Well as some of you know my company did jump in on the Priv band wagon. We did receive our 200 phones and put them into service. Well its been about 4 months now and I can give some honest updates. After a rocky roll out with about a dozen phones the software problems have been mostly addressed. We have had about 30 go back with hardware issues. The biggest problem has been the keyboard slider, this has been issue number one with my employees.

We have had BB on site and they have repaired most of those issues with either a keyboard swap-out or the phone was removed from service. We still have not decided to migrate over to the Priv as it still is not reliable enough for the daily grind (work related). I will say the employees who have the phone love it, most come from a Android based unit (personal use) so they seem to be able to work around most issues.

The bulk of our units are and will continue to run OS 10. After a long call with BB HQ and discussions with others in the same boat as we are,(OS 10 users in the corporate world.) I have no doubt that OS 10 is going nowhere fast. I do believe that it will migrate to a Corporate system away from the consumer market. Side note we do handle many secure systems for the US Government and have been informed that OS 10 will be the only approved OS for the future time being.

On another note, I do have some friends who are in the Google/corporate world and BB is working to get OS 10 upgraded with a new run time upgrade. Google is working this angle to get the software approved in the new security certification. This they believe will help in getting BB/Android/Google approved down the road as a full replacement for OS 10. This is a few years of testing and approvals away.

In closing the Priv is starting to work past its teething pains, I look forward when it will be the air apparent of OS 10 in the business world.
    02-14-16 05:51 PM
    To be that guy, this is what I have been saying for awhile now. Everything BlackBerry has been doing points towards moving BB10 out if the consumer market and into "high security" full throttle. Yes, eventually they will have that one OS, but that takes time.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 06:29 PM
    Just as long as they leave it available for purchase by consumers although it will be a higher price.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    02-14-16 06:41 PM
    Yes you have been spot on with this issue. Lets hope they keep the pedal to the medal !
    02-14-16 07:05 PM
    The only issue that might occur is if the new run time threads cannot be cleared, then the OS will stop using and will not allow side loading any longer.
    02-14-16 07:05 PM
    The only issue that might occur is if the new run time threads cannot be cleared, then the OS will stop using and will not allow side loading any longer.
    Most of us still on BB10 are here because we don't want datamining and don't sideload android apps.
    heepman and Q10Bold like this.
    02-14-16 10:41 PM
    thanks for the update ..
    02-15-16 12:38 AM
    Cool story bro. I'm not buying it even for a second. BlackBerry 10 is in maintenance mode, on its way out. Android Runtime will never be updated. I am confident in saying that.
    02-15-16 01:52 AM
    [...] On another note, I do have some friends who are in the Google/corporate world and BB is working to get OS 10 upgraded with a new run time upgrade. Google is working this angle to get the software approved in the new security certification. This they believe will help in getting BB/Android/Google approved down the road as a full replacement for OS 10. This is a few years of testing and approvals away. [...]

I truly enjoyed your story, but I fail to understand the above part.

What would be the deal for Google, if BlackBerry upgrades the BB10 ART?
    BlackBerry shows Google how to secure Android and Google in return tolerates the runtime on BB10?
    (and all other OHA members don't care....?)
    02-15-16 09:19 AM
    Sorry, OP.

I just don't see a large enough userbase within the corporate and government sector to support BB10 development, these two updates that probably were already mostly completed, along with slowly scaled down device support - no new devices and new OS changes = less customer support. Fewer devices still in warranty = less customer support. Less customer support for BB10 = less cost to the company.

While releasing a Classic II running the Passports hardware would be possible.... it would extend BlackBerry's support cost, people would expect some kind of further BB10 development. And for what, maybe a million devices would be sold in 2017?

Calling BlackBerry to talk to support and sales staff.... Even Chen doesn't know for sure they'll be in the hardware business in 12 months.
    02-15-16 10:07 AM
    why respond at all.
    02-15-16 01:00 PM
    Google wants to move into a secure system to capture that market. The way for them is to let BB do the heavy lifting and then move it into their own system.
    NtotheK likes this.
    02-15-16 01:02 PM
    Hey, all I am is a large corporate user. One that has gets his info direct, not as a maybe or possible. The user base for OS 10......is well over ............no forget it. You are right, woof.
    02-15-16 01:04 PM
    Ignore them. Some people can't stand good info or other people's success.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 01:50 PM
    On another note, I do have some friends who are in the Google/corporate world and BB is working to get OS 10 upgraded with a new run time upgrade. Google is working this angle to get the software approved in the new security certification.
    If that's actually true, that is going to make more than quite a few people happy.

