I have checked the Priv out and it is a nice looking device. I am quite happy with my Classic but am intrigued by the Priv's larger screen, dual PKB and VKB, Dtek, some BB10 features and camera.

My question is what will I be giving up if I switch to the Priv from the Classic? I know that there will be no native file manager, Hub is not as good, no Blend and no BlackBerry Travel app which I rely on.

Thank you for your input.

Posted via Classic
    FF22 likes this.
    02-02-16 02:17 PM
    About all we have lost the exceptional BlackBerry Hub integration and fine-grain control over application permissions.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-02-16 02:39 PM
    Marshmallow will fix app permissions .

So your giving up a superior hub and some security.

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    02-02-16 03:09 PM
    As per these forums, BlackBerry Travel = WorldMate, which is available in the Play store.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-02-16 03:25 PM
    Should consider what will u gain.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-02-16 03:27 PM
    question is do you "need" a priv ? does your classic do everything you need it to ?
    02-02-16 03:41 PM
    Led notification control, YouTube and media playing while the device is even locked, rich and productive UI

You cannot for example long click on a picture and set it as a wallpaper !
    Real multitasking..
    So far the list is long

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Passport
    xxslxx and RealGrouchy like this.
    02-02-16 04:13 PM
    Have moved from my Classic to Passport SE to Priv and back to Classic. In my opinion the Priv is the worst device of the three with the Passport SE only second to the Classic which is about as good as it gets.
    acovey and NtotheK like this.
    02-02-16 04:20 PM
    Led notification control, YouTube and media playing while the device is even locked, rich and productive UI

You cannot for example long click on a picture and set it as a wallpaper !
    Real multitasking..
    So far the list is long

Yep, that is quite shocking that you cant set a picture as a wallpaper in 2016. Another thing is you always need to download apps to get your phone working as you used to/like to or whatever. Best example file manager. Battery saving mode is pretty poor too, just 2 options and you cant decide what he minimises/turns off. Android is pretty incomplete imo, I expected more

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 04:24 PM
    Everything you mentioned...the PRIV drains the battery and heats up...

02-02-16 04:32 PM
    As you already mentioned, you would loose Blend, a few Hub functionality and gestures.
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-02-16 04:50 PM
    Bbm video and blend and the quick share functions
    pat-wallace and xxslxx like this.
    02-02-16 05:13 PM
    question is do you "need" a priv ? does your classic do everything you need it to ?
    Yes. My Classic does meet all of my needs and more. I do have an Android tablet if we need games and other non essential apps on. I was checking the Priv out and being a BlackBerry enthusiast, it made me curious.

Posted via Classic
    02-02-16 05:40 PM
    Bbm video and blend and the quick share functions
    StoryMaker too I am assuming? Won't be buying the Priv then and will just stick with my Lenovo tablet for the Android experience.

Will consider a Priv like device when BB10 is obsolete

Posted via Classic
    02-02-16 05:42 PM
    A little on the keyboard however after owning both devices the Priv definitely brings more to the table than what you are giving up. I actually moved on from the Classic to the Passport shortly after the Passport launched. I have no regrets moving on to the Priv
    02-02-16 06:14 PM
    I have found the task / appointment notification to be anemic...

02-02-16 06:16 PM
    A little on the keyboard however after owning both devices the Priv definitely brings more to the table than what you are giving up. I actually moved on from the Classic to the Passport shortly after the Passport launched. I have no regrets moving on to the Priv
    I have read reviews on it and I agree, if I were to go Android the Priv would be a good option. Gorgeous device right? I think BlackBerry did a great job. I am smitten with my Classic. I have small hands so the Passport is too wide for me. I did play with one too.

Thank you.

Posted via Classic
    02-02-16 06:21 PM
    Priv runs a different OS, there are pros and cons. Personally I have used Z10 Z30 and the Passport. They were all good devices apart of the Passport that was excellent! Now I am using the Priv and I think is in excellent device as well and definitely I have not regret the change. It took me about a week to discover Android and I don't think that there are things that I miss from my Passport, just some things have to be done on a different way.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-02-16 07:09 PM
    Priv runs a different OS, there are pros and cons. Personally I have used Z10 Z30 and the Passport. They were all good devices apart of the Passport that was excellent! Now I am using the Priv and I think is in excellent device as well and definitely I have not regret the change. It took me about a week to discover Android and I don't think that there are things that I miss from my Passport, just some things have to be done on a different way.
    Maybe you didn't stay with the Passport so long! But it's hard to switch in my opinion to Priv coming from BlackBerry 10 !

The keyboard doesn't support multi language suggestions, I think that the Priv has been made for those berrie user who had switch to android for so long, by giving em a light BlackBerry experience sneak peek.

02-03-16 12:20 AM
    big thing to remember is that the priv is an android phone just running some blackberry apps and the hub is poor pkb is small and no where as good as the pkb on the classic or passport (imo) ....give it a go you may like it if not you can always sell it
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-03-16 12:26 AM
    In a nutshell:

Lose: beautiful keyboard
    Gain: all the apps that make the internet so great

In my worth it!
    02-03-16 01:19 AM
    I made the move from Classic to Priv, yes as already mentioned, the hub, is not quite upto BB10 standard yet, but is improving with each update, the PKB is good, not quite as big but very usable, and I use it more than the vkb, the screen is excellent, and for watching video, surpasses most phones and IMO all current blackberry handsets, People remember the Priv is Android and not BB10 as does not try to be a BB10 phone and as such is "different" I like my Priv and cannot see any reason to revert back to a BB10 handset ! I now have access to the apps, that 99.9% of people cried about not being available on BB10, so it really comes down to personal choices, and phone usage.
    02-03-16 01:37 AM
    Everything you mentioned...the PRIV drains the battery and heats up...

Should read some privs heat up and some have battery issues, but not all !
    02-03-16 01:40 AM
    In my view, you will lose the elegant simplicity of a superior OS that is efficient.

Hub integration is choppy in the Priv (not as bad for the emails, but absolutely horrible for Whatsapp and Text Messages).

You gain access to truck loads of apps (some of which MAY be considered NECESSARY or PRODUCTIVE).

I have a Classic and I bought the Priv. The PRIV remains with me but only as a secondary device (in the hopes that the updates will fix the issues and make it usable). The Classic remains my daily driver / primary device. I also continue to hope that they will come up with an update that will allow me a convenient way to SEND emails as opposed to moving my thumb all the way to the top right corner of the enormous screen.

Not bad mouthing the PRIV, but Android simply doesn't work for me. Having to download APPS for (what I consider to be) BASIC functionality is a turn off. And then put up with the ADS in those APPS. When you complain about missing features / the annoying ads, people say 'It's a free app... if these features are required, then buy the premium version and if the ads annoy you, then get a paid app'.

If the Classic is working fine for you, I see no reason why you would want to subject yourself to all this (Had I known how horrible the hub integration was, I wouldn't have bought the Priv).
    Maksimfa, FF22 and NtotheK like this.
    02-03-16 02:17 AM
    big thing to remember is that the priv is an android phone just running some blackberry apps and the hub is poor pkb is small and no where as good as the pkb on the classic or passport (imo) ....give it a go you may like it if not you can always sell it
    I think that was the impression I came away with too. I found it hard to think of it as a BlackBerry phone. And we own all BB10 devices except for the Passport.

Posted via Classic
    02-03-16 07:04 AM
78 123 ...