I am running android 6.0.1 on my Priv but I also have an update waiting but it doesn't give any detail as to what exactly it wants to update. Android? An App? Why the secrecy? How am I supposed to know if I want the update if it doesn't explain what is being updated. Surely they don't expect me to just trust them that it is a needed update and that it won't screw my phone up, again. Any way to find out exactly what it wants to update?
    04-25-17 03:22 PM
    Just go to settings > about phone > system updates and if is there probably you just received the April security update. Probably is that.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-25-17 03:34 PM
    it says one is waiting but it doesn't say what the update is. What is the update that added camera modes and other functionality improvements? I don't have the 3 dots in my camera which means I didn't get that update. I was hoping that is what this is but with no detail it is impossible to tell what they are wanting me to update.
    04-25-17 03:57 PM
    it says one is waiting but it doesn't say what the update is. What is the update that added camera modes and other functionality improvements? I don't have the 3 dots in my camera which means I didn't get that update. I was hoping that is what this is but with no detail it is impossible to tell what they are wanting me to update.
    Camera feature updates should be in an update to the BlackBerry Camera app in the Play store.

If this update is a system update (i.e. in the Settings app) it should just be minor system fixes and security updates, if you're already on 6.0.1.
    04-25-17 04:43 PM
    You should update the camera app. Go to Play Store write BlackBerry to the search and you should see the BlackBerry apps in the results page. Update all those apps. You should see the update option if there is any available.

By the way I am attaching the screenshot of the camera UI. The three dots are on the upper right corner.
    04-25-17 04:47 PM
    turns out once i did the security update and the phone restarted, i got a message saying I had 43 app updates and yes one was for the camera. Thank you
    FF22 likes this.
    04-25-17 04:47 PM
    Mine, before update, had the hdr and flash icons switched and no dots. we'll see after the update.
    04-25-17 04:49 PM
    Glad you sorted things out. . Happy updating.
    04-25-17 04:50 PM
    Thank You.
    Hopefully it goes better than it has in the past with previous BB phones.
    04-25-17 05:29 PM
    turns out once i did the security update and the phone restarted, i got a message saying I had 43 app updates and yes one was for the camera. Thank you
    So you don't regularly check the playstore for updates?
    04-25-17 06:00 PM
    So you don't regularly check the playstore for updates?
    I just got the phone yesterday but no I never checked for updates on my previous BB's because the 2 times I updated the OS it screwed my phone up and we had to wipe it and reinstall the pre-update backup. This is also my first experience using the playstore.

After this set of updates I am getting my email notifications in 2 places, the hub and outlook, so I get two sound notifications and must check the email in 2 places in order to clear the red notification stars. I also have 2 message shortcuts now as well, one for the hub and one that just has text messages. It never fails. Something always screws up when I do an update. At least it didn't drop my Hotmail from the hub and refuse to add it back this time.
    04-25-17 06:07 PM
    Okay, we can sort out the two Email notifications, do you want to only receive your emails in the hub? If so, then go to settings, scroll down to apps, then gmail or whatever, and 'disable' it.

This says 'enable' cos I have disabled it.
    Attached Thumbnails What does it want to update?-16560.jpg  
    04-25-17 06:13 PM
    I just got the phone yesterday but no I never checked for updates on my previous BB's because the 2 times I updated the OS it screwed my phone up and we had to wipe it and reinstall the pre-update backup. This is also my first experience using the playstore.

After this set of updates I am getting my email notifications in 2 places, the hub and outlook, so I get two sound notifications and must check the email in 2 places in order to clear the red notification stars. I also have 2 message shortcuts now as well, one for the hub and one that just has text messages. It never fails. Something always screws up when I do an update. At least it didn't drop my Hotmail from the hub and refuse to add it back this time.
    Working as intended. The hub is an email client and outlook is also an email client. You don't need to use both and you can turn off the notification from either so that only one will notify you.

It would be the same on any android or Apple device BTW, and this has nothing to do with updates.

