HD calling only happens in Advanced Calling if you are connected to another VzW customer that has Advanced Calling (funny other carriers have video chat but you can't connect to them and use the feature) and has it enabled, otherwise you get regular calls. HD calling is okay my wife and I used it once to do the video chat when we first got it on our Sony phones (the Priv 2mp front camera might be grainy), uses data though, of course we are not to concerned about the data usage.
    09-01-16 01:27 PM
    I've had hd calling activated from day one and can confirm that you can talk and browse at the same time. I did it one day while talking to tech support, while driving. I just clicked open the browser and hit search to see if it would work at their request. Wasn't actually looking things up . I've done it on other occasions without a hiccup. Just used that as an example because there was 0 wifi around. As to the comment of AT&T in rural areas, it may work in some but the map shows a big signal wasteland over my house and the surrounding area. Relatives of mine with att are pretty much without a phone when they are here. Believe me, I wish GSM coverage was good here. If tmo would get in gear I'd probably be using them just for the deals

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    Those maps are BULL****, IMHO. But I do allow that my rural areas might be different from other rural areas.

Not being able to use your phone at home is unacceptable though, for sure. I got a microcell so I would have awesome home coverage, and it works, but it has a latency that makes me interrupt even moreso than usual (no small feat). The kicker is that I need the microcell for every phone other than my BlackBerry Priv. It works with great voice even when it shows no bars (not not when it shows no service).

Anyway, this is a VZW thread and all I meant to say was that I tried vzw side by side with AT&T for a few days on the same phones and saw no difference in my rural areas. And I think vzw is still in that "look at what WE have--it is MAGIC. See our MAP?! Now dont bother us about updates and other mundane matters" mode that is so outdated I have no words, instead of what a cell service provider should be: "We have the SOS as everyone else. How can we serve you so you'll stay?"

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    Last edited by CharlieV; 09-01-16 at 07:23 PM.
    09-01-16 01:44 PM
    Those maps are BULL****, IMHO. But I do allow that my rural areas might be different from other rural areas.

Not being able to use your phone at home is unacceptable though, for sure. I got a microcell so I would have awesome home coverage, and it works, but it has a latency that makes me interrupt even moreso than usual (no small feat). The kicker is that I need the microcell for every phone other than my BlackBerry Priv. It works with great voice even when it shows no bars (not not when it shows no service).

Anyway, this is a VZW thread and all I meant to say was that I tried vzw side by side with AT&T for a few days on the same phones and saw no difference in my rural areas.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    Yeah they are bull in many cases because some claim to have services where they don't lol. There's a cricket store in the neighborhood, I might grab a sim and see what kind of coverage I can get. I assume with the priv being a world phone it would work to some extent with a GSM sim in it. I've never tried

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    09-01-16 02:26 PM
    Mommy made me mash my m&ms.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-01-16 08:36 PM
    Day after tomorrow.
    09-02-16 02:08 AM
    FWIW, my corporate rep looked into this and said there is no timeline for MM.

Does the private really not support VVM?

Z10 | STL100-4 | Verizon Wireless | 10.2.1.2228
    09-02-16 05:16 AM
    FWIW, my corporate rep looked into this and said there is no timeline for MM.

Does the private really not support VVM?

Z10 | STL100-4 | Verizon Wireless | 10.2.1.2228
    Nope, no vvm

Posted via CB App for Android on My Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    09-02-16 05:47 AM
    I added to my FCC complaint yesterday. 1130455 I listed the 170 CVE items that were fixed by Blackberry but not pushed to the Priv by Verizon. I'll add any new CVE's whenever a new patch is released by Blackberry. However, I've stopped getting any emails from either the FCC or Verizon so it looks like this path may be a dead-end.
    FF22, 69goat and 00stryder like this.
    09-02-16 08:33 AM
    If VzW is waiting for BB to end the MM Beta program we may never get MM.
    09-02-16 10:20 AM
    I wish there was a filter on CB for us VZW PRIV folks that hides all the news that doesn't relate to us since we don't have (and may never get) MM. All these updates don't apply to us, new features/fixes...it just keeps pouring salt on the wound. 'Course then I guess there would be no news... Sorry for venting, just frustrated like everyone else here...anyway, Happy Friday folks!!

Posted via CrackBerry on my BlackBerry PRIV
    FF22, Camelhmpz and newcollector like this.
    09-02-16 11:12 AM
    I wish there was a filter on CB for us VZW PRIV folks that hides all the news that doesn't relate to us since we don't have (and may never get) MM. All these updates don't apply to us, new features/fixes...it just keeps pouring salt on the wound. 'Course then I guess there would be no news... Sorry for venting, just frustrated like everyone else here...anyway, Happy Friday folks!!

