I was looking to buy Priv, but was wondering if it is annoying to unlock Priv every now and then by passcode in absence of fingerprint scanner.
    I have to check my phone every 5-10 minutes, so will be time consuming to unlock every time by entering passcode.
    Priv users please share your experience..

Lovely BlackBerry Q10
    01-12-17 09:35 PM
    I use Smart Lock to keep my stuff unlocked if it's at home (geofencing) or I just put it on top of my keys (NFC). It also works with Bluetooth.
    01-12-17 09:39 PM
    I was using picture password for a while... it's really good, but just takes too long to unlock.

I've switched to a PIN password.

And yes, you may want to try smart lock feature.
    01-12-17 09:41 PM
    I use smart lock(bluetooth), but also have an alpha/code lock.. I just use four repetitive characters, so its real easy to unlock, but no thief is gonna try that. Plus ya only get 10 tries...

may look into nfc/etc
    01-12-17 10:26 PM
    I use Smart Lock to keep my stuff unlocked if it's at home (geofencing) or I just put it on top of my keys (NFC). It also works with Bluetooth.
    Yup, I've got it paired with my car (BT) so that someone else can use it if I'm driving.

At home, my cordless phone has a BT option to pair with a cell phone and I use that as a Smartlock. So at home it is unlocked.

But I do use Picture Password. It is not that hard. Maybe not that much harder than sliding your finger across some sensor. slide your finger across the screen to place your number on your focus.
    01-12-17 10:43 PM
    And as for when I still have to unlock the device (DTEK60 but still) I have a short PIN (and fingerprint, but I keep using the PIN out of habit).

You can also change how long until the device locks, of course.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-12-17 10:49 PM
    What is smartlock feature? Is in an app to be downloaded from appstore or inbuilt Priv feature?

BlackBerry Q10
    01-13-17 05:41 AM
    It's inbuilt. I know it's on Marshmallow not sure about prior releases

You can find it under security settings.

Like above folks I have phone unlocked at home, car. Now that I have a Samsung Gear S3 I may just have the phone unlocked while in Bluetooth range of the watch
    FF22 likes this.
    01-13-17 07:00 AM
    I was using picture password for a while... it's really good, but just takes too long to unlock.

I've switched to a PIN password.

And yes, you may want to try smart lock feature.
    How does sliding a number across take longer than tapping four numbers on a screen? I love Password Keeper, brilliant to me.
    Last edited by bigjman; 01-13-17 at 06:13 PM.
    01-13-17 09:59 AM
    I have been forced to use a pin code since I got the Priv due to my work Microsoft Exchange email protocol. It doesn't allow Picture Password.
    01-13-17 01:29 PM
    I use c locker. It's very customizable. I generally use a pattern, but before c locker I used smart lock with the face unlocker. It only works well in well lit conditions though.
    01-13-17 01:39 PM
    Although I have a pin, I use smartlock with my watch and car.
    01-13-17 04:19 PM
    How does sliding a number across take longer thank tapping four numbers on a screen? I love Password Keeper, brilliant to me.
    Glad you are enjoying password keeper!

Remember if you are using fingerprint authentication with Password Keeper you still have to remember your master password (if the device resets, export passwords, OS software updates).
    01-13-17 05:53 PM
    Smart lock with a smartwatch or bluetooth headset would solve your problem.
    01-13-17 06:06 PM
    Smart lock and Bluetooth pairing with headset, device connection in the car, geofencing at home and a couple other locations, and on-body for all other occasions.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-14-17 01:24 PM
    Using smart lock with bluetooth ear piece and home location. would like to add Garmin Vivofit, but it doesn't show up under bluetooth.
    Anybody know how to do this?
    01-15-17 07:24 AM
    Using smart lock with bluetooth ear piece and home location. would like to add Garmin Vivofit, but it doesn't show up under bluetooth.
    Since apparently the Garmin devices use a special app but do not directly use BT, I don't see how it can work.
    01-15-17 09:24 AM
    I don't have a password or pin on my phone. Just swipe to open the screen. Been running BlackBerry since 8310 and never used a pin/password. I'm checking my phone every 5 minutes max and a password was just a pain.

I'm also very careful and responsible with my device. Never left it anywhere or had it stolen, wallet case so may be the reason I'm super careful as well.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-15-17 10:17 AM
    Maybe this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Garmin/comm...d_devices_for/
    FF22 likes this.
    01-15-17 12:39 PM
    Found that, I now have the Vivo showing up under bluetooth as paired, but when I try to add it as trusted device, it says" Can't add device, make sure it's on and close enough".
    01-15-17 01:01 PM