So I'm loving my Priv so far, there are just a couple things I'm trying to figure out.

My biggest functional concern is turning the screen brightness all the way up when I'm already outside and cannot see the screen to unlock the phone. I usually keep my screen brightness on minimum because inside, that seems right to me. However, when I go outside and forget to manually adjust, I cannot see the screen at all to unlock it and get to the screen brightness menu in the notification area.

I really hate the automatic brightness leveling that turns the brightness up and down based on ambient light that I had on my last Samsung as it was too sensitive - I really only want to change the brightness myself.

Is there a way to a tasker script that will respond to a series of specific keypresses and turn the brightness to max, even while the phone is locked?

Is there an easier way to do this that I am missing?
    05-10-16 07:53 AM
    You can set rules up that you can trigger via the physical keyboard shortcuts e.g long / short press...

I set up a key for really low, one for medium, one for about 80 percent and another to toggle the auto brightness on and off...

It worked pretty well.. But I have since ditched tasker because most of what I was doing was to in theory save me battery, but I personally found tasker to be a big drain on battery itself in the end.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-10-16 08:37 AM
    I have this same issue, and I used Tasker to check the light level when I turn on the screen and turn up the brightness if it's super bright.

This is what I used, adjust numbers to suit your needs:

Profile: Event, "Display On":
    Task: "Display Brightness", Level 255 if %LIGHT > 2500 & %BRIGHT < 150

%LIGHT is the measured light level, and %BRIGHT is the current display brightness.
    05-10-16 11:12 AM
    I actually just coded a tasker script to do it manually based on this..... I have mine set to turn the volume up and down buttons into brightness up and down buttons for the next 5 seconds after I double tap the right shift key. Works perfect.
    05-10-16 12:25 PM
    I actually just coded a tasker script to do it manually based on this..... I have mine set to turn the volume up and down buttons into brightness up and down buttons for the next 5 seconds after I double tap the right shift key. Works perfect.
    Not familiar with Tasker. Can you perhaps please post exactly how to program what you did here?
    06-01-16 03:29 PM