Guys....it's a good phone but nothing compared to the passport.

Sorry but it's just not it. Tired it for 5-6 hrs and kijij'd it

Passport till it dies.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    11-06-15 06:46 PM
    Make the next BlackBerry Passport an Android and that will rock the world!!

Posted via CB10
    ayngling and Mecca EL like this.
    11-06-15 06:51 PM
    Well I want a Priv for a secondary phone lol. I won't give up my passport so non issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:52 PM
    I agree completely. I spent 20 minutes with the Priv today at an AT&T Store and concluded that it had nothing to offer for my purposes over the Passport. In particular, I didn't like the physical keyboard at all. Too small, and you have to use the Alt key to get to numbers and most punctuation keys. I kept trying to hit the period key and always missed.

I have average sized hands for a man, but can't navigate that pkbd. See picture below--I did post it on another thread earlier today.

Veteran BlackBerry user - tried the BlackBerry Priv. Coming from the passport silver edition-img_20151106_101438.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:02 PM
    I have to use the alt key to get numbers on the classic aswell.
    No problem at all

Posted via CB10
    andy_521, Xaiux and raremage like this.
    11-06-15 07:05 PM
    Wow 5-6 and then kijiki it.. yeah that's realistic. You wouldn't just be able to return it?
    11-06-15 07:06 PM
    I have to use the alt key to get numbers on the classic aswell.
    No problem at all

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. All BlackBerries with physical keyboards have always needed to use the alt to get numbers, except for the Passport.
    11-06-15 07:08 PM
    Loving mine so far but every time I pick up the Passport it just feels right.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 07:10 PM

Passport till it dies.

Posted via CB10
    Haha...don't blame u at all. But then Priv is very much a vanilla Android. I reckon u need to install lots of apps to have full experience. Both good and bad thing. Like buying a new Win PC. Suggest you check out Android website to see how Android guys use it.

Posted via CB10
    rleo25 likes this.
    11-06-15 07:31 PM
    Haha...don't blame u at all. But then Priv is very much a vanilla Android. I reckon u need to install lots of apps to have full experience. Both good and bad thing. Like buying a new Win PC. Suggest you check out Android website to see how Android guys use it.

Posted via CB10
    I have to admit. I'm not a fan of the Priv either. It's not the build quality or anything with the hardware. It's Android! BB10 OS is still years ahead of Android OS as far as being intuitive. It's a shame that consumers purchase electronics based on trends and fads instead of true utility and function. Because of this, companies are completely ignoring creating apps for BB10 and focusing on these (in my opinion) substandard operating systems. And here we are...
    saxxman, Asvertus, acovey and 5 others like this.
    11-06-15 08:49 PM
    Got mine. I support BlackBerry in their decision. Doesn't mean I don't like BlackBerry 10 more, it just means I hope that BlackBerry is successful with selling lots of Priv devices. If they have to build an Android device because of apps, then so be it. They are going to continue to support BlackBerry 10 and the more successful the Priv is, the better the chances BlackBerry 10 survives.

I love BlackBerry far more than I dislike Android. I plan to continue supporting BlackBerry for as long as they build these awesome devices. Regardless.

Passport is still my favorite overall BlackBerry design. The Priv hardware comes second. I think Android users will be very satisfied with this upgrade to whatever they're using now.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:01 PM
    Guys calm down.. it is DIFFERENT from BB10. That's for sure.. and you need time to get used to it.
    Damn.. I hate the first days with the Passport when I got it..

Posted via CB10
    step07, Xaiux, jmaxim917 and 2 others like this.
    11-06-15 09:10 PM
    I agree completely. I spent 20 minutes with the Priv today at an AT&T Store and concluded that it had nothing to offer for my purposes over the Passport. In particular, I didn't like the physical keyboard at all. Too small, and you have to use the Alt key to get to numbers and most punctuation keys. I kept trying to hit the period key and always missed.

I have average sized hands for a man, but can't navigate that pkbd. See picture below--I did post it on another thread earlier today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151106_101438.jpg 
Views:	5377 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	379338

Posted via CB10
    Those are huge hands. How would you manage on a Classic or a Q10 ? The PRIV is fairly wide as far as smartphones go.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-06-15 09:19 PM
    It is a small keyboard, but so was the the Torch and I loved it.
    Frankly got a little spoiled with my Passport and even in the few minutes I have doing these posts I am getting I'm the groove.
    I actually like the keys better than the Passport as they are not as stiff

Mecca EL and Xaiux like this.
    11-06-15 09:23 PM
    I posted this already, but cannot stress enough the updates needed to get Priv to work properly. The BlackBerry software it ships with is a buggy mess, and won't auto update through play store.

