I have Verizon, and am looking at getting a new phone. I currently have the Blackberry Classic, and before this had nothing but Droids. I hate Droids - had nothing but problems with them. I like the BB Classic, but I can't use some of the apps that I need because they are android. Verizon only carries the Priv right now, not sure that they will get the new KEYone - seems like Verizon doesn't like BB phones very well. My other option that I'm looking at is the Samsung galaxy S7 edge.
    I've read some of the forums here and it seems like a lot of the users here don't like the Priv, but there is nothing really current. So tell me why I should get the Priv over the Samsung S7 edge.
    02-27-17 07:34 PM
    Get the Priv if you want a physical keyboard.
    The Priv is the best physical keyboard Android phone at the moment.

If you don't want a physical keyboard then you probably shouldn't get a Priv.
    02-27-17 08:11 PM
    The Samsung looks like a nice phone. That's all I know about it. I do know that the Priv is fairly plain Android with BlackBerry add-ons. I like how BlackBerry has configured the Priv and how they have secured Android. And of course the keyboard is quite nice.
    B L Harris likes this.
    02-27-17 11:17 PM
    The Priv is an S7 with a slider physical keyboard, BlackBerry Suite of apps that are very good, and it is the most secure Android on the market along with all the other BlackDroid devices. It is powerful and mine has been running flawlessly for over a year with a minor hiccup here and there.
    02-28-17 06:28 AM
    I wouldn't go strictly by what people are saying in the forums regarding the Priv or any forums about anything. Most people are on forums to try to resolve a problem they're having. The most glowing reviews will likely come right after people have bought something. Basically, if you're able to get a Priv, it's a good phone and you will probably enjoy it. Having said that, if you strictly prefer a physical keyboard then it could be a good idea to see if your carrier will have the KEYone or maybe consider buying an unlocked version of a phone outright.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-28-17 12:01 PM
    A lot of the negative stuff on this site toward the PRIV comes from BB10 faithfuls who can't stomach the idea of using a Droid, nevermore a BlackBerry Droid...
    02-28-17 01:54 PM
    A lot of the negative stuff on this site toward the PRIV comes from BB10 faithfuls who can't stomach the idea of using a Droid, nevermore a BlackBerry Droid...
    True that.
    newcollector likes this.
    02-28-17 02:27 PM
    Get the Priv if you want a physical keyboard.
    The Priv is the best physical keyboard Android phone at the moment.

If you don't want a physical keyboard then you probably shouldn't get a Priv.
    I don't know why not. I very rarely use the physical keyboard on my Priv.
    03-01-17 04:00 PM
    I don't know why not. I very rarely use the physical keyboard on my Priv. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a2aa2d42a2.jpg
    Sheesh, the Priv can't do Math. Your pictures of 4 FOUR full words were typed with the pkb but it shows ZERO percent.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    03-01-17 04:32 PM
    I don't know why not. I very rarely use the physical keyboard on my Priv. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a2aa2d42a2.jpg
    Because it is a fairly old device, is relatively thick, large and heavy for the screen size, has no fingerprint reader and is relatively expensive.
    I guess you could get it for the alleged security, but most people aren't going to care. The DTEK devices should be just as secure, but are likely nicer since they didn't have to accommodate a keyboard.

I'm not saying it isn't a nice device. I certainly wouldn't recommend someone replacing their Priv just because they find they aren't using the keyboard.
    03-01-17 05:02 PM
    The Priv is essentially a Galaxy S7 with a slide out keyboard and BlackBerry features. It's nice to have a BlackBerry phone with Andriod apps out of box and the BlackBerry Suite is definitely handy. My only complaint is that it has a curved screen, but if you're looking at the S7 Edge then you're getting a curved screen either way and I would highly recommend screen protectors. Otherwise, I love my Priv and have had it for over a year with no problems. If you're looking for something different and like having a keyboard, go for it.
    03-01-17 08:20 PM
    I think it was already announced that Verizon will be getting the KEYone.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-01-17 09:25 PM