How do I boost the volume when I'm using ear phones? When I press the volume up button it won't move beyond the half mark even when I swipe to full it just get back to the half mark.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-14-17 10:17 PM
    There should be a settings in there that allows you to go higher it's a safety so you don't blow your eardrum
    05-14-17 10:20 PM
    When you press volume up you should get a notification in the middle of the screen telling you is unsafe to go higher but is giving you the option to click OK and move over that level. Just let the music play and minimize the player window and you should be able to see that notification. At least this is what I get playing amazon music sometimes.
    05-14-17 10:26 PM
    How do I boost the volume when I'm using ear phones? When I press the volume up button it won't move beyond the half mark even when I swipe to full it just get back to the half mark.
    First my usual warning. Turning the volume up to overcome certain other loud background noise (lawn mower, jet engine) or anything else very loud can permanently damage hearing and the listener won't know it. It does not take much to do the damage.

With that:

Headphone volume

Okay, I have no idea what has caused this but found a solution. Over the last couple of days, a couple apps had given me the screen overlay message. So that prompted me to look in this area. What worked for me:

1) Go to settings, Apps
    2) Click the settings wheel in the top right corner
    3) At the next screen, click Draw Over Other Apps
    4) Click the three dots in the top right corner and click Show System
    5) Then scroll down the app list and find SystemUi and toggle to Yes

This fixed it for me as when my headphones are plugged in and I increase the volume, the warning prompt comes up and I can turn it up louder.
    dannche likes this.
    05-14-17 10:29 PM
    There should be a settings in there that allows you to go higher it's a safety so you don't blow your eardrum
    Can't find the settings any where.
    05-15-17 11:07 PM
    When you press volume up you should get a notification in the middle of the screen telling you is unsafe to go higher but is giving you the option to click OK and move over that level. Just let the music play and minimize the player window and you should be able to see that notification. At least this is what I get playing amazon music sometimes.
    Use to have that option but now is gone.
    05-15-17 11:08 PM
    First my usual warning. Turning the volume up to overcome certain other loud background noise (lawn mower, jet engine) or anything else very loud can permanently damage hearing and the listener won't know it. It does not take much to do the damage.

With that:

Headphone volume

Okay, I have no idea what has caused this but found a solution. Over the last couple of days, a couple apps had given me the screen overlay message. So that prompted me to look in this area. What worked for me:

1) Go to settings, Apps
    2) Click the settings wheel in the top right corner
    3) At the next screen, click Draw Over Other Apps
    4) Click the three dots in the top right corner and click Show System
    5) Then scroll down the app list and find SystemUi and toggle to Yes

This fixed it for me as when my headphones are plugged in and I increase the volume, the warning prompt comes up and I can turn it up louder.
    Thank you so much. This works.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-15-17 11:09 PM
    Can't find the settings any where.
    Maybe your Earphones are messed up, only thing else I would know to check.
    05-15-17 11:10 PM
    Maybe your Earphones are messed up, only thing else I would know to check.
    FF22 solutions works.
    FF22 and hoytbowhunter like this.
    05-15-17 11:14 PM
    FF22 solutions works.
    Always listen to the old man
    dannche likes this.
    05-15-17 11:20 PM
    Always listen to the old man
    He can't listen - his hearing is now impaired! (g)
    Uzi likes this.
    05-16-17 12:18 AM