I'm limited to this when recording in my settings of my camera. It says I need a class 10 memory card which it is. I've already tried reformatting it. Does nothing. Also I have updated the Microsoft exfat app.

Any help?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-14-16 10:20 PM
    It says I need a class 10 memory card which it is.
    You sure it is? Not some knock off cheapie?
    09-14-16 10:34 PM
    Not all class 10 memories are the same. In my case I use Sandisk Ultra Plus and my Priv will let me record in 1080p at 60fps, or even 4K at 30fps. Oh and yeah make sure your memory is not fake

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    09-14-16 10:34 PM
    Is your card formatted as Internal storage? If it is, that slows it down significantly as far as I noticed.

My card writes around 16-20 MB/s when formatted as external, but when I format it as internal it drops to around 3.5 MB/s and I'm not able to record over 720p.
    09-15-16 02:14 AM
    It's possible the SD card is misreporting it's capabilities, or the manufacturer is mislabeling.

Can you try downloading a file manager like ES File Explorer from Google Play, and then navigating to:
    local->device
    /sys/block/mmcblk1/device
    and then open the speed_class file (open it as a text file, and select ES Note Editor or similar)

Based on the result you find here, the SD Card is:
    0x0: class 0
    0x1: class 2
    0x2: class 4
    0x3: class 6
    0x4: class 10

NOTE: I am not sure if this works on production devices or only on the debug build that I am running.. you may or may not be able to access this file.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-16-16 11:18 AM
    It's possible the SD card is misreporting it's capabilities, or the manufacturer is mislabeling.

Can you try downloading a file manager like ES File Explorer from Google Play, and then navigating to:
    local->device
    and then open the speed_class file (open it as a text file, and select ES Note Editor or similar)

NOTE: I am not sure if this works on production devices or only on the debug build that I am running.. you may or may not be able to access this file.
    Works on me
    Attached Thumbnails video recording limited to 720p-1474043214129.jpg  
    smcv likes this.
    09-16-16 11:27 AM
    It works. Mine says 0x4.
    smcv likes this.
    09-16-16 11:29 AM

local->device

Got the 0x4 results on my card.

Used Solid Explorer to navigate there. Asus File Manager would not navigate there or I could not figure out how.
    09-16-16 12:16 PM
    Works

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    Attached Thumbnails video recording limited to 720p-39380.jpg  
    09-16-16 05:42 PM
    Having the same issue here. Monster 64GB SDXC, Class 10, UHS-1, 60Mb/s write advertised. I am only able to record 720p video. I have reformatted and removed and re-installed MS EXFAT. Card reads as 0x4 when tested, I am not using it as internal storage...what gives??
    Last edited by Paullybob; 11-24-16 at 09:42 AM.
    11-24-16 08:28 AM
    You need a UHS-1 U3 card for 4k video. Class 10 is insufficient.
    Paullybob likes this.
    11-24-16 08:32 AM
    A glitch perhaps, try this turn off save to SD card then set to 4K video then turn on save to SD card again
    Mirko935, Paullybob and johnkb24 like this.
    11-24-16 08:33 AM
    You need a UHS-1 U3 card for 4k video. Class 10 is insufficient.
    Incorrect, applied Usman's advice and I can record 5 minutes of 4K 24fps. I guess if you really need the room, that's when those larger, much more expensive SDXC cards come in handy.

Thank you though Conite for your reply, as always I read everyone's posts and try different things....

A glitch perhaps, try this turn off save to SD card then set to 4K video then turn on save to SD card again
    Correct Sir!! I would have to do this on every occasion, it doesn't seem to hold that setting after I close the video app. No matter, I highly doubt I'll use the 4K that often anyway. Thanks Usman!!
    Uzi and FF22 like this.
    11-24-16 09:43 AM
    Incorrect, applied Usman's advice and I can record 5 minutes of 4K 24fps. I guess if you really need the room, that's when those larger, much more expensive SDXC cards come in handy.

Thank you though Conite for your reply, as always I read everyone's posts and try different things....

Correct Sir!! I would have to do this on every occasion, it doesn't seem to hold that setting after I close the video app. No matter, I highly doubt I'll use the 4K that often anyway. Thanks Usman!!
    You may have a faster card than it is spec'd to be.

For 4k video, you need 30MB/s write speed to guarantee compatibility. U3 class means exactly that. A standard class 10 has only 10MB/s sustained write speed.
    11-24-16 11:08 AM
    You may have a faster card than it is spec'd to be.

For 4k video, you need 30MB/s write speed to guarantee compatibility. U3 class means exactly that. A standard class 10 has only 10MB/s sustained write speed.
    What for? 4k 30fps video from Priv only has 30 Mbps overall bitrate. My U1 card which writes at 16 MB/s records 4k with no issues.

Btw, I just realised that Priv records stereo sound on videos in lanscape mode. Now, that's cool!
    11-24-16 12:43 PM
    What for? 4k 30fps video from Priv only has 30 Mbps overall bitrate. My U1 card which writes at 16 MB/s records 4k with no issues.

Btw, I just realised that Priv records stereo sound on videos in lanscape mode. Now, that's cool!
    I'm not making this stuff up. 30MB/s is the official 4k spec. You can look it up.

But you're right that most shooting conditions and video modes will not require the full spec.
    11-24-16 01:20 PM
    I'm not making this stuff up. 30MB/s is the official 4k spec. You can look it up.

But you're right that most shooting conditions and video modes will not require the full spec.
    Sorry if it sounded like I'm dissing you, it wasn't my intention. I know that the it's officially a requirement or whatever, I'm just saying that in reality it isn't really like that. It's probably, at least partially, there to make people buy more expensive SD cards etc. which they don't really need.

I don't know about other phones, cameras etc., they might record in higher bitrates, but it seems (from the videos I recorded) that Priv actually has a constant bitrate of 30 Mbps for 4k 30p video (I should test it in different conditions, though). I highly doubt that any phone goes over 80 Mbps which would really require a U3 card.
    iPhone 7 records at 47 Mbps, Galaxy S7 48 Mbps, according to GSMArena. Interesting...
    11-24-16 01:37 PM
    What the card claims and what it actually can do are often two different things.

I have a U3 card and no problems with selecting any available bitrate; it was fine on the Priv and is also on the DTEK60.
    11-24-16 01:49 PM
    but it was setup for 1080p before (could also do 4k if I wanted)

then poof. I checked one day on Priv, stuck on 720p. Cant change back up.

What gives here...
    11-29-16 08:29 PM
    but it was setup for 1080p before (could also do 4k if I wanted)

then poof. I checked one day on Priv, stuck on 720p. Cant change back up.

What gives here...
    Select video mode with camera, then check again.
    KellyWhite802 and oldschool75 like this.
    11-29-16 09:13 PM
    Select video mode with camera, then check again.
    It's some weird bug... I found this happens (eventually figured it out by deduction) with my SanDisk Extreme card. Well above standard Class10. Once selected on video mode - there's no issues choosing higher resolutions.
    11-30-16 12:16 AM
    I have a 64GB SanDisk Extreme U3 mSD card. The settings would max out at 720p video, stating I needed a class 10 card to record higher resolution. Going into video mode on the camera allowed me to set 1080p resolutions. So thanks for helping me solve this problem!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-08-17 10:10 AM