I want the LED light to be flashing when I get emails, but I don't want the phone to vibrate.

Already turned off the 'vibrate' option in the notification settings in BB Hub, but it still vibrates when I get an email.

I tried putting notifications to priority mode and that would stop getting vibrate for emails but but it stopped the LED as well.

Tried rebooting, nothing changed. Don't know if I missed something here. Is there a way around?

Many thanks!
    01-11-16 04:09 AM
    Usually if your phone is on vibrate mode, any notification coming in as a sound will make the phone vibrate, even if the vibrate toggle is off. So you need to disable the sound for that specific notification.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-11-16 04:42 AM
    Thanks.
    I now disabled the sound for email notification but it still vibrates regardless. >_<
    01-11-16 07:24 AM
    Thanks.
    I now disabled the sound for email notification but it still vibrates regardless. >_<
    same here
    however the vibrate is not that intrusive as text messages so I learned to be ok with it but I had it always disabled on BB10
    01-11-16 11:44 AM
    Yeah guess I'm getting used to it now...a bit.
    01-11-16 12:46 PM
    In the hub settings click on the specific email account and set vibrate to off.

*edit didn't see you tried this already, that's odd.

01-11-16 01:17 PM
    It seems weird that this would not be possible. I am on "Vibrate Only" on BB10 and I only get LED, no vibrate, for my emails. Why shouldn't this be possible on Android?
    01-11-16 05:29 PM
    It seems weird that this would not be possible. I am on "Vibrate Only" on BB10 and I only get LED, no vibrate, for my emails. Why shouldn't this be possible on Android?
    Notification choices in BB10 is different to BlackBerry Priv Android. Most annoying actually. And the Priv vibrate is so weak! For over 15 years I've only used vibrate on all my devices all the time. Now with the Priv I had to change that, I was missing calls, text messages, emails, etc.

Anyway, I digress...
    01-11-16 07:46 PM
    Notification choices in BB10 is different to BlackBerry Priv Android. Most annoying actually. And the Priv vibrate is so weak! For over 15 years I've only used vibrate on all my devices all the time. Now with the Priv I had to change that, I was missing calls, text messages, emails, etc.

Anyway, I digress...
    I've seen vibrate intensity settings on some Android phones. Is that a built in feature or something vendor specific?
    01-11-16 10:43 PM
    There is a vibrate intensity option on the Priv. Albeit, the vibrate of the Priv is simply poor. And, I'm saying this since I've used a Passport, Z10, Note 5, iPhone 6. They all vibrate better. When those devices are in my pocket, I always felt it. With the Priv, you can have it on the desk\table in front of you, and can barely tell that it is vibrating. A shame really, the one feature on the Priv that annoys me...

I've seen vibrate intensity settings on some Android phones. Is that a built in feature or something vendor specific?
    01-12-16 06:53 AM
    I want the LED light to be flashing when I get emails, but I don't want the phone to vibrate.

Already turned off the 'vibrate' option in the notification settings in BB Hub, but it still vibrates when I get an email.

I tried putting notifications to priority mode and that would stop getting vibrate for emails but but it stopped the LED as well.

Tried rebooting, nothing changed. Don't know if I missed something here. Is there a way around?

Many thanks!
    I'm having this same problems. All the setting seem correct (vibrate disabled) but when in vibrate mode my PRIV vibrates when I receive new emails
    03-08-16 08:04 PM
    I suggest you try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.lightmanager

Disable the app's LED notification (in your case everything) then add a LED notification via this. Even allows you to pick colours, that's how I set colour for each app.
    03-08-16 08:44 PM
    There is a vibrate intensity option on the Priv. Albeit, the vibrate of the Priv is simply poor. And, I'm saying this since I've used a Passport, Z10, Note 5, iPhone 6. They all vibrate better. When those devices are in my pocket, I always felt it. With the Priv, you can have it on the desk\table in front of you, and can barely tell that it is vibrating. A shame really, the one feature on the Priv that annoys me...
    I just went looking and did not find any place to alter the intensity. Where can I find it? Thanks
    03-08-16 09:10 PM
    I just went looking and did not find any place to alter the intensity. Where can I find it? Thanks
    For email, go to the Hub, Settings, That Email Account, Vibrate and choose the number...
    03-08-16 09:18 PM
    I suggest you try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.lightmanager

Disable the app's LED notification (in your case everything) then add a LED notification via this. Even allows you to pick colours, that's how I set colour for each app.
    Thanks. I'm trying to avoid adding apps to replace functionality in the OS, but never say never.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-08-16 09:55 PM
    Go to Hub > Settings > Your email > Find Vibrate and turn it off from there.

I usually have the Notification on silent for Emails but Vibrate as One.

Posted via Note 5 till my PRIV comes back
    03-09-16 12:32 AM
    Thanks. I'm trying to avoid adding apps to replace functionality in the OS, but never say never.
    In Android things are different than BB10. OS provides the functions but it's up to the app developer to implement the functionality, same goes for stuff like undoing.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-09-16 05:20 AM
    In Android things are different than BB10. OS provides the functions but it's up to the app developer to implement the functionality, same goes for stuff like undoing.
    Well, I really DON'T like it but appreciate your answer!

If was so nice to have built-in apps to listen to music, view pictures, watch videos. Especially, since those apps did not want to share all of those habits with the entire world or even the developer. And then wants to know my location when doing so.
    Foppa_21 likes this.
    03-09-16 08:52 AM

This has started happening with me again, too. The only way I found to stop it other than an app was to delete and re-add the account. That worked for about a month, now it's back. Hopefully this will be fixed with the next Hub update.

Enjoying the Priv
    03-09-16 09:01 AM
    I have the opposite issue: vibration is set to once and it never vibrates, until I changed it to other numbers and changed it back to once.

03-09-16 09:13 AM
    Well, I really DON'T like it but appreciate your answer!

If was so nice to have built-in apps to listen to music, view pictures, watch videos. Especially, since those apps did not want to share all of those habits with the entire world or even the developer. And then wants to know my location when doing so.
    What about built-in apps for you to listen to music, view pictures, watch videos AND share all of those habits with the entire world and the developer wants to know your location? Microsoft Windows has you covered.

Sadly that is the future, everyone wants to become big brother.
    03-09-16 09:17 AM

I believe I'm setup correctly for just and LED alert for an incoming email. It works perfectly in normal mode, but I get two quick vibrates when in vibrate mode. I guess I wait for a Hub update, or get "an app for that."

Attached Thumbnails Turn off vibrate for email but keep the LED light?-screenshot_2016-03-09-07-41-30.jpg  
    03-09-16 10:01 AM
    Same problem. Not happy about getting vibrate for emails. I want to be in Vibrate mode, but for email and calendar I just want a light.

BBM
    Text
    Calls

Vibrate with light.

The Android notification settings are a disaster compared to BB10.
    03-09-16 11:38 AM
    same here
    however the vibrate is not that intrusive as text messages so I learned to be ok with it but I had it always disabled on BB10
    Anyone found a solution?

Posted via the Priv CrackBerry App for Android
    03-09-16 12:24 PM
    Anyone found a solution?

Posted via the Priv CrackBerry App for Android
    The solution is listed in the thread. It isn't permanent apparently, I think it came back after the latest update. Delete the account and re-add. If that doesn't work, back up and do a factory reset. Then be wary of updating...

Enjoying the Priv
    03-09-16 02:29 PM
28 12