I don't have this AT&T ProTech Protection Plan you are referencing but the Device Health Application does show up from time to time. This app randomly appears and not on any specific schedule. The good news is other than when it first appeared and was consuming a good amount of battery, now when it appears the battery consumption is minimal...👍

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    01-25-16 03:27 PM
    Spoke with AT&T and this app is something AT&T runs specific to the Priv. It scans your device once a week or so for information regarding the devices health.

It is part of their Device Protection Plan/Insurance which I have. I do know the app was installed on my Priv before I had insurance added so it's on the device regardless if you have one of their Protection Plans or not.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    01-25-16 04:22 PM
    The device health application is the single largest resource hog besides the screen for my device.

It has been this way for a couple weeks. I have hard reset my device enough times to not want to do that again...
    01-26-16 06:31 PM
    Absolutely ridiculous.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails What Is This Device Health Application?-32064.jpg  
    01-26-16 06:36 PM
    Good old CarrierIQ.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-26-16 06:48 PM
    I've just begun seeing Device Health Application show up in my battery usage. I'm a new PRIV owner so I only have about a week of data to look at but for the first 6 days at the end of the day my battery was 66%, 46%, 65%, 57%, 47%, 50%. For the last 2 days my battery was 26% and 23% and Device Health Application showed up as a major consumer of battery. My usage has been fairly consistent.

Then I remembered that I had turned on AT&T's DriveMode application 2 days ago. I didn't leave it on long as it was such a nuisance but I suspect that is what triggered the appearance of Device Health Application.

Now the question is how to revert to not having Device Health Application run? Since it doesn't show up as a normal app it doesn't seem that you can disable it. I wonder about clearing cache. A factory reset seems likely to reset it. That's drastic but worth the effort if it fixes it.

Have any of the other contributors on this thread run DriveMode?
    Last edited by fastoy; 07-09-16 at 09:51 AM.
    07-08-16 10:36 PM
    Oh, well. I did a factory reset yesterday and Device Health Application still is a large (relatively) user of the battery. This was 58 minutes of Screen on Time.

The brief gap was when the phone rebooted while I was tethering.

What Is This Device Health Application?-2016-07-15-03.01.51.jpg
    07-14-16 10:34 PM
    Odd that it doesn't show up under apps, does it show under data usage? If so, restrict background data for it, that should help some.
    I'd be on the phone with AT&T and raising heck.
    07-15-16 07:24 AM
    It's the new device health application by Google, it's a part of Gapps. It scans your device to check its health. It's there even in Nano Gapps package: https://github.com/opengapps/opengap...i/Nano-Package
    The only way to get rid of it is to use a custom ROM flashed with Pico Gapps which doesn't have the device health application.
    07-28-17 11:20 AM
34 12