Are you asking? It's here, or at least links to everything
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    It's a sticky, on this forum.
    Thank you I will send him the links..
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-15-16 02:32 PM
    Can anyone confirm the AT&T sim card can be activated and used for updates abroad? I'm in brazil, seriously considering getting a prepaid AT&T simcard and popping it in for the updates.
    08-15-16 03:07 PM
    Can anyone confirm the AT&T sim card can be activated and used for updates abroad? I'm in brazil, seriously considering getting a prepaid AT&T simcard and popping it in for the updates.
    I'm in the US, and actually on AT&T, but have been explaining how to use the GoPhone SIM, (AT&T's) prepaid to get updates for months. Many reports of it working in Canada, at least one each from Germany, and Mexico, and one from some where else, can't remember where. Some where in Asia or Malaysia I think.

The draw back is, it expires after 60 days, and has to be renewed, no idea how many times it can be renewed. And, AT&T could stop allowing this at any time, with no notice.

These guys sell the nano SIM for $6.88 US and add $2.95 for shipping to Brazil.
    At T Nano Sim GSM SKU 4488A 4098A 4682B Go Phone Postpaid New ATT Genuine | eBay

BTW, I'm not sure, but I think you have enter a US address when activating. If so, just make up the house # and street and find a valid city, state, zip code on line. But remember it, in case you need it to reactivate.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-15-16 04:38 PM
    So, what happens to the AT&T Unlocked BlackBerry PRIV model STV100-1 units that are PRD-60027-008 which I have? How are they updated? Do I need to first set it up Wi-Fi on AT&T SIM [which I have] without activating on AT&T ... or activating temporarily on AT& T ... and then switch over to T-Mobile with a T-Mobile SIM to get the updates? Especially, if I want to run it on the T-Mobile network? Or will I be deprived of updates if I run it on T-Mobile only and not on AT&T? If I run it on AT&T will it block T-Mobile operation? Should I use the AT&T SIM to Wi-Fi set it up and then install the MVNO-branded T-Mobile SIM in order to run it on the T-Mobile network? Will that get me updates from AT&T, T-Mobile, BlackBerry, TCEL, or the Wooly Mammoth? How would that work? Am about to set it up?
    07-28-22 06:59 PM
    So, what happens to the AT&T Unlocked BlackBerry PRIV model STV100-1 units that are PRD-60027-008 which I have? How are they updated? Do I need to first set it up Wi-Fi on AT&T SIM [which I have] without activating on AT&T ... or activating temporarily on AT& T ... and then switch over to T-Mobile with a T-Mobile SIM to get the updates? Especially, if I want to run it on the T-Mobile network? Or will I be deprived of updates if I run it on T-Mobile only and not on AT&T? If I run it on AT&T will it block T-Mobile operation? Should I use the AT&T SIM to Wi-Fi set it up and then install the MVNO-branded T-Mobile SIM in order to run it on the T-Mobile network? Will that get me updates from AT&T, T-Mobile, BlackBerry, TCEL, or the Wooly Mammoth? How would that work? Am about to set it up?
    It's not updated. It was discontinued in 2018. If you want updates, then you need to get a modern device that is supported. I'd recommend a Google Pixel or Samsung device.
    07-28-22 07:25 PM
    Okay, I waded through these forums. Here's the situation. I have both Verizon-branded and AT&T-branded PRIVs. What do I do about Verizon updates?

I have a Verizon SIM, set it up on Verizon, without activating any service, and am running it on an MVNO-branded T-Mobile network. Seems to work so far, but what do I do about updates?

Similarly, I just got a brand new AT&T Unlocked BlackBerry PRIV model STV100-1 phone that is the PRD-60027-008 model that will run on T-Mobile. What do I do to update it on AT&T every now and then while running it on T-Mobile?

I have an old AT&T GoPhone BNIB, that I don't want to open and unseal, but which might have a AT&T Go SIM card in there, if they used them with these 3G models. My AT&T-branded PRIV phone shipped with an AT&T SIM card for install, but will it work like the GO SIM card and not require a plan and activation?

Finally, I can order the AT&T NANO SIM Card 4FF • GSM 4G 5G LTE that someone linked to off of eBay for $6.95, wait for it to arrive, and then try to use it like the GO SIM to update from time to time without taking out a plan with AT&T?

What does anyone think will work best overall for my very PRIV[ileged] situation?
    Last edited by BB_Questions; 07-28-22 at 08:31 PM.
    07-28-22 07:35 PM
    It's not updated. It was discontinued in 2018. If you want updates, then you need to get a modern device that is supported. I'd recommend a Google Pixel or Samsung device.
    Thank you for your response. So, are you saying that the AT&T-branded PRIV never got the update from Lollipop to Marshmallow?

Well, I have access to 5G Apple and Samsung devices, but I prefer to work with my BlackBerry PRIVs for now. Have two Verizon-branded ones (working on T-Mobile) for what I need. One is Lollipop. The other is Marshmallow.

Just got an AT&T-branded PRIV (BNIB) that, I believe, has Lollipop, but will check. In any event, in the matter of updates, how do I arrange them to the best that I can, for the latest updates that were or are still out there, for this AT&T-branded PRIV [and the Verizon-branded ones as well] ?

I have one or two AT&T SIM cards lying around (non-activated) and an old AT&T go phone [BNIB] lying around. Will those be helpful?

