I was pleasantly surprised by the phone when I got a chance to use it in store today. Given the way people are coming here and throwing temper tantrums as if John Chen just spit in their face I was expecting to be disappointed.

The phone was much lighter than I expected, and the keyboard felt fine. I can't figure out why people think it feels so small, I didn't notice vs my Q10. Obviously it isn't as big as the Passport keyboard, but it's smaller than my laptop too. Different devices are going to feel different guys.

I also did not experience any of the lagging that some people are talking about, nor did I experience the device heating up in the 10 minutes I used it.

The feel of the phone opening and closing is very precise and solid feeling.

I'm not sure how I feel about carrying such a large phone, and Android will be an adjustment. I prefer BB10 at the moment but that's a losing battle. Both of these are things I'll adapt to, just like I've had to in the past going from iPhone ->9900, 9900 -> Z10, OS7 -> BB10 etc.

My only concern was the scrolling using the keyboard was effectively unusable on the browser, it was just so sensitive and would jump to the bottom of the screen. I tried changing the "pointer speed" in settings but that must be for something else as it had no effect. I assume this is something that can be corrected in the software so it should get sorted quickly.
    WT44 and Heinz Katchup like this.
    11-07-15 05:28 PM
    Could it have required a reboot to have the cursor sensitivity change take hold?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 05:30 PM
    Maybe, and I have no idea if they'd done any updates at all. They were too busy trying to sell Galaxys that Telus put on sale on the launch day to ask any questions and I have to order the phone through my corporate dealer so I was not their priority.
    11-07-15 05:39 PM
    Curious how big it "feels" next'a the Passport...
    11-07-15 05:42 PM
    When in doubt reboot ! I have not experienced any lag or issues. Complete opposite on both fronts

posted from my Priv!
    11-07-15 05:44 PM
    Agreed. I finally managed to get my hands on one today in a Rogers store. I was surprised at how nice it felt in my hands. Was expecting it to feel heavy and huge based on the weight and dimensions, but that was not the case. Very nice size and fantastic screen. The active edge was neat. They did not have the Hub setup with anything so it was hard to evaluate that. The back did have a bit of give as as been reported. I did notice that the virtual keyboard did not present letters with accents when you press and hold like on my Z10. Not sure if that's configurable. Was quite pleased to be honest. Will certainly be making this my next phone.
    11-07-15 05:50 PM
    For we who are multilingual, is there any knowledge as to accented characters? Also, will predictive text work in accented languages (french) & auto detect like the Passport does with aplomb?
    11-07-15 06:01 PM
    I got my hands on one @Telus! Very nice phone! Will be my nect phone purchase 2!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 06:02 PM
    I was pleasantly surprised by the phone when I got a chance to use it in store today. Given the way people are coming here and throwing temper tantrums as if John Chen just spit in their face I was expecting to be disappointed.

The phone was much lighter than I expected, and the keyboard felt fine. I can't figure out why people think it feels so small, I didn't notice vs my Q10. Obviously it isn't as big as the Passport keyboard, but it's smaller than my laptop too. Different devices are going to feel different guys.

I also did not experience any of the lagging that some people are talking about, nor did I experience the device heating up in the 10 minutes I used it.

The feel of the phone opening and closing is very precise and solid feeling.

I'm not sure how I feel about carrying such a large phone, and Android will be an adjustment. I prefer BB10 at the moment but that's a losing battle. Both of these are things I'll adapt to, just like I've had to in the past going from iPhone ->9900, 9900 -> Z10, OS7 -> BB10 etc.

My only concern was the scrolling using the keyboard was effectively unusable on the browser, it was just so sensitive and would jump to the bottom of the screen. I tried changing the "pointer speed" in settings but that must be for something else as it had no effect. I assume this is something that can be corrected in the software so it should get sorted quickly.
    The scrolling on the unit I tested today was completely broken for web pages, it did the exact same as you describe, I was trying to hard reboot, but it didn't work with the volume keys, does anyone know how to do a hard reboot?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 06:05 PM
    The weight of the priv is the same as the iphone 6s plus

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 06:15 PM