Dear BlackBerry Representative (c_bryant, specifically):

Is there an update to the promised fix for the duplication of Gmail in the Hub when All Mail sync is on?

Thanks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-20-16 04:47 AM
    haven't heard of any Hub improvements here.
    01-20-16 05:22 AM
    I know. I'm asking for an update on the progress of the fix, which I know they're working hard on

01-20-16 06:09 AM
    I know. I'm asking for an update on the progress of the fix, which I know they're working hard on

All I can say at this point is "still in progress".
    01-20-16 10:22 AM
    I was able to resolve the duplication by turning off sync to All Mail and Important pending the upcoming fix. I do find though, when deleting gmail emails, I need to delete them twice. After the first deletion the email shows again in the hub within about 5 seconds. Any solution to this, even a short-term one, until the above fix happens?

01-20-16 01:13 PM
    I was able to resolve the duplication by turning off sync to All Mail and Important pending the upcoming fix. I do find though, when deleting gmail emails, I need to delete them twice. After the first deletion the email shows again in the hub within about 5 seconds. Any solution to this, even a short-term one, until the above fix happens?

Are you syncing your 'trash' folder?
    01-20-16 01:24 PM
    Are you syncing your 'trash' folder?
    Yes I am. I just noticed that the 2nd deletion is required only when I use the swipe in the hub to delete. If I open the email and delete using the trash symbol at the top only one deletion is needed.

Unsyncing the Trash folder fixed the need for the 2nd swipe. Thanks a ton!

01-20-16 01:33 PM
    When you click "delete" on an IMAP client with Gmail, the email is moved to All Mail not Trash.

You're just experiencing the same bug this thread is about.

01-22-16 05:02 AM
    When you click "delete" on an IMAP client with Gmail, the email is moved to All Mail not Trash.

You're just experiencing the same bug this thread is about.

Clicking Delete isn't the problem I was having. That only needed one click. It was when I was swiping in the hub. I have my right swipe set to delete the email and would need to repeat it since the email would show up in the hub again within a few seconds. Unsyncing the Trash folder as suggested by Bryant fixed it. Now, one hub delete swipe and it's done.

Bryant, your involvement and fixes in this forum are very much appreciated. Thank you!

01-23-16 03:02 AM
    Clicking Delete isn't the problem I was having. That only needed one click. It was when I was swiping in the hub. I have my right swipe set to delete the email and would need to repeat it since the email would show up in the hub again within a few seconds. Unsyncing the Trash folder as suggested by Bryant fixed it. Now, one hub delete swipe and it's done.

Bryant, your involvement and fixes in this forum are very much appreciated. Thank you!

Ok cool. Yes, s/he is the best!

01-23-16 05:41 AM