Same story for your texts. The hub is a notification / message aggregator, and your texting app is just that, a texting app. On android you can also change the texting app if you find the one you're using now isn't adequate.
    04-25-17 06:15 PM
    Re the playstore, it's independent of BlackBerry, and you can also find the apps in settings, apps, should you need to disable them.

Sounds like you're overwhelmed if you only got the device yesterday.
    04-25-17 06:15 PM
    Working as intended. The hub is an email client and outlook is also an email client. You don't need to use both and you can turn off the notification from either so that only one will notify you.

It would be the same on any android or Apple device BTW, and this has nothing to do with updates.

Same story for your texts. The hub is a notification / message aggregator, and your texting app is just that, a texting app. On android you can also change the texting app if you find the one you're using now isn't adequate.
    I have never had an apple device or an android device before but it most certainly does have to do with the updates because prior to the update I only received notifications in the hub for emails and texts not in a separate place too. I have no idea what text app it is using as it just appeared upon restart after the update.
    04-25-17 06:25 PM
    Re the playstore, it's independent of BlackBerry, and you can also find the apps in settings, apps, should you need to disable them.

Sounds like you're overwhelmed if you only got the device yesterday.
    Not so much anymore. I had only a few real concerns and all but 1 are fixed now.
    I needed to know how to delete from the hub without opening the messages. Check.
    I needed to know how to set the phone to silent but then ring for select contacts. Check.
    I wanted to know what the update was. Check.
    I wanted to know how to change modes in the camera. Check.

The only issue left is on my BB10 I set it to flash red for a missed phone call, green for a missed email and blue for a missed text. That way I knew what I missed without having to touch the phone.
    Any idea if that is an option on the Priv?

Oh actually there is one more.
    I transferred all of my pics onto an SD card via a zipped folder but the Priv won't open it and after update the zipped folder full of pictures thinks it is a dictionary tool? Any cool tricks for getting all of my pics from the BB10 to the Priv?
    04-25-17 06:30 PM
    How large is your SD card? You may need to download the Microsoft ExFat for BlackBerry in the Google play store if the SD card is more than 32gb.
    04-25-17 06:43 PM
    How large is your SD card? You may need to download the Microsoft ExFat for BlackBerry in the Google play store if the SD card is more than 32gb.
    ITS 32GB
    04-25-17 07:56 PM
    I transferred all of my pics onto an SD card via a zipped folder but the Priv won't open it and after update the zipped folder full of pictures thinks it is a dictionary tool? Any cool tricks for getting all of my pics from the BB10 to the Priv?
    My photos (from vacations and other things) are now in a Folder on my SD card. I placed them the DCIM folder - that's the folder where the camera stores photos you take with the camera if you save them to sd-card and not Internal Memroy. In the DCIM folder I created a subfolder called, well, Photos. Within that folder I have other subfolder for my various trips and hikes. So you could do that if you wanted. So, if you have the photos in a folder somewhere on computer or older phone, you can just copy them to the sd-card in a new folder but don't bother zipping them up.

If unclear, just come back and ask. You sound like you've made great progress in a short time.
    04-25-17 09:08 PM
    Not so much anymore. I had only a few real concerns and all but 1 are fixed now.
    I needed to know how to delete from the hub without opening the messages. Check.
    I needed to know how to set the phone to silent but then ring for select contacts. Check.
    I wanted to know what the update was. Check.
    I wanted to know how to change modes in the camera. Check.

The only issue left is on my BB10 I set it to flash red for a missed phone call, green for a missed email and blue for a missed text. That way I knew what I missed without having to touch the phone.
    Any idea if that is an option on the Priv?

Oh actually there is one more.
    Doesn't it flash red for missed calls and blue for texts by default? E-mails you can set in the Hub, you can choose a different color, different sound and different vibration for each account.

Regarding .zip... Just find an app that can open a .zip file, same as you would on a PC. FX file explorer can do it, RAR...
    Though I don't see why put pictures in a .zip in the first place and it would be easier to just transfer them with the way @FF22 suggests.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-26-17 12:31 AM