So I am a BB10 user who switched to the Priv. I hate this new OS but I am not returning my Priv at this stage. The hub is horrible. But can someone help me fix it so that replies and forwards don't hide the first email message in the thread? I want to be able to click on the each message in a thread individually FROM THE HUB and not have them aggregate on me only showing the last message in the conversation string. Further to this, when What's app messages appear in the hub, I want to click and arrive at the point in conversation string that was just visible from the hub NOT the bottom of the string!

Second issue, YouTube! On BB10 I used to be able to minimize my music widgets, work in other apps (read, play games etc) and not have the song stop playing. Every time YouTube minimizes on my priv, the song is paused. Help! Thanks in advance.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by smallwonder77; 02-06-16 at 10:58 AM.
    02-06-16 10:26 AM
    You have to buy YouTube red for it to play while minimized.

02-06-16 10:31 AM
    Thanks, but I don't see an app called youtube red in Playstore.

02-06-16 10:35 AM
    Thanks, but I don't see an app called youtube red in Playstore.

It is in the youtube app itself, go to settings

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 10:42 AM
    I totally agree with your comment regarding the Hub. My Priv is my daily business driver and having to open an email string only to have to search the relevant text in the email is absurd and highly unproductive. As well it leaves the email user prone to errors and misdirection . I watched a 2013 Crackberry video of Gary Klassen where he promoted the efforts of his BlackBerry team in developing not only BBM but also the simplicity of opening and authoring emails on BB10. If that simplicity was achievable in BB10 why must the Priv Hub be so awkward and dysfunctional? I get that we live in a world of Android OS and that world is different from 2013 but, come on, the Hub is central to BlackBerry's marketing campaign of Privileged and right now the Priv is more provocative than Privilege.

mundo472 and will308 like this.
    02-06-16 10:53 AM
    Thanks! Found it...but sadly not available in Canada where I am. Is there nothing else that can be done? I like to be able to play music while I do other things in my phone. Any other app suggestion? Songza, Pandora? Google Music?

02-06-16 10:54 AM
    So I am a BB10 user who switched to the Priv. I hate this new OS but I am not returning my Priv at this stage. The hub is horrible. But can someone help me fix it so that replies and forwards don't hide the first email message in the thread? I want to be able to click on the each message in a thread individually FROM THE HUB and not have them aggregate on me only showing the last message in the conversation string. Further to this, when What's app messages appear in the hub, I want to click arrive at the point in conversation string that was just visible from the hub NOT the bottom of the string!

Second issue, YouTube! On BB10 I used to be able to minimize my music widgets, work in other apps (read, play games etc) and not have the song stop playing. Every time YouTube minimizes on my priv, the song is paused. Help! Thanks in advance.

Watch youtube with Mozilla Firefox. Will run while minimized.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    02-06-16 10:56 AM
    Doug! The biggest gap is pinch! I cannot find all my unread emails quickly. Super aggravating.

The P in the Priv Hub stands for Pain!

02-06-16 10:56 AM
    Thanks so what you're saying is that my youtube app should probably be uninstalled? On BB10 the only time the music would stop when minimized was if the phone rang. Even other apps with music or games with sound could often overlap with youtube. For example my Candy crushing could be heard while I listened to a song. If I need a browser (that isn't the native browser) it will take so much longer to get to YouTube, login, and find the songs I want. Is this the only work around?

02-06-16 11:02 AM
    I haven't really looked for your solution I am not a big youtube guy. Maybe someone else around here can help you. Good luck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    02-06-16 11:09 AM
    You have to buy YouTube red for it to play while minimized.

Or you can just use firefox browser instead

02-06-16 11:10 AM
    Doug! The biggest gap is pinch! I cannot find all my unread emails quickly. Super aggravating.

They say pinch is coming. In the meantime at the top is a drop down box that you can filter to unread. You know same way it was done for the first couple of years on BB10 before pinch.

Also your other issue sounds like your messages are in conversation view maybe. Go to hub setting and it's in there.

And already responded to the YouTube thing but just use firefox browser. Its not a Priv limitation or an android limitation but rather something Google does purposely with the YouTube app. And had they taken the time to make a YouTube app for BB10 you can rest assured they would have done then same thing.

02-06-16 11:12 AM
    Thanks everyone. I'll make those adjustments and see what changes.

02-06-16 12:03 PM
    What is pinch? Maybe I've been using it and didn't know what it was called.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 12:12 PM
    What is pinch? Maybe I've been using it and didn't know what it was called.

Posted via CB10
    Pinch to filter in BB10 hub. Pinch the screen and filters to unread emails

02-06-16 01:04 PM
    AGREED 100%
    BB email functionality cannot be compared to what the HUB does in the PRIV. Its just not the same. I hope a future update will blend the hub version better on the PRIV.
    Blackberry is known for their email management and to see the string style on the PRIV is not bad once you figure it out but its not the way BB manages email. My 2 cents!!!

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    02-06-16 01:31 PM
    You don't have to see a string style. Check you hub settings. Mine looks exactly the same as it did on BB10. Conversation view is on by default. Turn that off if your settings.

02-06-16 01:39 PM

True but fairly quickly you can see them by tapping on the top where it writes BlackBerry Hub and select unread messages.
    02-06-16 02:29 PM
    Ditch hangouts as a texting medium try textra it at least let's u know if a msge is going and when it goes or if it doesn't go, tried it for bout a month back in Nov. Much happier w/ textra in general, I live in the country and hangouts is worthless sorry google

~sweetsweetPRIV
    02-06-16 08:30 PM
    Awcrapp... no KB pinch, no good hub, no blend, I'm stumped as to why they branded this BlackBerry anyway since it hasn't got much of it...

Posted via CB10
    L o r d R a j likes this.
    02-06-16 10:24 PM
    Awcrapp... no KB pinch, no good hub, no blend, I'm stumped as to why they branded this BlackBerry anyway since it hasn't got much of it...

Posted via CB10
    Blend and keyboard pinch hardly defines the BlackBerry brand.

I find the HUB on the Priv excellent. I only use Gmail and BBM, so maybe that's why. It's lightning fast and can be opened with a swipe from anywhere. Filtering is great, and swipe left and right toggles read and flag status (the way I set it up).
    02-06-16 10:29 PM
    On Android, YouTubeRed is part of the paid Google Play Music subscription. You can only get it if you have the paid subscription.

https://www.youtube.com/red
    02-07-16 09:52 AM
    YouTube Red is the best option, OG YouTube is the free workaround, and YouTube on a non-Chrome browser is the janky workaround.
    02-07-16 10:00 AM
    I think it's just the settings. Let me play around with it . Over all priv is a great phone
    02-07-16 05:54 PM

I asked BlackBerry about pinch to filter to unread and they say it's coming.

02-08-16 02:49 AM
33 12