The hub is great and all but it lacks the integration that OS 10 has with the swipe. Also, say you open Whatsapp. It takes you to the app and clicking the back button takes you to the app main screen rather than back to the hub. Annoying, yes.

Here's how you can get that much needed swipeness back in your life. "All in one gesture" a free app from the play store is all you need.
    Using the app you can set up swipes throughout the OS to launch Apps or shortcuts.

Download the app, open it up and set up a gesture to swipe the left side of the screen to open hub. As simple as that.

What you get is the ability to open hub from any screen with the same swipe gesture as BB OS 10. Also, when you open Whatsapp from there, rather than Press the back button, just swipe again and you will go back to the hub.

I'm inserting screenshot and you will be able to see the "handle" on the left side of the screen (also the right, I've set up another shortcut over there)
    But if you want you can make the handle completely invisible. I have it visible only till swiping goes into my muscle memory.
    Attached Thumbnails Want BlackBerry OS10-like swipe for hub? Here's how.-17863.jpg  
    syclone1978 likes this.
    10-21-16 11:59 AM
    Thanks for the information!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-21-16 12:25 PM
    I use Nova Launcher prime with swipe features. I just swipe up to open the hub instead of left.
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    10-21-16 12:36 PM
    I use Nova Launcher prime with swipe features. I just swipe up to open the hub instead of left.
    Yes you could do that but BlackBerry OS 10 uses a swipe from the left to access the hub. I was trying to emulate that. Also this way you can access an app and go back straight to the hub. You can't do that with the nova swipe gesture.
    10-21-16 01:27 PM
    I tried All In One Gestures, but am currently using Smart Launcher Pro and have gained that functionality. I find I like that even better than using the Hub widget.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 01:52 PM
    Re: All in one gestures.

It wanted more permissions that I wanted to grant and it would not run. I did not see why it needed my location nor access to my photos. I guess if I wanted it to access photos, I would approve that but I first wanted to try it.
    10-21-16 03:25 PM
    Re: All in one gestures.

It wanted more permissions that I wanted to grant and it would not run. I did not see why it needed my location nor access to my photos. I guess if I wanted it to access photos, I would approve that but I first wanted to try it.
    Same here. I got used to the native swipe shortcuts, I like how they're always available. Plus I have multiple home screens and swipe left / right depending on what app I'm looking for.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-21-16 03:31 PM
    you are right this app really makes priv feel like blackberry 10. however I am so used to swipe widget now that I do not feel need for blackberry 10 solution
    10-22-16 05:17 AM
    you are right this app really makes priv feel like blackberry 10. however I am so used to swipe widget now that I do not feel need for blackberry 10 solution
    Same, BB10 had some great features, but after using my Priv for a while I'm now used to this system.

A different platform, a different method for doing things . Nothing lasts forever, may as well get used to and embrace change.

I still have and occasionally use my Classic, so if I want the 'old hub' back, I'll use that - instead of trying g to make my Priv something it isn't.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-22-16 06:12 AM
    Of course. In fact I don't even use the hub but I noticed a lot of OS10 users complaining about how the hub is different. I personally don't find the need for the hub in my usage due to android having a notification pullout. But if you do want to emulate the hub like on OS 10 I found this to be the only way to do it.

This is more of a hey look you can do it just the way you did it before not a hey don't do what you're doing and do it this way.

Just thought BlackBerry faithfuls wanting to emulate OS 10 would find this helpful.
    10-22-16 06:24 AM
    blackberry could easily add this feature in next os update. it is already done for productivity tab.
    Hypnopottamus likes this.
    10-22-16 06:33 AM
    What I really miss is the 'peak' feature of bb10
    DarkJoker33 and bakron1 like this.
    10-22-16 06:33 AM
    it will come with time. I do not understand why BlackBerry does not ad this to Android
    10-22-16 06:36 AM
    it will come with time. I do not understand why BlackBerry does not ad this to Android
    Most likely because while BB10 is BlackBerry's OS, any modifications to the Android OS must be made by Google.
    10-22-16 09:08 PM
    Most likely because while BB10 is BlackBerry's OS, any modifications to the Android OS must be made by Google.
    Or must be skinned by BlackBerry

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-22-16 09:46 PM
    The hub is great and all but it lacks the integration that OS 10 has with the swipe. Also, say you open Whatsapp. It takes you to the app and clicking the back button takes you to the app main screen rather than back to the hub. Annoying, yes.

Here's how you can get that much needed swipeness back in your life. "All in one gesture" a free app from the play store is all you need.
    Using the app you can set up swipes throughout the OS to launch Apps or shortcuts.

Download the app, open it up and set up a gesture to swipe the left side of the screen to open hub. As simple as that.

