Tried several times. But it will not activate. Any one else have this issue and was able to solve it? I currently have an open ticket with Verizon.
    11-11-16 12:06 AM
    Tried several times. But it will not activate. Any one else have this issue and was able to solve it? I currently have an open ticket with Verizon.
    Here's what I did to fix mine. I called Verizon and had HD calling removed on my line. Restarted phone. Waited about 30 min., then opened Advanced Calling and activated it on phone. It will tell you to wait about 5 min. and to restart the phone.
    zocster likes this.
    11-11-16 01:04 AM
    Here's what I did to fix mine. I called Verizon and had HD calling removed on my line. Restarted phone. Waited about 30 min., then opened Advanced Calling and activated it on phone. It will tell you to wait about 5 min. and to restart the phone.
    What call can I make, to whom, to verify that it really is enabled? Will there a some icon on the status bar or some sign it is actually working?
    11-11-16 08:31 AM
    What call can I make, to whom, to verify that it really is enabled? Will there a some icon on the status bar or some sign it is actually working?
    Don't you just love it? I have the same question. In my case it's even worse since I need a 3g Femtocell in my house for Verizon. I would assume it would use wifi calling but it seems to always use the 3g connection instead. Kind of strange that they would put wifi calling last in the priority list. I'll have to see if I get anything while I'm away from the house.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-11-16 08:54 AM
    I didn't think of it before but, does everyone who is having HD calling trouble live in an area where Verizon has not yet upgraded their network? I had HD calling activated on my Priv from day 1 in March, but I didn't get any advanced calling features until a month or two ago. If you go to the Verizon website, under Advanced Calling, it will show a list of cities where it is active. Perhaps this is the whole problem with their HD business on Marshmallow.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-11-16 09:04 AM
    if the error that you're getting is that it's already added to your line, but then the options just go greyed out.. reboot to get the option back, remove it from the website/my verizon first, wait a couple mins then active it via the menu option in settings. worked for me and few others.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    11-11-16 09:08 AM
    If you can't call and browse the web with just your data on and no wifi your advanced calling is not working.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    11-11-16 09:24 AM
    Tried it. Didn't work. Rep then told me to do it in safe mode. Still nothing. That's when he opened a ticket.
    11-11-16 09:26 AM
    if the error that you're getting is that it's already added to your line, but then the options just go greyed out.. reboot to get the option back, remove it from the website/my verizon first, wait a couple mins then active it via the menu option in settings. worked for me and few others.
    Tried it.
    11-11-16 09:27 AM
    Try doing a factory reset. I tried removing the HD calling from the website and re-adding it on the phone multiple times yesterday from morning till night but nothing worked until I did a factory reset. Now I have HD calling and Wifi working.

One thing I forgot to do before factory reset was to export my Blackberry passwords. But I rather have HD and wifi working when I can always recover the passwords afterwards.
    11-11-16 11:00 AM
    Try doing a factory reset. I tried removing the HD calling from the website and re-adding it on the phone multiple times yesterday from morning till night but nothing worked until I did a factory reset. Now I have HD calling and Wifi working.

One thing I forgot to do before factory reset was to export my Blackberry passwords. But I rather have HD and wifi working when I can always recover the passwords afterwards.
    Excellent! Glad to hear that you got this fixed!
    tgrsnpr likes this.
    11-11-16 11:07 AM
    I had the same problem. I had it enabled before the upgrade, and when I try to activate it again, it says it's already on the line and to reboot. I've rebooted, done a hard reset, etc. and it never enabled. So I'm doing the factory reset and we'll see how that goes.
    11-11-16 12:04 PM
    Verizon customer service. *611
    FF22 likes this.
    11-11-16 01:02 PM
    Verizon customer service. *611
    That is "live" customer support? I was hoping for something inherent in the phone or ....

Hmm. Do I remember that if HD is working, you can be on the phone and browse the Web at the same time? Time for a test....

That worked. I was talking to myself (not all that unusual ) and browsing the web.
    11-11-16 01:18 PM
    I had the same problem. I had it enabled before the upgrade, and when I try to activate it again, it says it's already on the line and to reboot. I've rebooted, done a hard reset, etc. and it never enabled. So I'm doing the factory reset and we'll see how that goes.
    Let me know what happens. Looks like I may have to do a factory reset as well.
    11-11-16 02:28 PM
    Out of topic but what's the difference between a hard reset and a factory reset? Because if they are the same, I wonder why hard reset didn't help fix the HD calling.
    11-11-16 02:37 PM
    I didn't have to do a hard reset. Just called CS, had them remove the feature from my line, wait a few min., restart phone, then opened Advanced Calling and reactivated it from phone. Works.
    11-11-16 02:51 PM
    Out of topic but what's the difference between a hard reset and a factory reset? Because if they are the same, I wonder why hard reset didn't help fix the HD calling.
    I believe that the hard reset he's referring to is a 32 second power button hold down. Actually a restart not a reset. Supposed to be like a battery pull on the old BlackBerry phones with a removable battery. A factory reset is completely different as it wipes your phone.
    tgrsnpr likes this.
    11-11-16 02:52 PM
    I had this problem as well, I think the problem is with the phone itself activating the feature. When I first installed MM, I had no problem activating WiFi calling. The next day though, while I was screwing around with the settings on my phone, I accidentally turned it off. I tried for at least an entire day to reactivate it. Adding / Removing HD Calling from My Verizon, rebooting and even getting out and driving around thinking maybe it was the tower I was on lol. After leaving my phone on the screen that said "Upgrading......" for an entire night while I slept, I said screw it.. reloaded the OS.. tried again and Boom.. it activated in 2 seconds..

Not sure if it really had anything to do with it or just a coincidence, but that's how I fixed my issue.
    11-11-16 06:21 PM
    Factory reset did the trick. Have to reinstall all my apps and restore data. But it worked!
    11-11-16 09:23 PM
    Factory reset did the trick. Have to reinstall all my apps and restore data. But it worked!
    It's just too bad that you have to go to all that trouble for one darn thing.
    11-11-16 09:49 PM
    It's just too bad that you have to go to all that trouble for one darn thing.
    Totally agree!
    11-11-16 10:30 PM
    Let me know what happens. Looks like I may have to do a factory reset as well.
    The factory reset didn't fix it. What did work, was that I had to have the feature removed from my line. The other IT guy in my office handles the Verizon account stuff, so he removed it there. Then I was able to activate the feature on my phone. It did get an error the first time, but I tried it again and it went through. I waited probably 15 minutes and rebooted my phone, and it showed it was activated and I could then turn it on/off, and I was also able to then setup wifi calling. So most people can probably call Verizon, or if you have a work phone, get the admin of the account to do it online.
    11-14-16 04:39 PM
    BTW, factory reset may have fixed some other problems I was having, but it sure is a pain to not only have to reinstall everything, but app data was gone. I thought there was some kind of cloud sync with Google that would restore settings when an app was reinstalled. But that was not the case. The "Back up my data" was turned on, so what does it actually back up? Anyone know of a good alternative solution like what BlackBerry Link provided for future reference?
    11-14-16 04:42 PM