Make sure you manually update all BlackBerry apps, the ones it ships with are all buggy.

After updating BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry Services, BlackBerry keyboard, BlackBerry Calendar, BlackBerry launcher, and Password Keeper (whew!) it feels a lot better.

None of them showed updates available from the main My Apps page, but searching for them showed an update available. Once you do that, they show up in your apps.

Priv is a million times better after updating the above apps and restarting. I still do not type as fast as I do on my Passport, but that is to be expected when you go from a year of use on a keyboard to one hour. It took me a month before I was "fast" on my Passport.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    andy_521 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-06-15 09:25 PM
    Make the next BlackBerry Passport an Android and that will rock the world!!

Posted via CB10
    Why ruin the passport and put android on it?
    We need privacy and security not Google spying and data mining everything on your phone.
    Isn't it bad enough that Chen and Google have ruined the privacy on the priv?
    jope28, Q10Bold, rleo25 and 2 others like this.
    11-06-15 09:27 PM
    I had a 9800 and 9810, loved them both. The Priv is about a billion times better.
    Mecca EL and jmaxim917 like this.
    11-07-15 03:34 AM
    I feel pretty confident in saying that anyone who is a diehard BB10 user who has never used Android will most likely hate this phone.
    11-07-15 03:50 AM
    I was going to get the priv, had it in the shopping cart and everything, but I changed my mind. I want a keyboard again tho so I bought the at&t passport. Right now I have a z30.

As far as the keyboard, give it time. I had a palm pre, hp veer and hp pre 3, and I loved the veer keyboard even tho it was the smallest. After 3 days to a week you will be fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 05:12 AM
    I feel pretty confident in saying that anyone who is a diehard BB10 user who has never used Android will most likely hate this phone.
    No, not true. Even though I've only used a BlackBerry since Passport last year (early adopter) and have used an iphone, android and windows phones, BlackBerry 10 os is just freaking amazing. It has a good flow and yeah the os doesn't have apps but that's my only gripe.

When I spent about 30 mins with it at the at&t store yesterday, I was not impressed. the build quality is not what everyone says it is, the passport is built much much better. OMG the UI on the Priv just made me so frustrated (I know how to use an android) that I put it down for few minutes and played with the Classic right next to it.

I believe in supporting BlackBerry and I might buy the Priv in a year or so after they have worked out the bugs and is cheaper because I don't believe it's worth what they are asking because I bought the passport at 500 and it's ten times better than Priv at the moment.

So like others have said, Passport til it dies.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 05:42 AM
    Haha...you bet. OS loyalty aside, there is always a learning curve adapting to new OS especially doe something like Android which is like a new Win PC. Adapting half-heartedly is all the more painful.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 02:36 AM

Passport till it dies.

Posted via CB10
    I spent about 20 minutes with it at the at&t store, and I agree. I have the Passport Silver Edition, Classic and Z30, and the Priv is a beautiful device, but seeing as I mainly use my Passport, it's not like I have some old phone that needs replacing. It was bittersweet, really. The hardware felt great, looked great. The screen was beautiful, the keyboard reminded me of the Torch 9810 I had.

But just seeing Android on such a beautiful device was pretty unsettling. It's like my favorite person being brainwashed and they're not the same anymore. Gone is the personality and all the stuff I loved about it.

The last time I played with a new BlackBerry in that at&t was the day the Z10 came out. I was so excited for it to be on my carrier, T-Mobile a few weeks (days?) later. I left that at&t store kind of sad, because this was the first BlackBerry that I have not been wholeheartedly excited for, counting down the days until its release. I know and hope that it is the dream device for many people, ideally millions, but as I'm a BlackBerry 10 lover, I am not one of those millions, so the Priv isn't for me.
    lift and Q10Bold like this.
    11-08-15 02:59 AM
    Yep, you're right. It's like eat potatos when you're used to eat caviar.

Posted via CB10
    step07 likes this.
    11-08-15 04:34 AM
    How do you update the BlackBerry hub and calendar? I can't locate an update option.

Thanks.

11-08-15 07:47 AM
    Guys calm down.. it is DIFFERENT from BB10. That's for sure.. and you need time to get used to it.
    Damn.. I hate the first days with the Passport when I got it..

Posted via CB10
    I hated mine for the first few days too! It's a phone that gets Sooo much better with age.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 07:54 AM
73 123