What you get is the ability to open hub from any screen with the same swipe gesture as BB OS 10. Also, when you open Whatsapp from there, rather than Press the back button, just swipe again and you will go back to the hub.

I'm inserting screenshot and you will be able to see the "handle" on the left side of the screen (also the right, I've set up another shortcut over there)
    But if you want you can make the handle completely invisible. I have it visible only till swiping goes into my muscle memory.
    Thanks you OP . I have downloaded just now .
    10-23-16 02:38 AM
    how is peak different from pop up widget ?
    10-25-16 11:39 AM
    Surely the solution to this is just adding the Hub to the Quick Launch which is what I did... a year ago.

One swipe up and to the right from anywhere opens the hub.

Also, the opening stuff in the hub and pressing back actually does take you back to the hub with recent updates.
    TBonius Rex likes this.
    10-25-16 12:19 PM
    how is peak different from pop up widget ?
    With peek, you can take a peek at the hub and the current screen your on minimizes a bit, then it pops right back to where you were when you stop peeking.
    No need to go back to the app tray and select the app you were oblast using.

Unless I am missing something, this isn't currently possible in Android
    10-25-16 12:31 PM
    With peek, you can take a peek at the hub and the current screen your on minimizes a bit, then it pops right back to where you were when you stop peeking.
    No need to go back to the app tray and select the app you were oblast using.

Unless I am missing something, this isn't currently possible in Android
    with that app "all in one gestures" you will get exactly the same peak as on BB10.
    10-27-16 10:02 AM
    Surely the solution to this is just adding the Hub to the Quick Launch which is what I did... a year ago.

One swipe up and to the right from anywhere opens the hub.

Also, the opening stuff in the hub and pressing back actually does take you back to the hub with recent updates.
    Clearly no one's getting the point of this post. yes there are other ways to do it but this is one way too. And this emulates OS 10. I wasn't saying you should. I was just saying hey! You could. And no. Not for all Apps. Open Whatsapp, press back ad it goes to the main screen of whatsapp.
    10-27-16 10:38 AM
    Clearly no one's getting the point of this post. yes there are other ways to do it but this is one way too. And this emulates OS 10. I wasn't saying you should. I was just saying hey! You could. And no. Not for all Apps. Open Whatsapp, press back ad it goes to the main screen of whatsapp.
    Lol okay bro. Whatever works for you.
    10-27-16 12:42 PM
    with that app "all in one gestures" you will get exactly the same peak as on BB10.
    Hey

I've installed the app,
    But the peak is not the same as bb10

I'm not saying that the op said the app was, just that my point is, bb10 was slick because you could swipe to the left while keeping your finger in the screen, to see the hub, then move your finger back and continue on the other thing you were working on.

For instance, as I type this, I tried the all in one app and tried the swipe fro the left side of the screen to see hub, only to have to go back to my recent apps to start typing this again

That is the o e most critical, small amazing detail that made that peak feature so handy.

I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to get my point a across and would love to be corrected, because I sure miss that feature.

Especially, since it worked with whatever email or text was open in the hub, so you could peak info in an email while do a spreadsheet or using calculator for instance

Anyway, maybe someone can help me that

To the op, good call on this app, it does help to bring back some bb10 love
    10-30-16 09:52 PM
    Hey

I've installed the app,
    But the peak is not the same as bb10

I'm not saying that the op said the app was, just that my point is, bb10 was slick because you could swipe to the left while keeping your finger in the screen, to see the hub, then move your finger back and continue on the other thing you were working on.

For instance, as I type this, I tried the all in one app and tried the swipe fro the left side of the screen to see hub, only to have to go back to my recent apps to start typing this again

That is the o e most critical, small amazing detail that made that peak feature so handy.

I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to get my point a across and would love to be corrected, because I sure miss that feature.

Especially, since it worked with whatever email or text was open in the hub, so you could peak info in an email while do a spreadsheet or using calculator for instance

Anyway, maybe someone can help me that

To the op, good call on this app, it does help to bring back some bb10 love
    No. you cannot peek unfortunately. Peeking was one of the reasons I loved the hub. What I did while trying to emulate this was left swipe for the hub and right swipe for recent apps. That way it was easier to get in and out quickly rather than aiming for the home button.
    But like I mentioned before, I don't use the android hub since it doesn't serve it's purpose to be like the OS 10 hub.
    I have immersive mode turned on (using the same app) so these days I have left as recent and right swipe as back. It saves me the hassle of having to swipe up for the nav bar. And the fullscreen mode makes a huge difference with the size of the screen.

Oh, if anyone does use immersive mode, white list your home screen and other apps you use often.
    10-31-16 12:07 AM
    those who use this app does it affect your phone battery. I think it does
    10-31-16 03:39 AM
32 12