Have a question I am hoping to have an answer to or atleast be given some direction to track down the issue.

I noticed that at home when connected to wifi and plugged in to charge, the device seemingly always gets and stays warm/hot.

The wifi indicator shows the up and down arrow meaning its connected and downloading something. The thing is, I am not using it at all. When I use the app - all in one toolbox & greenify to check, there is nothing running.

So what is using up the resources???!

Any idea how to check?

Could it be that all in one toolbox an greenify is messing up my device?
    04-03-16 12:15 PM
    Delete them and see. �\_(ツ)_/�***
    04-03-16 12:28 PM
    In Settings, tap the Battery option. When the graph shows, tap it for more details (although not terrific).

As for those Apps, you can remove/UNinstall one or both and see how things perform.

Also run Dtek and see what it says is running. Tap Apps, then tap individual apps and see whatever.
    04-03-16 12:33 PM
    This happens to other android phone

#workwide #OG Black
    david7saad likes this.
    04-03-16 12:36 PM
    Have you installed Snapdragon BatteryGuru?

You can check the differnece of % of use -vs- % of time connected.
    (Just don't offer to submit data for statistical purposes) Because that's a 2gb resource per month (average)

I tried greenify, but for what? When the company who made my processer has a much more cool app.
    04-03-16 12:49 PM
    Whenever it's running hot I open OS Monitor to see what process is using up the CPU which is why the phones getting hot.

Usually it's BlackBerry Services for me. But there are some bugs I reported and will be fixed in an upcoming release.

I think once Marshmallow comes BlackBerry is going with the theme of optimizations and bug fixes for their suite of apps as well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-03-16 01:12 PM
    Is OS Monitor a separate app?
    04-03-16 01:40 PM
    Yeah, haven't had to mess around so much with battery tricks before. The android setup is a hot mess at first with basically every app made independently, even core file management.

I am still looking for solutions and hope BlackBerry has the cash to see thing through. I can erase 30% in 20 minutes with light cb browsing... and the heat is pronounced, something the BB10 devices only did when gaming for 30mins..

All I know right now is turn off auto backlight..

04-04-16 12:37 PM
    Use the autoloader

oakakaemmy likes this.
    04-04-16 01:09 PM
    It's android os, don't be surprised.
    04-04-16 01:35 PM
    Dude you not alone, the heat and the battery drain is killing this amazing phone..
    04-06-16 02:22 PM
    I loaded the app called All-in-one toolbox.
    check it out and my battery lasts all day 6am-9 or 10pm
    04-06-16 09:06 PM
    If your priv is hot when not in use there is something running in the background causing the hest. Check all your settings to see what is causing the heat it took me a while to check every setting on my priv.

04-06-16 09:12 PM
    BB ought to give us a Priv version of Device Monitor. It was was very good at diagnosing what was running and how much battery it was using.
    04-06-16 10:25 PM
    BB ought to give us a Priv version of Device Monitor. It was was very good at diagnosing what was running and how much battery it was using.
    Absolutely agree!
    04-07-16 05:00 PM
    Dude you not alone, the heat and the battery drain is killing this amazing phone..
    Cant agree more
    04-07-16 08:06 PM
    Mine is always hot too.....probably because I have difficulty putting it down. Seriously, I don't have that problem. I close every ap when it is done, and the screen brightness is turned down to about 1/3. I have no issues. Great phone. Really.

Brian

04-07-16 09:19 PM
    He must got a spring fever

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 09:22 PM
    I had two, and both easily got for moderate use, e.g. browsing, reading emails, etc. 808 is not a good soc.
    04-08-16 12:53 AM
    That's what she said.

04-08-16 12:58 AM
    Definitely check WiFi. Next time your device heats up and your battery drains, disable WiFi and reset your router.

04-08-16 01:51 AM
    Yeah, haven't had to mess around so much with battery tricks before. The android setup is a hot mess at first with basically every app made independently, even core file management.

I am still looking for solutions and hope BlackBerry has the cash to see thing through. I can erase 30% in 20 minutes with light cb browsing... and the heat is pronounced, something the BB10 devices only did when gaming for 30mins..

All I know right now is turn off auto backlight..

You suggest turning off the adaptive brightness feature? Is that what you're saying?

04-08-16 05:32 PM
    I used the autoloader, due to camera Malfunctions, and I ran the BLackBerry virtual Health app... Before i had failed the screen sliding check. This time it worked. If you're having trouble with your PRIV, try the autoloader, with my custom desktop and SSD this took literally 13 seconds to flash.
    04-08-16 06:18 PM