I had visual VM on my Classic, and loved it. The only reason that it is not available for the PRIV is lack of Verizon customers telling them that it's needed.

It is an Android phone. VW says ALL SMARTPHONES are eligible for Verizon visual VM...then you find out that they haven't addressed it for the PRIV.

Aware that there are visual VM programs available through Google Play. .. Verizon support even told me so.

Time to protest together....squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Pallet Spoon likes this.
    04-26-16 04:24 PM
    I don't know what their issue is with this, we had VVM on BB10 on day one. You'd think with this being one of the most popular operating systems in their lineup we would have no issue. Sigh

Posted via CB App for Android on My Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    04-26-16 06:10 PM
    Well I've never had it and don't miss it. Would just as soon they would give us timely security updates and marshmallow

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    04-26-16 06:15 PM
    Who do you call? Customer Service?
    04-26-16 06:40 PM
    Tech customer service.

04-26-16 06:58 PM
    MARSHMALLOW will supposedly be launched by Verizon by June.

As far as the security updates, we are at least dealing with Feb build phones.
    I've updated BlackBerry Services in the Playstore. Seem to address some of the Security Updates.

04-26-16 07:04 PM
    MARSHMALLOW will supposedly be launched by Verizon by June.

As far as the security updates, we are at least dealing with Feb build phones.
    I've updated BlackBerry Services in the Playstore. Seem to address some of the Security Updates.

My rep told me that they were almost done testing the April update.

By beginning of June or end of June? I'll assume 2016, but this is Verizon
    04-26-16 07:51 PM
    I finally gave up on the Priv after the software update bricked my phone. That coupled with lack of Visual Voicemail, no support from Verizon for automated text messages (as in when my bank or drug store sent me a text, I couldn't reply), heat issues, battery drain (which did seem to improve) made me return the Priv and buy an iPhone 6s+. I have had this iPhone off the charger (straight out of the box in fact) at 87% and been using it since 11:30am today and here it is 10pm at night and I still have 72% battery and I've gone through several motions of downloading apps, email, text messages, and made several phone calls. I loved the Priv for its Gmail and Google Apps integration and the hub, calendar, side peek, etc. But, I have to have a stable phone and don't have time to reset up my phone after a software update that may or may not work.
    04-26-16 10:12 PM
    I finally gave up on the Priv after the software update bricked my phone. That coupled with lack of Visual Voicemail, no support from Verizon for automated text messages (as in when my bank or drug store sent me a text, I couldn't reply), heat issues, battery drain (which did seem to improve) made me return the Priv and buy an iPhone 6s+. I have had this iPhone off the charger (straight out of the box in fact) at 87% and been using it since 11:30am today and here it is 10pm at night and I still have 72% battery and I've gone through several motions of downloading apps, email, text messages, and made several phone calls. I loved the Priv for its Gmail and Google Apps integration and the hub, calendar, side peek, etc. But, I have to have a stable phone and don't have time to reset up my phone after a software update that may or may not work.
    Verizon hasn't had a software update.....

Posted via CB App for Android on My Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    04-27-16 10:38 AM
    It was all the updates to Blackberry system that they released in Google Play Store to ready the phone for MM. Not MM itself. I may eventually return to a Priv and just purchase it outright once VZW decides to add Visual Voicemail, etc.
    04-27-16 10:48 AM
    Come to Classic >

...and then I read you bought iPhone 6s+ (great phone btw, nobody appreciates or understands the NVMe ssd on it - Apple didn't even mention it nor market it as MUCH faster than its predecessors, seriously, it's leaps faster than my iPhone 6+)

Classic love <3

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 10:57 AM
    Come to Classic >

...and then I read you bought iPhone 6s+ (great phone btw, nobody appreciates or understands the NVMe ssd on it - Apple didn't even mention it nor market it as MUCH faster than its predecessors, seriously, it's leaps faster than my iPhone 6+)

Classic love <3

Posted via CB10
    I was a BB user for so long and the Tour was my favorite. That phone rocked! I also liked the Z30. This is my first foray into the 6S+ and it is zippy and battery life is amazing. I run a business so I need a solid phone that I can send contracts on, make phone calls, handle constant emailing, etc. Which is why I was starting to love the physical keyboard on the Priv. I went for the big boy and got a 128gb. Figure that may start to hold my music collection. I was really starting to fall in love with the Priv. But, the lack of updates from Verizon, the lack of Visual Voicemail, short texts (automated systems), bricking my phone after the BB system updates, etc. was just enough to drive me over the edge. If I'm paying over $700 for a phone, I just expect it to work!
    04-27-16 07:53 PM
    I think that small things like vvm and short code texts are actually big things on a flagship communications device. When verizon tech support told me the vvm support would be added shortly I actually believed it. Especially when the tech gave me his cell phone to text for updates. of course he no longer responds to texts on that number.
    Camelhmpz and Susan Scherer like this.
    04-27-16 09:40 PM
    I got tired of waiting on Verizon to fix these issues and I don't have faith that they will release updates in a timely manner. There are approx. 3 stores in my area. One is the 4th busiest Verizon store in the country and they told me they had sold 3 Priv's total.
    04-29-16 01:35 PM
    I got tired of waiting on Verizon to fix these issues and I don't have faith that they will release updates in a timely manner. There are approx. 3 stores in my area. One is the 4th busiest Verizon store in the country and they told me they had sold 3 Priv's total.
    That is sad. But it is not entirely surprising given the "copious" amounts of advertising BB has been releasing!!!
    04-29-16 02:11 PM
    It is sad. Several of the sales people told me that they didn't know that BB was making a new phone until they had to go to training for it. I think that most people believe that BB does not innovate and that they have nothing to offer. Which, isn't true at all. The Priv is a great phone overall. But, I bet Verizon doesn't sell over 25k of them in a year and that's probably an inflated guess on my part.
    04-29-16 11:51 PM