Should I try to activate the PRIV temporarily on a one month pre-paid with AT&T? Will they even activate new service anymore on AT&T because of it being a PRIV [I heard about VOLTE activation issues or problems on AT&T with this device and don't know what that is about?] or should I do something else to get the best that is out there and then try to run it on my MVNO-branded T-Mobile network?

The dealer tested it on an activated T-Mobile SIM card and told me it works on T-Mobile. Little unsure the best way to proceed from here to set it up and configure? Plenty of resources and options. Need to get up and running with this PRIV.

You've all been down this road before as evidenced by this forum, so guide me a little if you can? Each and everyone on these forums has been kind and courteous. Thank you!
    07-28-22 07:51 PM
    Thank you for your response. So, are you saying that the AT&T-branded PRIV never got the update from Lollipop to Marshmallow?

Well, I have access to 5G Apple and Samsung devices, but I prefer to work with my BlackBerry PRIVs for now. Have two Verizon-branded ones (working on T-Mobile) for what I need. One is Lollipop. The other is Marshmallow.

Just got an AT&T-branded PRIV (BNIB) that, I believe, has Lollipop, but will check. In any event, in the matter of updates, how do I arrange them to the best that I can, for the latest updates that were or are still out there, for this AT&T-branded PRIV [and the Verizon-branded ones as well] ?

I have one or two AT&T SIM cards lying around (non-activated) and an old AT&T go phone [BNIB] lying around. Will those be helpful?

Should I try to activate the PRIV temporarily on a one month pre-paid with AT&T? Will they even activate new service anymore on AT&T because of it being a PRIV [I heard about VOLTE activation issues or problems on AT&T with this device and don't know what that is about?] or should I do something else to get the best that is out there and then try to run it on my MVNO-branded T-Mobile network?

The dealer tested it on an activated T-Mobile SIM card and told me it works on T-Mobile. Little unsure the best way to proceed from here to set it up and configure? Plenty of resources and options. Need to get up and running with this PRIV.

You've all been down this road before as evidenced by this forum, so guide me a little if you can? Each and everyone on these forums has been kind and courteous. Thank you!
    The AT&T PRIV wasn't supported very long by AT&T since it had too many issues and ended up getting dumped in wholesale lots to internet jobber resellers.

To keep AT&T happy, BlackBerry with AT&T, pushed out an update that essentially turned AT&T PRIV into a factory unlocked device supported directly from BlackBerry Limited who then shortly thereafter exited the mobile business. If you didn't update the device then, you're probably stuck in some kind of limbo anyways.
    07-28-22 08:09 PM
    Even if I have a brand new AT&T Unlocked BlackBerry PRIV model STV100-1 phone that is the PRD-60027-008 model? Gee, I knew there was some reason why I should have avoided the AT&T model?

Can an unlocked phone like this get updates from other sources besides the AT&T carrier? Now, what about the Verizon-branded version or the T-Mobile-branded version? How do they get their updates? ... and ... What is the status of the update situation with them?

Could have bought a T-Mobile-branded model (doesn't work on any other carrier) or Verizon-branded model? Verizon works on T-Mobile.

Grumble ... Grumble.
    07-28-22 08:36 PM
    Even if I have a brand new AT&T Unlocked BlackBerry PRIV model STV100-1 phone that is the PRD-60027-008 model? Gee, I knew there was some reason why I should have avoided the AT&T model?

Can an unlocked phone like this get updates from other sources besides the AT&T carrier? Now, what about the Verizon-branded version or the T-Mobile-branded version? How do they get their updates? ... and ... What is the status of the update situation with them?

Could have bought a T-Mobile-branded model (doesn't work on any other carrier) or Verizon-branded model? Verizon works on T-Mobile.

Grumble ... Grumble.
    What updates?
    07-28-22 08:54 PM

Grumble ... Grumble.
    None of those get updates. All are long discontinued. If you want updates, then your best options are new Google Pixel or Samsung devices.
    07-28-22 09:49 PM
    If you buy a used phone, it's likly been updated with the last updates that the PRIV would have gotten. If your buying a NIB PRIV still on Android 5.... I'm not sure there are any update servers for it to find. Technically BlackBerry cleaned house on support for the phones sold by them.... BBOS, BB10, and their three Android phones are all EOL.
    PRIV is an interesting phone... but it's 2022.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-29-22 10:25 AM
    "Updates"

I don't know why this is so confusing, but let me try to explain.

First, there are two types of "updates:" OS updates, and app updates.

OS updates are not provided OTA by anyone anymore. If you want the latest OS update for your Priv, use the sticky post at the top of this forum. It will be Android 6.0.1 ("Marshmallow"), but make sure to use the correct version for your phone (e.g., use the ATnT version for an ATnT-branded phone); otherwise it won't load and it won't be obvious why.

6.0.1 is the latest you can get on the Priv. Doesn't matter if it has ATnT, Verizon, T-Mobile, or no service at all; loading the OS from your PC is the only way to update Android on the Priv now. If you want a newer Android version than 6.0.1, the others are right: get another phone that supports the version you want.

App updates come from the app developer, usually by way of Google. Again, it doesn't matter whose service you use, because app updates don't come from your service provider. You can download app updates over WiFi or whichever 4G LTE service you use. All you need is enough free space on the Priv's eMMC.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-29-22 10:55 PM
63 123