Does anyone else have this with there Priv? On white and grey backgrounds I can see vertical lines, if the brightness is up full you can't see them. They are down the entire screen

Matt

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-13-16 01:41 PM
    Sorry I meant horizontal lines

01-13-16 01:54 PM
    That's usually a symptom of a faulty display/digitizer. But just to be sure, is it on ANY white or grey background? Or just one particular white/grey background that may just happen to have vertical lines in the image that might get washed out if you turn the brightness up? Easiest way to check is to take a screenshot, then view the screenshot on another device like your PC. If it's only there on the device, I'd recommend returning it for a replacement.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-13-16 01:56 PM
    When I'm doing repairs this usually means the flex cable to the LCD isn't plugged in fully and needs to be re-seated.

Was it like this since day 1? Or is this after a small drop?

01-13-16 02:06 PM
    Since day 1 I have noticed it. Its definitely across multiple images colours. I read it was common on amoled displays

01-13-16 02:11 PM
    Might be troublesome, but could you take an image of your Priv and its screen with a different device and have the lines show up? Post it here so we can make sure it's what we're talking about. If it is, the flex cable either needs to be unplugged and plugged back in, or the screen is messed up.

01-13-16 02:18 PM
    Vertical lines down screen-2082.jpgAttachment 387657

01-13-16 02:30 PM
    Thanks guys.
    Most noticeably on the Amazon remote app. You can see it faintly on the white screen. Greys it is more visible on

01-13-16 02:31 PM
    Sorry misread your post. But the Amazon remote app is it at its worse

01-13-16 02:32 PM
    Can you see it on the Amazon remote photo. That's it at its worse

01-13-16 02:32 PM
    Can you see it on the Amazon remote photo. That's it at its worse

I can't see any lines on your first screenshot. I can't see your second image at all (shows up as a broken link in Tapatalk). But based upon the first image, I'd assume it's your display/digitizer having problems. As Jonneh mentioned above, it may just be an issue of its connector not being secure. Or it may be defective itself. If you're not comfortable disassembling to check for yourself (and don't for a moment feel any obligation to do it) or don't have access to someone whom you're comfortable could, then I'd recommend going to your carrier or whoever you purchased it from and have them replace it. It's a legitimate defect that they should address.
    01-13-16 03:16 PM
    the screenshot wouldn't show lines from a faulty screen/digitizer etc, you have to take a photo with a camera/another phone
    01-13-16 03:26 PM
    Yes you are right. I've viewed the photos of another computer and they look perfect. So it is a screen issue. Best take it back

01-13-16 03:28 PM
    Hi! I see some dirt vertical lines on my Priv screen, but as you told I see them only on ANY white or grey background and they washed out if I turn the brightness to top. Is it normal on all Priv or I need to go to service?
    04-10-17 10:30 AM
    Hi! I see some dirt vertical lines on my Priv screen, but as you told I see them only on ANY white or grey background and they washed out if I turn the brightness to top. Is it normal on all Priv or I need to go to service?
    That is generally NOT normal.

Did you run the screen tests in Blackberry Virtual Expert?
    04-10-17 01:33 PM
    Yes I test it. And try to make a photo. It's like linen fabric. Only on white and gray color. On photo pixel test from BBVE.Vertical lines down screen-2017-04-10-10.01.00.jpg
    04-10-17 02:04 PM
    Yes I test it. And try to make a photo. It's like linen fabric. Only on white and gray color. On photo pixel test from BBVE.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-04-10 10.01.00.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	421061
    That is so symmetrical that it does not appear to be a defect but an artifact that something is creating.

Have you turned on Developer Options in Settings? Scrolling down, there is an option to Show Touches and Pointer Location. Have you changed those? Any new 3rd party apps that you have installed?

You can try a reboot or Safe Mode to rule out other things.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    04-10-17 04:57 PM
    Yes I test it. And try to make a photo. It's like linen fabric. Only on white and gray color. On photo pixel test from BBVE.
    That's kind of normal for AMOLED screens. You can find forum topics about any AMOLED phone and that problem.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/help/grey-lines-display-t3360635

It's usually most noticeable with a grey image at low screen brightness. Try this app. Or, even better, don't.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....displaytester
    04-11-17 09:13 AM
    FF22, i try everything and Factory data reset, and lines are still on screen.
    04-12-17 09:53 AM
    Yes I test it. And try to make a photo. It's like linen fabric. Only on white and gray color. On photo pixel test from BBVE.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-04-10 10.01.00.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	421061
    Interesting...this started happening to me yesterday and the line is in exactly the same spot.
    06-01-17 08:16 AM
    I also have a vertical line (actually 2) running down my screen. I can get rid of it by masaging the the top of the frame where the BlackBerry insignia is just at the top of where the line is. Im sure it is a physical issue rather than software. I have a service contract on my Priv but haven't bothered to send it in. Probably should I guess but my Priv is working well and I'm not so sure I want get a new one with new issues

Brian
    FF22 likes this.
    06-02-17 09:26 AM