What bluetooth headset do you use with your PRIV and how happy are you with it? How does it work on Android M compared to L?

I've been using a Jabra Classic for about a year and performance on Android M clearly degraded. Call quality is great only when the phone is right in front of me. If I start moving or put the phone in my pocket, I can barely hear anything.

Thing is, I also tested the headset on an iPhone 6S and while the range is better, I still get some static when I move around and it's the same crap quality with the phone in my pocket. I have a pebble so my goal is to never have to get the phone out of my pocket when receiving calls.
    06-28-16 05:02 AM
    Jabra Wave+. Been using that since several phones. Also have a Jabra BT4010 as a backup when that runs out of juice, and yes this POS sounds like crap.

Jabra's lower end ones are really crappy, but they do look stylish overall. If you want audio quality, get a Plantronics Voyager. Best in class.
    06-28-16 06:30 AM
    Jabra Wave+. Been using that since several phones. Also have a Jabra BT4010 as a backup when that runs out of juice, and yes this POS sounds like crap.

Jabra's lower end ones are really crappy, but they do look stylish overall. If you want audio quality, get a Plantronics Voyager. Best in class.
    Seems to me that audio quality of a Bluetooth headset should be a far higher priority than stylish.
    06-28-16 07:27 AM
    Think in this case it's more of "you get what you pay for."

The higher end Jabras are actually decent and don't look like growths on your ear.
    06-28-16 07:30 AM
    Plantronics M50 works great with Priv and Samsung Tablets on M and L. Comfortable and has a 10+ hour charge.
    06-28-16 09:51 AM
    I have two Plantronic Legends and they both work very well with my priv. The only reason I have two is because the first one was lost only to be found after I purchased the second.
    06-28-16 10:06 AM
    Plantronics Backbeat fit -- my running headset and it works great.
    06-28-16 12:44 PM
    I had a plantronics discovery 975 and it was underwhelming for its price so I stayed away from the brand, but a coworker used a M50 and was satisfied with it.

I'm tempted with the voyager legend but it looks uncomfortable.
    06-28-16 03:40 PM
    Lg hbs900 are great!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-28-16 04:13 PM
    Motorola H730
    06-28-16 04:19 PM
    I had a plantronics discovery 975 and it was underwhelming for its price so I stayed away from the brand, but a coworker used a M50 and was satisfied with it.

I'm tempted with the voyager legend but it looks uncomfortable.
    The Legend is an excellent single-ear phone headset that will also do music (it will run both profiles) and thus if you want "one ear" music when working out it's a good choice as well. It also STAYS PUT when running. The only reason I got the Backbeat was that my Legend crapped out and for close to the same money having both ears "active" for running, which is my primary use for a headset, it was a no-brainer.

If your primary use is for calls the Legend is pretty much the best of the best.
    werkregen likes this.
    06-28-16 10:34 PM
    Plantronics Backbeat fit -- my running headset and it works great.
    +1

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    06-28-16 11:21 PM
    I know you're looking for a normal bluetooth headset, but my JBL Everest 100 bluetooth headphones are really clear. Music streaming has gotten degraded by the Android 6.0 update but the call quality has stayed top notch. I think they're only about 100 USD and they get me through a week with light usage pretty well. Their best feature is the fact that they turn off automatically after about 15 min of non usage. So, even if they're paired, they'll power off if no audio has been streamed. Can't tell you how frustrated I've been with other sets that don't utilize this feature.

06-29-16 12:20 AM
    quite happy with SOL REPUBLIC SHADOW.

my "back up", much more pocketable is PHILIPS SHB5850BK/27. nice, fair quality for talking and podcasts, but not the greatest for music.
    06-29-16 03:35 AM
    Think in this case it's more of "you get what you pay for."

The higher end Jabras are actually decent and don't look like growths on your ear.
    The performance was actually great the first year and started using it very often, but I believe the hardware somehow degraded over time. Maybe because I used the phone charger instead of connecting it to the laptop.

I know you're looking for a normal bluetooth headset, but my JBL Everest 100 bluetooth headphones are really clear. Music streaming has gotten degraded by the Android 6.0 update but the call quality has stayed top notch. I think they're only about 100 USD and they get me through a week with light usage pretty well. Their best feature is the fact that they turn off automatically after about 15 min of non usage. So, even if they're paired, they'll power off if no audio has been streamed. Can't tell you how frustrated I've been with other sets that don't utilize this feature.

They look nice but I have a Bose Qc20 which I've been using for the past 4 year and hope it'll last forever, so I'm looking for a simple one-ear headset.
    06-29-16 06:40 AM
    Plantronics Voyager Legend, can't be beat.
    Course the charge connection can be a bit finicky.
    I only do phone and notifications, so can't advise on stereo.
    06-29-16 08:21 AM
    Plantronics Backbeat go 2 w/charger case.
    06-30-16 02:02 PM
    Still using a BlackBerry HS-700 that works great.

06-30-16 06:40 PM
    Plantronics Backbeat Fit

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    07-27-16 08:49 PM
    Plantronics Voyager Legend

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    07-27-16 09:05 PM
    Plantronics voyager legend with wide and audio is the cat's ***. And always will be.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-28-16 12:23 AM
    Motorola Boom. Boom.

Love this little guy. I'm on my third - upgraded to latest version on sale for $25. They can now easily be found for this price.

Does everything I want. Battery lasts about six hours of talk time. I really like being able to flip the mic boom open and closed to shut it on/off.

Sometimes I forget I'm wearing it (which can be embarrassing...).

07-28-16 02:28 PM
    Boom! By Motorola!

Works throughout my split level house.

Easy on/off by open/close flip

Can connect to two devices @ once with ability to answer calls from both

Comfortable in ear via varied gel inserts or on ear with varied hooks.

Happy listening 👂 ☺

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    07-29-16 10:03 AM
    Plantronics M50 works great with Priv and Samsung Tablets on M and L. Comfortable and has a 10+ hour charge.
    I also have the Plantronics and I really like it.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 10:21 AM
    Backbeat go 2 w / charger case.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    07-29-16 11:19 AM
26 12