In my minds eye, they will also need to come out with some sort of replacement device as the hardware keeps aging.
    02-15-16 03:16 PM
    Cool story bro. I'm not buying it even for a second. BlackBerry 10 is in maintenance mode, on its way out. Android Runtime will never be updated. I am confident in saying that.
    Cool comment "bro." You've done a terrible job of supporting your opinion. Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing of substance. The community appreciates your wise and thoughtful insight.

Z10, 10.3.2.858, MPJ 5000 mAh extended battery.
    Last edited by Platinum_2; 02-15-16 at 03:40 PM.
    02-15-16 03:20 PM
    Hey, all I am is a large corporate user. One that has gets his info direct, not as a maybe or possible. The user base for OS 10......is well over ............no forget it. You are right, woof.
    Yeah, frustrating isn't it. People on here with no direct information from the company basically call you a liar. Seems there is more and more of these types floating around CB. A few come to mind immediately.

02-15-16 03:22 PM
    Sorry, OP.

I just don't see a large enough userbase within the corporate and government sector to support BB10....

Because it doesn't make sense to you, OP's post must be completely false. OK, yeah.

02-15-16 03:34 PM
    Because it doesn't make sense to you, OP's post must be completely false. OK, yeah.

Not saying that he's false in what he is reporting.

Just I don't give much credence to someone in support or sales having any idea of what Chen is going to do with BB10. Cause I'm not sure he has any idea either.

In "his" experience, BB10 is important to his company and whatever government agencies he works with. But the numbers just don't support that being the general case. While BB10 has gotten all kinds of certifications and authorization... it just hasn't gotten many orders from the US Government... a few departments is about all, majory have moved away from BB10.

They are currently tracking fewer than 1 million BB10 devices being sold per year... you pull consumers out of that and I don't see a userbase large enough to support development.

What I do see is BBOS which has gone one to be used for years, without any development.
    jm1219 and Bbnivende like this.
    02-15-16 04:00 PM
    Not saying that he's false in what he is reporting.

Just I don't give much credence to someone in support or sales having any idea of what Chen is going to do with BB10. Cause I'm not sure he has any idea either.

In "his" experience, BB10 is important to his company and whatever government agencies he works with. But the numbers just don't support that being the general case. While BB10 has gotten all kinds of certifications and authorization... it just hasn't gotten many orders from the US Government... a few departments is about all, majory have moved away from BB10.

They are currently tracking fewer than 1 million BB10 devices being sold per year... you pull consumers out of that and I don't see a userbase large enough to support development.

What I do see is BBOS which has gone one to be used for years, without any development.
    Fair enough...but I think there will be some development in BB10 yet. To what extent, I'm not sure, and I'm not going to suggest that I do. I do feel like BB has to make a transition from BB10 to Android, and in my opinion, I think that will require some level of support including the runtime. BB10 + Amazon app store at least provides basic functionality and I think that needs to be maintained before BB + Android is truly ready for prime time, especially in the corporate /gov't space. Just MHO.

02-15-16 04:07 PM
    Yes I would think they would have to update handsets as well. What does amaze me on any forum is how some people, who have no idea. Have no issues with spouting off about nothing they know about. An example is the 1 million user handset sales. What BB never counts is bulk Government sales. They are split off, from sales of 2000 and above. I know many top and I mean top companies that have not upgraded to OS 10 as of yet. But even though BB no longer supports these OS systems for the general public. They chug right alone for the large corporate user. In short, there are two BB users. One is the general public and the corporate user. We in the latter group have our own issues and concerns. But when we call BB we have corporate level contacts we deal with, when I can I thought it might help some if I could shed some light on this side. But as usual that always comes at a risk, why? Because there are always people that will not like to hear anything that might be against there beliefs.

WOOF!
    DolemiteDONS and jas1978 like this.
    02-15-16 05:28 PM
    Well, I'm looking forward to your continued updates and commentary.

02-15-16 05:32 PM
    Yes I would think they would have to update handsets as well. What does amaze me on any forum is how some people, who have no idea. Have no issues with spouting off about nothing they know about. An example is the 1 million user handset sales. What BB never counts is bulk Government sales.
    So tell us all how BB neglects to mention all these sales in their quarterly reports.

Up date on our companies Priv phones and direct news from the front-mmb9qajq9swpi8xxy76a_400x400.jpeg
    02-15-16 06:03 PM
    I definitely appreciate hearing from the corporate side of things.
    02-15-16 06:53 PM
    Who said BlackBerry was neglecting to mention them in reports? He is referring to service levels or tiers, not sales reports.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 07:46 PM
72 123