called AT&T and asked about the Marshmallow release date for PRIV. the tech told me he shows Samsung devices are updating now and then LG and some other brands but he did not see Blackberry anywhere on the list (covered dates through July)

WTF is going on???

Posted via my Priv
    05-11-16 01:54 PM
    Never trust a rep. Having worked as one for years, they toss out whatever comes to the top of their head. Additionally, it's something that has been proven many times here. Proper answers are very few and far between.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-11-16 01:55 PM
    Never trust a rep. Having worked as one for years, they toss out whatever comes to the top of their head. Additionally, it's something that has been proven many times here. Proper answers are very few and far between.
    true...but this is AT&T. they tend to be far behind other carriers when releasing device updates, especially for Bbry devices.

Posted via my Priv
    05-11-16 01:58 PM
    I can't with reps anymore. They'll spew just about anything that sounds "OK" from their mouths and keep it pushing. I went ahead and got a used unlocked Priv today. I can't deal with the lag in updates.

Typed or swiped from my BlackBerry Priv
    05-11-16 02:08 PM
    true...but this is AT&T. they tend to be far behind other carriers when releasing device updates, especially for Bbry devices.

Posted via my Priv
    There are "other" carriers and then there are "other" US Carriers. Ask T-Mobile Z10 and Q10 users about updates.... Verizon always seemed to be last issuing BlackBerry updates.

The question is why are you surprised? Carrier's are the reason many here wanted a Factory Unlocked phone....
    05-11-16 02:18 PM
    Dear Customer,

We at AT&T are extremely sorry that your BlackBerry Priv has not received it's Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update. This letter is to let you know that we are temporarily suspending updates as the FCC wants to know how we don't deliver updates and we require all our update technicians to create a outstanding lie. All updates should resume by July but it will takes us one year to get back on track. We hope your phone is officially unsupported by then so you can upgrade to an Apple iPhone where you get all your updates from Apple.

Thank you for being a loyal donor for us to build a bigger Death Star,
    An AT&T rep

Can AT&T just send us this letter rather than having us wait. It is sad that the government has to get involved to hopefully correct the issue.
    Wezard and Habious like this.
    05-12-16 07:53 AM