Hi everyone

I am assuming that given the build issues I am having with this phone, I will end up eventually filing a warranty claim before the one year warranty is up. Can someone detail the process for me? Would I send it directly back to blackberry, and how long does it take to get a replacement device? Also, I am assuming I would have to send my existing phone in before they send me a replacement? Do they provide a temporary phone to use while the claim is being filed? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks again
    Andy
    01-10-16 05:19 PM
    Hi everyone

I am assuming that given the build issues I am having with this phone, I will end up eventually filing a warranty claim before the one year warranty is up. Can someone detail the process for me? Would I send it directly back to blackberry, and how long does it take to get a replacement device? Also, I am assuming I would have to send my existing phone in before they send me a replacement? Do they provide a temporary phone to use while the claim is being filed? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks again
    Andy
    I'm not really sure but in my case with my previous blackberry z30 I did advance exchange. They will send you refurbished unit or a new one depends on the stock and you move your data to the new phone then you would have to send them back the defective unit. I did this through the carrier and not directly from BlackBerry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-10-16 06:58 PM
    I sent my Passport in for repair/replacement once and they send you the new device and a prepaid box to send the old one in. They keep a credit card on file and will charge you for the replacement device if you don't send your old one back within a certain amount of time. I think they also gave me the option of sending in my current device first if I didn't want the credit card on file (which I did since I had a Classic to use in the meantime).

01-11-16 10:14 PM
    The warranty process for the priv is a joke.. they told me i had to go through best buy, best buy told me i had to go through blackberry, not blackberry is telling me they have to ask somebody if i can even get a replacement.. like what the actual f%%%% is that??? Blackberry has managed to p me off
    01-25-16 09:47 AM
    If you purchased your BlackBerry from a carrier specific retailer (even Best Buy links you to one of many carriers) and phone BlackBerry support, they will ask you to go to the retailer where you purchased the device to deal with the warranty.

BlackBerry support should and usually do offer to contact the carrier or the retailer for you, while you're on the phone, in a 3-way conference call. They basically deal with the retailer for you.

01-25-16 02:46 PM