From the pics, it seems the headphone jack is on the bottom corner..

I'd prefer it anywhere else except for the bottom corner.. that's how I hold my devices.. with my pinky finger under the bottom corner .. imo the bottom should be clean, except for old school charging contacts like the 9900 etc.. I think it's a horrible decision to plug anything into the bottom.. at all. I'd prefer all the openings be at the top or side of the device.. preferably the top...

Wondering how y'all feel about the placement of the headphone jack vs how you hold your device?

I've seen Chen and some of those old folks at BlackBerry with devices in hand, and they seem to be.. out of touch.. pun intended. Don't exactly look like the most efficient of mobile device users, by a long shot.. reminiscent of the vcr clock analogy.. or watching a grandparent use email.

2 more things... In the latest video.. is that a "convenience" key? And if they do have 2 devices.. one running Android and one running bb10.. I hope we aren't forced to stick with out decision.. If I buy the bb10 one, I should be able to flash "BlackBerry android" onto it and vice versa.. or even dual boot..

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 08-20-15 at 02:04 AM.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    08-20-15 01:51 AM
    This is one of those times that I wish BlackBerry would not copy what apple did. As far as I know the iPhone was the first to do that, and I thought it was a horrible idea then. If that is the way they are going then they (BlackBerry) is forcing me to get a Bluetooth headset of some sort.
    I have some headphones that I use at work and they have the mic on the cable so I use them with my Z10 (headset jack on top)
    I don't need cables hanging down from the bottom of my device, I see replacement cables in the future or lots of headphones because of this.
    Terrible decision to move it there, one man's opinion

Brought to you by the fab Z10 on CB10
    08-20-15 07:52 AM
    That's the same placement as my G4. Lower left-hand corner. on the bottom. A bit of the Android in the design, huh?You learn to hold the phone differently. Wish it was somewhere else as well.
    08-20-15 07:52 AM
    I agree poor location choice.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 08:08 AM
    I tend to pull my phone in and out of my pocket with the bottom facing up. So when my headphones are in they are sticking out of my pocket instead of down into the bottom. I like the headphone slot at the bottom.
    Michael_Stewart and Adam Frix like this.
    08-20-15 08:20 AM
    Think about if you had an elbow headphone cable (this is how 1/8" headphones used to be) and it was overlapping the screen. Then you push the screen up and it pushes the headphones jack and snaps the jack inside of the port. That would suck.

And the screen itself is probably too thin to house the port.

So it's at the bottom, filling up that chin, balancing the weight better with more hardware. It's the best option, so stop complaining. Plus it'll work better in your cupholder.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 08-20-15 at 12:46 PM.
    Adam Frix and Signhere like this.
    08-20-15 12:36 PM
    Mine goes into my pocket right side up, but I'll manage if I do get a slider.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 12:46 PM
    I'm sure the design is to keep it in line with what is common today. Plus the bottom of the slider has the largest depth (back to front) and is ideal for placement based on how the screen slides up.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    08-20-15 01:44 PM
    Mine goes into my pocket right side up, but I'll manage if I do get a slider.
    Ditto and ditto.
    I don't use headphones all too often, but when I do if it goes in my pocket it'll be upside down. I'll get over it.

I can imagine the difficulty in having it on the top with a slider, as others mentioned. The side would be okay okay me but inconvenient for many, so bottom it is!
    08-20-15 01:49 PM
    I use bluetooth headphones so I could care less woOo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Adam Frix likes this.
    08-20-15 02:19 PM
    Definitely better at the bottom. I dont need it sticking out the top and getting in my way.
    08-20-15 03:06 PM
    I'm sure the design is to keep it in line with what is common today. Plus the bottom of the slider has the largest depth (back to front) and is ideal for placement based on how the screen slides up.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    Somebody just said that like two comments ago.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 04:00 PM
    It's a slider with curved screen... so real estate is limited on the side... in addition that it's not convenient for all those pouches, armbands and accessories like car mounts.

I also prefer at the top cause it's better if you put your phone in a jacket pocket. However I can see why they would go bottom (if it's confirmed) cause more and more people use the phone as a texting device. Much less of a hassle to have it at the bottom

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 04:07 PM
    yeah fail to understand it.If you are holding it(device) in the hand it does make sense( I see a lot of people do it).But, if it is in pocket/holster it is rather odd
    11-16-15 09:08 AM
    As has been pointed out, some of this is "because Apple did it". That was the excuse to move to the vkb across the board on smartphones.

We are beholden to Apple fanbois who would hold a turd in their hands if Apple said so.
    11-16-15 09:12 AM
    How stupid would it have been on the top if it was inside the phone and not the screen part?

I wish the passport had it at the bottom. Would make putting it in my pocket so much easier with headphones.
    11-16-15 09:19 AM