So, a couple days ago I was walking towards my car and had my phone in my pocked. I got a WhatsApp message and the usual tone went off. But this time it was really really loud and distorted (like loud popped speakers), and once the sound had went off, it went to a really high pitched screeching noise that would not stop! (imagine a dog whistle). I thought maybe it was a one off, but it kept happening even after!

I've never experienced anything like this on any phone. Obviously I switched it off and switched it back on again, and it's been fine since. I checked my speakers by playing music etc. and checked message tones and thankfully they're fine now too. Not sure what on earth happened but I hope it's just a one off!

Has anyone else experienced this?
    05-09-16 03:58 AM
    Ghost?

Wasn't this explained in the movie 'Minority Report'...

If a reboot handles it, I wouldn't worry, unless it returns...

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 05:02 AM
    I experienced it once on my Samsung Galaxy S3, years ago. Really strange... it happened that one time but never again, and I used the phone for 3 years.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    deadcowboy and RSKandola like this.
    05-09-16 05:11 AM
    Wonder if there was a high frequency radio source nearby or some other kind of electromagnetic interference? Did you check around for time portals?
    RSKandola and iPomps like this.
    05-09-16 08:27 AM
    Wonder if there was a high frequency radio source nearby or some other kind of electromagnetic interference? Did you check around for time portals?
    No I didn't. It was just at my work place car park in the town centre. I don't think there was any.
    05-10-16 07:06 AM
    I believe there is a BlackBerry virtual expert app that can test and validate the hardware.
    05-10-16 07:44 AM
    Then tardis was landing nearby

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android PRIV
    Lotster likes this.
    05-10-16 05:44 PM
    I'm pretty sure it was Exotic Matter. Resistance 4ever!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Lotster likes this.
    05-10-16 06:54 PM
    yes! it was charging on the cradle and I went to set the alarm. The second I tapped open the app, it started making this horrible loud screeching sound. I'm also hoping it was a one off.
    05-10-16 08:46 PM
    I once heard a guy in the parking lot talking on his ham radio through the speakerphone on the desk

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 09:14 PM
    yes! it was charging on the cradle and I went to set the alarm. The second I tapped open the app, it started making this horrible loud screeching sound. I'm also hoping it was a one off.
    Wait a second! Was it on a wireless charger? If so then yes, I've experienced the same issue. Stops when you take it off of the wireless charger and unplug - replug the power to the charger. No idea of the cause unfortunately.
    05-11-16 05:23 AM