This is what I have done on my PRIV and it improves the battery life quite a lot. A very decent usage too so disable them really helps.

Also install greenify:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sfeng.greenify

Posted via my PRIV
    Attached Thumbnails Try disabling apps to help Priv battery issues-4859.jpg  
    ProjectBrett, pmich and Mr4aces like this.
    02-01-16 09:07 PM
    I'm betting Greenify is doing a lot more for your battery than disabling apps you never use anyway, but yeah can't hurt.
    02-01-16 09:12 PM
    It is a combination of both. Like Google video is useless and its heavy.
    However greenify definitely works really well!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-01-16 10:23 PM
    I downloaded the greenify
    I don't know how to use it though

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-02-16 12:10 AM
    i disabled most of them, i do not understand why doing this will improve battery life where as i cannot see them running in the background. also if you do not use BBM, uninstalling will definitely help. hear mix reviews on greenify :S
    Last edited by henryy; 02-02-16 at 01:48 AM.
    02-02-16 12:27 AM
    Thx for the reminder, disabled BBM and Yahoo finances some days ago but now added a few more. BTW can do that without extra app just go to Settings>Apps>appname and delete data there (if you are privacy concerned) and the push disable/or deinstall with third party apps.
    But beware of disabling green droid icon apps/services could make android not behaving like it should, so always google before disabling unknown stuff.
    02-02-16 01:17 AM
    Have you guys tried Snapdragon's Battery Guru? I used to use this on my S and Note devices. Not sure if it's also as effective on the Priv.

02-02-16 02:58 AM
    I'll give this a try. I used task manager and that would keep apps from working in the background for a little while and apps would open again.

I have nothing to lose this week, I'll try it and see how the battery performs.

Typed or swiped from my BlackBerry Priv
    02-02-16 04:02 AM
    I'll give this a try. I used task manager and that would keep apps from working in the background for a little while and apps would open again.

I have nothing to lose this week, I'll try it and see how the battery performs.

Typed or swiped from my BlackBerry Priv
    Task managers just clear the ram which gives you a performance boost for about 30 seconds until you check your ram again and the apps have loaded it up once again.

Greenify closes an APP, not all just the ones you choose, when your screen is off but doesn't allow it to run again until it's woken up by something. It's great for apps that misbehave. Facebook was a culprit on my phone, had about 6 different wake up paths but they were all keeping Facebook running in the background and taking my phone out of deep sleep. Greenify has sorted that.
    02-02-16 06:33 AM
    Is it enough to just download it
    Or do I need to do anything

02-02-16 10:01 AM
    Add apps that you want to Greenify. And that's it.
    02-02-16 11:25 AM
    Sounds like greenify would have been a great feature to have built into DTEK

Jonneh likes this.
    02-02-16 05:16 PM
    How do you disable it? When I try, it wants to uninstall.
    02-02-16 05:28 PM
    Add apps that you want to Greenify. And that's it.
    I installed on my Passport and it works pretty well too. I used to have a lot of apps running in background from time to time, Greenify can put them in hibernate and won't come back again.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Yatezy likes this.
    02-02-16 11:17 PM
    Don't do jack! The only thing you can do is remove permissions from apps that really don't need them anyways.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 11:37 PM
    CoolerMaster is another app that helps some users.
    02-03-16 11:37 AM
    Greenify does not work with Facebook, only works manually and then the damn thing just keeps reopening again
    02-03-16 02:12 PM
    Thank you... i kept going into the play store to disable certain apps but the built in apps wouldn't let me. Then once i saw your post i realized i could disable them from the 'apps' in settings. THANK YOU!!! This was driving me nuts!
    02-03-16 04:20 PM
    How do you disable it? When I try, it wants to uninstall.
    If you 'disable' preinstalled apps it always deinstalls the updates that were made to this app via playstore. So disabling always means reverting to stock app and silence it:

http://m.androidcentral.com/everythi...s-your-android
    02-03-16 04:47 PM
    Greenify does not work with Facebook, only works manually and then the damn thing just keeps reopening again
    Im unsure if it will work on the non rooted version but if it does you have cut off the wake up paths. Click on the app in Greenify and a pair of scissors should appear in the top. Facebook had about 6 wake up paths for me and i also had to ignore a setting about forcing it to close whilst it was running.
    02-03-16 05:23 PM
    You can lead a horse to water?

Greenify will show you what is running in the back ground.

Turn off these apps

I'm getting 12 hours with very hard use.

BlackBerry PRIV w/9900 Classic backup
    Attached Thumbnails Try disabling apps to help Priv battery issues-62659.jpg  
    02-03-16 07:00 PM
    Have you guys tried Snapdragon's Battery Guru? I used to use this on my S and Note devices. Not sure if it's also as effective on the Priv.

Yes and I'm still on the fence about it.

03-24-16 02:30 PM
    Facebook will hit your GPS a lot even when aren't using the silly app and consume a lot of resources too.

03-24-16 02:33 PM
    Oh Yeah snapdragon will hit your GPS too. Seek out a permission changer app it uninstalls then you immediately reinstall the app and deny whatever permissions you seek to change.
    I have seen two I have one that got kicked out that stripped ads out most applications.
    I hate ads and apps that hit my GPS like Facebook speaking of the devil you can't change Facebook permissions especially GPS but you can fool it just to make em mad.

03-24-16 08:02 PM
    Oh yeah! We go thru all the troubles of lack of app complaints in BlackBerry 10, only to shuts down all the apps on android! Isn't it smart?

BB_Junky, moody, FatOs and 1 others like this.
    03-24-16 10:33 PM
43 12