First thread I've posted here, apologies for any mistakes in forum protocol.

I (gulp) got some water on my phone. Thankfully it seems to be functioning normally. Except I've noticed some blur on pictures and when I look at the camera lens I can see some water drops. This is only when I take conventional pictures. When I use the flip option to take selfies and what not, there is no blur.

Any suggestions there? Thanks for any help, I'm not a big tech savvy person but not many people have this phone so getting help friends was difficult!
    05-28-16 09:46 PM
    The back cover is apparently pretty easy to remove. Do a search here. Keep in mind that the back cover is merely clear glass. The actual camera module (and lenses) are actually behind the back cover.

Cheers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-28-16 11:03 PM
    I'd suggest you leave it submerged in rice overnight ... If that does not work then you might want to try pulling the back of the BlackBerry off and lenses to see if you can clean it. There are a few videos online that may help but you needed special tools. Cracberry sells mobile tool kits free minus shipping.
    05-28-16 11:04 PM
    Place the phone in a container with raw rice or commercial desiccant and close it. Leave it to dry. Or place in a warm but not hot location with circulating air. Hopefully, if the water evaporates cleanly, it will not leave any residue on the inside of the lens.
    05-28-16 11:07 PM
    Thanks everyone. When I look at the lens now I don't see anything so the water may have evaporated on its own and the pictures are clear. However, after it happened the pictures were bad, then they got a bit better, than worse again, so I'll keep my eye on it and keep these suggested methods in mind. Lucky for sure!
    FF22 and martinjdub like this.
    05-29-16 01:25 AM