Does anyone know if the priv supports usb otg charging and if so what cable do I need to make it work. I purchased a y cable on amazon that has a male and female micro usb and a regular female usb and it will not charge the priv. When I first plug it in, it shows that it is charging but then stops charging after about a second.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    08-01-16 07:50 PM
    The first thing I would check is the cable. The priv is recognizing the USB connection but not receiving power.
    Do you have something else that you could charge with the cable?
    08-01-16 08:00 PM
    Well, when I was trying to use my on-the-go adapter with my Priv a few weeks back with a thumbdrive attached, I would connect and then suddenly disconnect. If I fiddled with the cable at the Priv end, it would come and go. I finally got it positioned so that it stayed connected and I could copy photos to the thumbdrive. So, since my normal cables are NOT flaky, I think it is the usb otg that's the issue. So you might fiddle but NOT strenuously as you don't want to mung up the Priv's usb port.

I think the tolerances on some of these adapter cables could be poor.
    08-01-16 09:50 PM
    I picked up a thumb drive from Amazon that has a micro USB on one end and a regular USB on the other end. I've tried it on the Priv and it worked fine. I was able to read the files on my drive and copy files to my Priv.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    FF22 likes this.
    08-01-16 10:12 PM