For the last couple of weeks, I have had two Privs in my possession after I ordered one from Amazon and Shop BlackBerry. In using both, I have notified some differences:

While both have some play in the bottom part of the screen when you push down, one seems to do it more than the other. However, when taking identical photos, the phone that has a little more play in the screen, takes much better photos.

I updated the camera app on both, but one just takes poor photos, especially hdr. While one takes photos with great color, the other seems washed out and very noisy. Very strange. I wonder what the issue could be here. Could it be a wide spread issue and the reason several reviewers have said the camera isn't that great? The other phone takes very good photos that almost rival the iPhone 6s.

Anyway, I am sending one back this week. Right now I am leaning toward sending the one with the bad camera back instead of the one with a little more play in the bottom part of the screen. I can live with the screen issue, especially since it seems most have the issue to some degree, but I can't live with a bad camera.

What would you do?
    11-29-15 07:39 PM
    How much 'play' has the screen got? Can you show us a video. Anyone with a 'normal' Priv?
    11-29-15 07:46 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cking-1049982/

There is a fix for that
    11-29-15 07:47 PM
    I'm experiencing the same and still looking for advice. Will decide this week. Both phones have different results, but the front camera is just not useable on one of them. See my post below from "returning your Priv". Was hoping for some advice.

In your case, does not seem to be as extreme and I'd likely keep em both. Just need adequate cameras.

So looks like I will be returning my Priv :-( ...but... I will be ordering another ASAP. Hoping to maybe get some help/advice here.

I originally pre-ordered from shopblackberry on launch date, but with all of the delays when I saw Amazon had stock I jumped on it (mistake). After getting the device I ordered insurance through BlackBerry Care.

After using the device, I went to test out the front camera. The photos are either green or show with green lines. I can only get a normal shot if I just pick up the device and go directly to the front camera. Basically, the warmer the device, the greener it gets. It's much worse in low light as well.

I was able to test this theory multiple times with the same results. My mother also bought a Priv, but from AT&T so I, of course, did a comparison. Her front camera is solid. Had it on quick charge with Battery Doctor showing 110F and no green at all on her front camera. Mine starts with green around 90F which is a fairly normal temp on 5.1.1.

I initially questioned whether a software update would fix this, but since it is caused by heat that's doubtful. Also, would not look forward to having to use a green camera in the summer or on vacations.

Anyway, this is where I'm not sure what to do next. I can return to Amazon and cancel BlackBerry Care on the device and either wait for them to have stock, order from shopblackberry and re-order BlackBerry Care when I get the new device if all is well, or walk into an AT&T store and buy outright and add their insurance which covers lost/stolen (but locked to AT&T, slow updates, etc).

I'm really only considering AT&T because I already sold my Passport I was using and have everything on the Priv + the extra insurance. I do have double data with AT&T as long as I do not change my plan. I don't think any of that would count as changing my plan though or it's a no go.

So any advice on what to do or what you would do would be greatly appreciated. I do have a Z10 that I could use or an iPhone 4S in the meantime if needed. Im assuming I'd just use my SIM adapter and put in either phone. Hate iOS, but would use temporarily while waiting if I order from shopblackberry.

Honestly would prefer unlocked, but under the circumstances AT&T full price is an option. All I need though while waiting is a device for calls/texts/BBM and would rather use my mom's old iPhone as a temp if needed since the Z10 is mint/never used.

While I don't expect perfection, I expected the front camera to be at least on par with the Z10. Software bugs will get fixed and I'm OK with that. Guess I'm more nervous that I'd possibly get a defective Priv from shopblackberry more than anything.

Sorry for the long post, but have been banging my head against the wall on what to do. Regretting cancelling my pre-order, but that's the past now. If you've read this far... What would you do?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-29-15 07:49 PM
    Yes, this works really well and super simple if the screen is clicking; just don't use much force at all. It's not needed. Mine clicked right back into place and has been perfect.

My post above was RE having two Privs and the cameras.

11-29-15 07:52 PM
    That seemed to help the clicking, but on mine, there is a bit of give when you push on the bottom of the screen. Almost like there is a gap there. Nothing huge and this did seem to help that as well as the clicking.
    11-29-15 08:04 PM