Coming from the BlackBerry Passport, I really miss a lag free browser

Any suggestion?

Posted via the CrackBerry app on PRIV by BlackBerry
    06-22-16 03:51 PM
    Still prefer Chrome.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    06-22-16 03:51 PM
    I like Firefox. Firefox has a tracking protection option, which as well as obviously improving privacy, reduces data usage, and blocks lots of ads.
    You can also install add-ons. I have an Add-on that hides all the annoying cookie notices, and one that let's me assign three finger swipes to actions like opening a new tab.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    nick13b likes this.
    06-22-16 04:03 PM
    Opera mini beta for me. The only thing that sort of lacks is the video playback on some websites. Other than that, it's a great browser. No lag, easy on date, uses little phone resources

Posted via unlocked BlackBerry Venice on T-Mobile
    06-22-16 04:18 PM
    Chrome x2. Firefox and Opera are very good, but lack some functionality in terms support for videos or specific content. I dont like using it, because of the heavy use of resources and heats the device up after extended use, but it works the best IMO.

06-22-16 04:25 PM
    I use naked browser very Light

06-22-16 04:39 PM
    I use naked browser very Light

Ditto on the Naked browser for now. I fire up Chrome and Firefox from time to time.

06-22-16 04:48 PM
    Habit Browser, thanks to Thurask. Customizable, long press back and next to skip to bottom / top of page, location bar on bottom. No reader mode sadly, but hopefully someday.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tBrowser&hl=en

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 04:57 PM
    Firefox!
    06-22-16 05:55 PM
    Ghostery

06-22-16 06:56 PM
    Firefox for about 80% of browsing.

Chrome used get a bit more use but the recent update changed the homepage to a click to go to instead of a startpage. (It now opens to the last page viewed unless you take a few steps before closing out)

I tried Opera, didn't like it much.

I'd spend a night with my wife for a BB10 browser and the user awesome address bar at the BOTTOM of the page.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    06-22-16 07:21 PM
    I find Chrome Beta to be pretty good.

06-22-16 08:14 PM
    I use Firefox but the search bar is super leggy. If wasn't for that fact that Firefox can be minimized on video playback, I would go back to using Chrome. But Chrome sets my Priv a blaze!

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    06-22-16 08:41 PM
    Yandex browser for main surfing, Habit as a backup. Both have bottom address bar, but Yandex seems a bit lighter and faster. Closest to BB10 browser, as others have mentioned.

Posted via CrackBerry on my BlackBerry PRIV
    06-22-16 09:08 PM
    Yandex browser for main surfing, Habit as a backup. Both have bottom address bar, but Yandex seems a bit lighter and faster. Closest to BB10 browser, as others have mentioned.

Posted via CrackBerry on my BlackBerry PRIV
    Thank you, reader mode and data compression as well apparently!

EDIT: For those interested, you have to get the Beta or Alpha version for the bottom location bar.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ser.beta&hl=en
    Last edited by Reaney; 06-23-16 at 02:24 AM.
    06-22-16 09:18 PM
    Chrome and Firefox . Chrome seems faster, and Firefox turns my PRIV to a handwarmer

Sent from my Secure BlackBerry PRIV Smartphone
    06-22-16 10:16 PM
    Cm browser, lightweight and fast

Posted via Priv
    06-22-16 11:19 PM
    Why is there no shortcut like B, T and L on chrome?

Posted from my trusted Passport
    06-23-16 05:04 AM
    Why is there no shortcut like B, T and L on chrome?

Posted from my trusted Passport
    Because Android doesn't come with built in pkb shortcuts. It's an argument in favour of BlackBerry modifying the stock Android browser to include support for those pkb shortcuts some of us use and love.
    06-23-16 05:46 AM
    Chrome and Firefox . Chrome seems faster, and Firefox turns my PRIV to a handwarmer

Sent from my Secure BlackBerry PRIV Smartphone
    That's funny I have the complete opposite experience as you. Chrome was setting my Priv a blaze!

06-23-16 05:55 AM
    Chrome is definitely still the best Android offering, in terms of general use, though will agree that last update did bad things, so I just reverted my Chrome back to the stock MM version, which was pre-update, and disabled the auto-updating. Firefox has come very far since its first versions on Android, but it still isn't quite as fast and smooth as Chrome. But, the advantage of Firefox is that it has full extension support, so hellooooooooooooo ublock.
    06-23-16 08:10 AM
    Chrome is definitely still the best Android offering, in terms of general use, though will agree that last update did bad things, so I just reverted my Chrome back to the stock MM version, which was pre-update, and disabled the auto-updating. Firefox has come very far since its first versions on Android, but it still isn't quite as fast and smooth as Chrome. But, the advantage of Firefox is that it has full extension support, so hellooooooooooooo ublock.
    Lemme guess... the removal of the cards as tabs?
    artemis-kun likes this.
    06-23-16 08:13 AM
    There's a Chromium based browser call SRWare Iron, and it's available for Android. It's basically Chrome without all the data tracking and makes browsing alot more comfortable for those who are conscious of Google's data mining...has some ad blocking.

SRWare Iron - The Browser of the Future
    06-23-16 11:19 AM
    miss the address bar at the bottom of the page also
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-23-16 11:32 AM
    That's funny I have the complete opposite experience as you. Chrome was setting my Priv a blaze!

Firefox occasionally warms my Priv too.

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    06-23-16 11:42 AM
44 12