Hey Scott can you give us some screen shots that would confirm this is a PRIV from Verizon? None of us have received this update and I'm skeptical. Please prove me wrong.

Here's the latest. After a 50 minute installation I can say that now I have Android v6.0. I'm still cleaning up a few things but so far so good. I'll send more updates during the day.

Here's the specs:
    Attachment 411327
    Last edited by Gray; 11-04-16 at 01:22 PM.
    11-04-16 01:07 PM
    Please post a screenshot of the software version after your update.
    He did that already.
    john_v and mamock116 like this.
    11-04-16 01:11 PM
    Ahh the waiting game again. I find myself checking every 30 min to see if i can update.
    john_v likes this.
    11-04-16 01:15 PM
    LOL.

I live in the Cleveland area and am a devout Indians fan. This must be our consolation prize.
    It's a practical joke from we Cubs fans
    11-04-16 01:21 PM
    Just checked on Verizon site because my device doesn't see update yet. An update does show for my phone but sadly it looks like just a security update... same software version I'm on.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...ed92d1db27.jpg
    That's a few months old. Not the new update.
    How do you check for updates can't find my page for it could have it
    Settings > About > System update.
    It's more likely the OPs IMEI number got whitelisted somehow....

But at least something is happening.

Probable now that things are slowing down... (after the NOTE 7, iPHONE 7 and PIXEL), tech support has an open window to handle the normal calls that result from any update. So probable coming soon....
    11-04-16 01:22 PM
    We already had our SOAK test in Seattle - rainiest Oct (inches) on record and most rainy days in Oct.
    Yeah, we already knew that you were all wet!
    FF22 likes this.
    11-04-16 01:26 PM
    Please post a screenshot of the software version after your update.
    He already did . . .
    11-04-16 01:36 PM
    Not sure why all the skepticism since the screenshot he posted has a Verizon priv model number and shows software version 6.0.1, no?

(I mean, I understand why the skepticism initially, but I mean in light of his screenshot)
    11-04-16 01:38 PM
    I understand everyone's skepticism. It's strange that I got the update and no one else is (although the number of folks here is a tiny sample of the Priv user base). I can tell you I've been on the other side of the coin watching others get it before me. I can only guess that maybe Bla1ze was onto something about a soak test but I did not sign up for one. So I'm left here scratching my head and wondering how I had the good fortune to get the update, apparently before many others. I will also be interested to see when the broader waves of upgrades happen and Verizon will actually admit to publishing it. Give it a few days before stoning me for heresy.
    I think Tar and Feathers or Pitchforks and Fire might be a nice way to get you!

Or burning at the Stake. In a few hundred years we can admit our mistake - "Oh, Sorry, Joan, ahem, Scott!"
    scotts9219 likes this.
    11-04-16 01:54 PM
    Not sure why all the skepticism since the screenshot he posted has a Verizon priv model number and shows software version 6.0.1, no?

(I mean, I understand why the skepticism initially, but I mean in light of his screenshot)
    In this age of photoshop and massive vote fraud who can you trust? Now where did I put my homemade tin foil hat made of tin I mined myself since the Chinese variety might be bugged!
    revtech likes this.
    11-04-16 01:57 PM
    I think Tar and Feathers or Pitchforks and Fire might be a nice way to get you!
    Naw, we wouldn't let him off that easy. He'd be forced to use an old Curve 8300
    scotts9219 likes this.
    11-04-16 01:58 PM
    Since they're so skeptical, just post a quick video looking around the Priv to the Verizon tattoo then swiping through the phone to the settings menu, software version, and maybe even playing the hidden Android Marshmallow game.
    SteelGreek and Gray like this.
    11-04-16 02:00 PM
    Since they're so skeptical, just post a quick video looking around the Priv to the Verizon tattoo then swiping through the phone to the settings menu, software version, and maybe even playing the hidden Android Marshmallow game.
    What is the hidden MM game?
    11-04-16 02:06 PM
    Marshmallow 'Flappy'
    Android 6.0 Marshmallow brings revamped 'Flappy' Easter Egg game | Android Central
    FF22 likes this.
    11-04-16 02:14 PM
    Same floppy droid as Lolipop but with marshmallows.

There is not that many users on here. If they released it to let's say 10% of users to test first it would only likely be 1 or two people on here.

Good news it's coming.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-04-16 02:15 PM
    I've chatted with two VZW reps today and they know nothing about the update. Nothing has changed on the VZW site that would indicate an upgrade.

Forgive me everyone but I'll believe it when I see it. Evidence would suggest that the upgrade isn't out. At least one of us should have seen the upgrade by now.

It's my sincere hope that I'm wrong.
    11-04-16 02:23 PM
    Maybe I am just more cynical and skeptical than most but you folks should not let others play you like that.
    Expectation usually leads to disappointment and not realization.
    I get that but can't we have hope Im concerned too that it won't happen but at this point there could be a chance
    11-04-16 02:26 PM
    I'm hoping for the best but still a bit cautious. It would be great to get this upgrade behind us.

I get that but can't we have hope Im concerned too that it won't happen but at this point there could be a chance
    I just sent a direct tweet to @VZWizards and VZWSupport asking if Marshmallow is being released for the PRIV today.
    11-04-16 02:37 PM
    Quick question. When the PRIV checks for updates does it use the cellular network or wireless or both? If it uses wireless do you think it could be blocked by a firewall?

Just curious.
    11-04-16 02:50 PM
    Quick question. When the PRIV checks for updates does it use the cellular network or wireless or both? If it uses wireless do you think it could be block by a firewall?

Just curious.
    They may be rolling it out very slowly in case of any issues.
    11-04-16 02:54 PM
    If you are hammering the update check button be aware that doing so will lock you out for a period of time -- and if you hammer it hard enough that time backs off quite materially (days!)

So yes, do check, but if it doesn't show up DO NOT CHECK AGAIN for at least ~6 hours or so, or you risk running into the rate limiter.
    11-04-16 03:18 PM
    Been getting that error for months. Checked my mom's priv this morning and she does not get the error
    SteelGreek likes this.
    11-04-16 03:27 PM
    If you are hammering the update check button be aware that doing so will lock you out for a period of time -- and if you hammer it hard enough that time backs off quite materially (days!)

So yes, do check, but if it doesn't show up DO NOT CHECK AGAIN for at least ~6 hours or so, or you risk running into the rate limiter.
    Is there any indication that you're locked out?
    11-04-16 03:34 PM
929 ... 23456 ...