I got a BlackBerry priv about a month ago. Just yesterday I got a message that there is an update available. I'm wondering about backing up & updating now with the priv because in the past there has been computer software to back up ours BB's to now that there is not I'm wondering if I will lose anything at all by doing the update. Mainly, will I lose anything in my notes or calendar as I have a lot of info in both?? Can someone please tell me

Thanks
    03-23-17 03:56 PM
    No it won't
    03-23-17 05:02 PM
    Hello no loss of information as stated. Would add make sure when updating have WiFI connected and battery charged! Enjoy your PRIV.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-23-17 05:47 PM
    I got a BlackBerry priv about a month ago. Just yesterday I got a message that there is an update available. I'm wondering about backing up & updating now with the priv because in the past there has been computer software to back up ours BB's to now that there is not I'm wondering if I will lose anything at all by doing the update. Mainly, will I lose anything in my notes or calendar as I have a lot of info in both?? Can someone please tell me

Thanks
    You should not lose any of that info although I would suggest backing up your data if possible. The Calendar can be backed up if you sync with one of the email services like Google, Yahoo or Outlook.

Unfortunately, NOTES does not appear to have any backup method unless you have some corporate system (was it Exchange server??). So I have stopped using the Notes app since it cannot import/export or sync.
    03-23-17 07:58 PM
    Rico4 is correct but you should know that after the software update, it will then update all of your apps, which could take a while. I have 124 apps and they took about 30 minutes to update them after the software update. Best phone and software out there. You'll love it.
    03-24-17 11:45 AM
    Don't be surprised if it initially runs a little warm since it is repopulating emails and Contacts, etc. It may take a few days for battery life to improve. Sometimes not.
    03-24-17 12:25 PM