Guys when you extend the keyboard and swipe to get the virtual screen with numbers,etc. Where is the ZERO????. I have searched , maybe I am going blind or is this really missing
    11-15-15 01:24 PM
    Yeah, it's not there. It's a hilarious oversight.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 01:35 PM
    Right at the bottom of the numeric section
    11-15-15 01:40 PM
    You can use the keyboard 0 until BlackBerry updates this. Doesn't seem to bother most people.
    11-15-15 01:48 PM
    My bad, I was looking at the PKB
    11-15-15 01:52 PM
    0000000 -typed that with virtual keyboard
    0000000 - typed that with physical keyboard.

No clue what u r talking abou

11-15-15 01:57 PM
    0000000 -typed that with virtual keyboard
    0000000 - typed that with physical keyboard.

No clue what u r talking abou

He's talking about the numberpad that can be brought up with a downward swipe when the physical keyboard is open. It has no zero.

He's not talking about the virtual keyboard zero (ie when the physical keyboard is closed) that you likely used to answer the post. It has a zero. The other doesn't.

BogzAldon likes this.
    11-15-15 02:28 PM
    I noticed the missing 0 on day two while switching between the virtual to physical. Definitely a WTF moment haha. I am sure the fix is coming down the line.
    11-16-15 03:45 AM
    The unit is defective. You should return it and help increasing return rates of the Priv to minimize profit. ^^

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 05:16 AM
    If you go settings> language and input> blackberry keyboard settings> advanced then untick the dictation key option the keyboard button to the left of the space bar becomes a 0 button.

Its annoying not having it on the PKB VKB but this is how I get around it.
    Last edited by MP556; 11-16-15 at 08:45 AM.
    geekaren likes this.
    11-16-15 05:32 AM
    If you go settings> language and input> blackberry keyboard settings> advanced then untick the dictation key option the keyboard button to the left becomes a 0 button.

Its annoying not having it on the PKB VKB but this is how I get around it.
    You can i to I automatically here as well

Posted from my Priv!
    MP556 likes this.
    11-16-15 06:38 AM
    Hi Folks,

I am Jay and I work for BlackBerry.

When you have the slider open and you go into the symbol page via swipe, you actually enter "mapped mode" - where, the hardware keys are mapped to the symbols on the screen (you can see the corresponding physical keyboard letter on the top of the virtual key). The intent is that you don't need to take your hands of of the physical keyboard to enter special characters. And because you have the slider open we assume that you prefer to work this way (it's a similar reason for why we pop the symbol page 2 in this scenario - as symbol page 1 is accessible with the Alt key). And, when you do the swipe with the slider open, the zero key is right there for you on your physical keyboard. We even make it the default press (you don't have to hit the Alt key before it) in some fields that we identify as likely to want numbers, like the phone (versus dictation, which is the base function for that physical key in other cases).

Also, because you are on mapped mode, if we wanted to expose the "0" specifically, we'd need to add another row to the on-screen keyboard. So, all the keys would be smaller as a result, with only one "0" key on the bottom row. We didn't want to make your key press targets smaller just for one key.

That was the rationale. I do realize it isn't optimal in all situations. But, we feel it is better in more situations for users. We will continue to monitor threads like this though, to make sure that we are meeting your needs.

Regards,
    Jay
    Camelhmpz and fanisk like this.
    11-18-15 08:22 PM
    Hi Folks,

I am Jay and I work for BlackBerry.

When you have the slider open and you go into the symbol page via swipe, you actually enter "mapped mode" - where, the hardware keys are mapped to the symbols on the screen (you can see the corresponding physical keyboard letter on the top of the virtual key). The intent is that you don't need to take your hands of of the physical keyboard to enter special characters. And because you have the slider open we assume that you prefer to work this way (it's a similar reason for why we pop the symbol page 2 in this scenario - as symbol page 1 is accessible with the Alt key). And, when you do the swipe with the slider open, the zero key is right there for you on your physical keyboard. We even make it the default press (you don't have to hit the Alt key before it) in some fields that we identify as likely to want numbers, like the phone (versus dictation, which is the base function for that physical key in other cases).

Also, because you are on mapped mode, if we wanted to expose the "0" specifically, we'd need to add another row to the on-screen keyboard. So, all the keys would be smaller as a result, with only one "0" key on the bottom row. We didn't want to make your key press targets smaller just for one key.

That was the rationale. I do realize it isn't optimal in all situations. But, we feel it is better in more situations for users. We will continue to monitor threads like this though, to make sure that we are meeting your needs.

Regards,
    Jay
    Nice, good explanation that will help a lot of people relax here.

other that this issue, is BlackBerry monitoring the hardware issues people here are complaining about? i.e. the back cover bending, the cracking noise on the screen etc?
    Jason Larock likes this.
    11-18-15 08:38 PM
    Is not a bug nor anything, what you get in the screen vkb is what you get if you were to push the alt key, 0 is available as a physical dedicated key, which, even if you press the alt key you still can use for the number 0.

11-18-15 08:57 PM
    Hi laid-back

Thanks for your comments. People at BlackBerry do pay attention to forums like this. Those aren't my areas so I can't speak to them intelligently, but I know other folks who do read and action on items (even if they don't comment publicly). I am trying to be more vocal to explain any areas that I may know something about though.

Regards,
    Jay

Disclaimer - I work for BlackBerry. Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinions of BlackBerry. My wife often reminds me that my opinions aren't always necessary or even good, but I am trying...
    kbz1960 and fanisk like this.
    11-19-15 10:25 AM
    Hi laid-back

Thanks for your comments. People at BlackBerry do pay attention to forums like this. Those aren't my areas so I can't speak to them intelligently, but I know other folks who do read and action on items (even if they don't comment publicly). I am trying to be more vocal to explain any areas that I may know something about though.

Regards,
    Jay

Disclaimer - I work for BlackBerry. Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinions of BlackBerry. My wife often reminds me that my opinions aren't always necessary or even good, but I am trying...
    Hi Jay,
    thanks for the response. Glad to see that other BlackBerry employees are monitoring the feedback and working on addressing the issues. I hope the hardware issues get addressed quickly as it's probably the only thing worrying me before i go for the Priv.
    Best of luck to you and the crew.

Nice disclaimer : )
    11-19-15 11:29 AM
    C

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 with ZERO issues
    11-19-15 11:32 AM
    The Swipe down to open the number is very useful... but clearly is missing the #0.
    I understand the argument for "mapped mode” but the Priv looks not-intuitive and odd if you need to explain where the “0” is.
    Please find a place for the “0”, or at least give the user an option to add another row to the on-screen keyboard or to change the mapping , for example I will replace the "?" with “0” .
    02-02-16 09:48 AM
    It is a design over look …. Bug.
    Example:
    Swipe down for number v-keyboard. Now you can easily enter the number ON the screen (e.g 1230321). But as soon as you typing the “#0” on the P-keyboard the Numeric keyboard disappear from the screen. A major over look.
    02-02-16 10:09 AM