Posted via CrackBerry on my BlackBerry PRIV
    Agree. Happy for you MM people but it's like watching your step sisters opening gifts on Chistmas.

FF22, andy957, MooseNYC and 1 others like this.
    09-02-16 06:13 PM
    So has Verizon released MM for other devices or no MM for all?

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    09-02-16 07:24 PM
    No MM for Verizon phones

09-02-16 07:31 PM
    Verizon has released MM for some devices. They released if for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 months ago and that is not exactly their newest phone. Plus when they upgraded the S5 to MM it added video calling and WiFi calling.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Verizon Blackberry Priv
    09-02-16 08:11 PM
    What I am seeing is that both sides are blaming each other for the lack of mm update for the Verizon Priv. Another problem is their has been no security updates since June for the Priv on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-03-16 12:21 AM
    I don't know what you mean by doesn't switch as well to cdma. I do it on a regular basis when talking to my wife on the phone and looking things up for her. The amazing thing that I discovered is I can send and receive text messages while I'm talking on the phone. Couldn't do that with my Z10.
    It means VZW on multiple occasions told me the switch between 4g and 3G while on a call doesnt happen well. They said to turn off hd in bad areas. I haven't proven it works better when off. I need voice and data, so leave it on.
    09-03-16 01:44 AM
    It means VZW on multiple occasions told me the switch between 4g and 3G while on a call doesnt happen well. They said to turn off hd in bad areas. I haven't proven it works better when off. I need voice and data, so leave it on.
    Sounds to me like , if they aren't going to take the time or spend the little bit of money it would take to update the phone software, they could and should upgrade their system in 'bad' areas. They obviously know where they are, but, again, they refuse to do anything about it.
    09-03-16 08:53 AM
    Sounds to me like , if they aren't going to take the time or spend the little bit of money it would take to update the phone software, they could and should upgrade their system in 'bad' areas. They obviously know where they are, but, again, they refuse to do anything about it.
    What? Spend money on customer satisfaction? I'm sure that it is against Corp policies and bylaws.
    6120111 and 00stryder like this.
    09-03-16 10:19 AM
    So has Verizon released MM for other devices or no MM for all?

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    Ms.BBQs mother got MM on her GS6 about about two months ago.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    09-03-16 11:23 AM
    I asked the Beta users if they saw any changelog and if so what it was for the last Beta 9 MM. This is what the answer was -- September 6 patch level is the only visible change.

Which is interesting, since the freely available (OTA in Korea) AAG277 loader is also at the September 6 patch level, while it's still August.
    Getting ridiculous here.
    09-03-16 09:11 PM
    I asked the Beta users if they saw any changelog and if so what it was for the last Beta 9 MM. This is what the answer was -- September 6 patch level is the only visible change.

Which is interesting, since the freely available (OTA in Korea) AAG277 loader is also at the September 6 patch level, while it's still August.
    Getting ridiculous here.
    There never are any changelogs.
    09-03-16 11:10 PM
    There never are any changelogs.
    Just gets weirder and weirder, why would you not have a list of changes? What's so darn secret?
    09-04-16 08:02 PM
    Just gets weirder and weirder, why would you not have a list of changes? What's so darn secret?
    The only changelogs I've ever seen from BlackBerry are for select public updates (Lollipop to Marshmallow, 10.3.1 to 10.3.2, etc.); carrier releases get nothing, and neither do the incremental releases month by month for the Android devices.

What would really be nice would be to open up the bug tracker, then we'd know what would happen to the tickets we file.
    09-04-16 08:18 PM
    I had to shut mine off... In my home I get very poor LTE (-118dB). Because of this, Verizon sent me a 3g Femtocell. The problem is that with the switch on, the phones (my Priv and my wife's iPhone) try to keep connected to LTE even though my 3g is way way stronger.

Of course, if Verizon would enable Wifi calling that could be a better solution.
    I was in MN this week and only had access to wifi as my VZW service wouldn't work at my friend's house. I called VZW and had wifi calling activated on my iPhone. I would have been screwed if I would have only had my Priv w/ me.
    09-04-16 08:38 PM
    50 percent of the time it works all the time. #TomorrowPerhaps

newcollector likes this.
    09-04-16 10:22 PM
1,277 ... 1819202122 ...