What is the best solution to this shifting the SIM back & forth between them? Would I use the same BlackBerry ID & email & password & all?? What works best for that type of usage?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 01:32 PM
    The only place that the Priv uses a BlackBerry ID is with bbm. If you want to have the same bbm contacts, groups, etc., then use the BlackBerry ID as on your Passport.
    04-04-16 02:16 PM
    Indeed, your BlackBerry ID for the Priv is only used for BBM. So you could either create a new account for BBM on Android to use with your Priv our keep switching on BBM for the Passport.
    Besides switching the SIM, have you asked you carrier if your contract is multi-SIM compatible? my last contract allowed me up to three SIMs with one phone number, you could configure which SIM got text messages and select in which order calls are received. It's a lot less hassle than constantly switching the cards.
    04-04-16 04:53 PM
    Indeed, your BlackBerry ID for the Priv is only used for BBM. So you could either create a new account for BBM on Android to use with your Priv our keep switching on BBM for the Passport.
    Besides switching the SIM, have you asked you carrier if your contract is multi-SIM compatible? my last contract allowed me up to three SIMs with one phone number, you could configure which SIM got text messages and select in which order calls are received. It's a lot less hassle than constantly switching the cards.
    Which carrier was that?
    04-04-16 05:35 PM
    Which carrier was that?
    o2 Germany, their better contracts offer up to three multi-SIM cards.
    04-04-16 05:51 PM
    o2 Germany, their better contracts offer up to three multi-SIM cards.

Nice. I wish that was possible here in Canada.
    04-04-16 06:01 PM