My Passport is slightly more sensitive than my Priv on cellular networks but the opposite is true on WiFi.
    11-21-15 10:17 PM
    Good post. I have no idea what people are talking about with this 'heat' though. I'm not saying your devices are not getting 'hot', I can't know except for what people post and those app screen shots.

What I can say, without a doubt, is that my PRIV seriously does not get hot. Ever. Has never gotten hot either. I use the Play Store and have done many downloads, stream lots of content. I've gone all over the city with it and have not had a single temperature issue using the providers network or WiFi. All devices get warm, but my PRIV never gets more than slightly warm.

I'm very happy and hopelessly addicted to the PRIV and I don't mind. It's such a dope device.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 10:17 PM
    Good post. I have no idea what people are talking about with this 'heat' though. I'm not saying your devices are not getting 'hot', I can't know except for what people post and those app screen shots.
    I
    What I can say, without a doubt, is that my PRIV seriously does not get hot. Ever. Has never gotten hot either. I use the Play Store and have done many downloads, stream lots of content. I've gone all over the city with it and have not had a single temperature issue using the providers network or WiFi.

I'm very happy and hopelessly addicted to the PRIV and I don't mind. It's such a dope device.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I love my Priv now that I have a working unit or close to full working, I run two phones but need to lighten up my weight and save money on belts and so I may need to swap my Passport out for my HTC One M9 (May God have mercy on my soul) or my Z30. I'll be d*****d if I go back to my iphone no true call blocker 6! (What a joke Apple is).
    Trust me I have just about every model or have had every model.
    11-21-15 10:27 PM
    That's more observation than testing.

You lost me at "loyal BlackBerry". This phone isn't for loyal fans, it's intended for disloyal BlackBerry fans. The loyal ones are still on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure that makes sense.... Blackberry is much more than a single product.

Some may have the opinion loyalty is buying their new products when released.
    Some may also say loyalty is supporting the company and helping to promote new products to diverse users.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    Black Ice likes this.
    11-21-15 10:38 PM
    These issues are very similar to what HTC is going through with the M9 trust me I have it too nice phone but charging issues and or moderately high heat is indeed a problem for both handset manufacturers and someone else posted that they have the same chip and or similar any so Qualcomm seems to be the one to point the finger at not BlackBerry.
    I'm cool with BlackBerry and so a lesser degree with HTC and so these two companies need to march over the Qualcomm and raise some holy hell if they are the guilty party in all this mess.
    Doesn't Samsung run the same chip? And I know they have hot phones and so they may want to have a talk with them too.
    11-21-15 10:42 PM
    Not sure that makes sense.... Blackberry is much more than a single product.

Some may have the opinion loyalty is buying their new products when released.
    Some may also say loyalty is supporting the company and helping to promote new products to diverse users.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    Merriam-Webster definition:
    having or showing complete and constant support for someone or something
    Loyalty isn't a side gig [by definition]. I don't mean buying each and every phone (I'll be on this Z30 until the wheels fall off, then switching to my spare BNIB Z30, and using that til the wheels fall off), I mean jumping ship to iOS and Android pre-Priv days disqualifies you from pulling the loyalty card as so many people here do. There are other words, like being "a fan", "satisfied", "longtime", etc.
    11-22-15 05:40 AM
    I didn't say I would do such a thing I was speaking in general by a few wack job who would and the reputation that would follow and to respond to your question, remember McDonald's and that cup of hot coffee?
    Cell phone manufacturers have been sued in the past, remember iPhone and the available space they false advertised?
    I'm sure a few have sued for house fires caused by phones too.
    A lawyer will sue for breathing too hard if he can prove pain and suffering was caused.
    Good point.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-15 06:30 AM
    I have not had any issues with my Priv whatsoever! It is the best out of the box experience of any phone I have ever bought. One tip I have is on the transfer of files from the previous BlackBerry phone. You have to install first the driver from the Google play store for the SD card for it to work. When you pop in the SD card you will after a bit of time get a notification to do so.

Posted via CB10
    paulbbp and ce71 like this.
    11-22-15 07:45 AM

What I can say, without a doubt, is that my PRIV seriously does not get hot. Ever. Has never gotten hot either. I use the Play Store and have done many downloads, stream lots of content. I've gone all over the city with it and have not had a single temperature issue using the providers network or WiFi. All devices get warm, but my PRIV never gets more than slightly warm.

Posted via CB10
    Did you do a content switch from a BB10 phone?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-22-15 08:01 AM
    Did you do a content switch from a BB10 phone?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Nope only downloaded my contacts from Gmail account and of course synchronized my mail and added some of my apps from my previous android phone.

11-22-15 09:20 AM
    From what I've read the next HTC has a new chip in it if I understand correctly and so aside from updating it with a few features and changing the body to look like an iPhone the only reason I can see why they changed chips is because the same chip we have is notorious for having problems which is not good.
    Qualcomm knew this when they sold BlackBerry those chips and chose not to say anything about it.
    I'm sure the tech guys at BlackBerry knew of it just not the extent of the problem.
    If this is the case I hope BlackBerry goes after Qualcomm for what they did.

11-22-15 09:26 AM
    I can verify that although the signal meter sows lower, the actual reception is better then my Passport.

Same exact SIM card, and I now get signal in two places where my Passport had no signal and needed to use WiFi. Both are places I am in every single week so it is an accurate comparison.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    I can definitely agree with you here. I switched from Verizon and with the Passport I got no service at work (ended up just using their free WiFi).

With the Priv, I'm back to LTE at work as I previously had with my Verizon Z30 so, in my case, the reception is much better than the Passport was.

Same SIM card as well. Just swapped it in when I got the Priv.

11-22-15 10:23 AM
    OK after some digging into this issue I have some to the conclusion that many of us took it in the shorts because of the Qualcomm chip and of course they have denied any issues.
    They have built a new chip but it seems to be for new phones not a retro fit for our phones.
    I have tried to swap out to a lower a amperage chargers 1.5 and still no love.
    And so unfortunately as far as I have read there is no fix for our silicone incorporated chips. The removed silicone in the latest chip don't know if that has anything to do with it but I truly hope that if Qualcomm did pull a fast one that BlackBerry sues Qualcomm till the cows come home and or force Qualcomm to fix our phones forward free.
    This is outrageous!

11-23-15 09:33 AM
    OK after some digging into this issue I have some to the conclusion that many of us took it in the shorts because of the Qualcomm chip and of course they have denied any issues.
    They have built a new chip but it seems to be for new phones not a retro fit for our phones.
    I have tried to swap out to a lower a amperage chargers 1.5 and still no love.
    And so unfortunately as far as I have read there is no fix for our silicone incorporated chips. The removed silicone in the latest chip don't know if that has anything to do with it but I truly hope that if Qualcomm did pull a fast one that BlackBerry sues Qualcomm till the cows come home and or force Qualcomm to fix our phones forward free.
    This is outrageous!

What issues? Links? Are you referring to the 810 chip that is not in the Priv? A lot of people criticized BB for not putting in the latest, fastest technology, to be competitive with other Androids, but are usually the same ones who have no technical clue or know what they are talking about.

Qualcomm?s Snapdragon 808 doesn?t get so hot under the collar | Ars Technica
    Snapdragon 810 v2.1 May Cure Overheating Problems | Digital Trends
    Black Ice likes this.
    11-23-15 01:05 PM
    I am referring to the chip that's in there now and the other version in the HTC ONE M9 that both have charging issues and or heating problems.
    Google has rolled out an update to correct the problem now all some of us need ours updated too.

11-23-15 01:32 PM
    What issues? Links? Are you referring to the 810 chip that is not in the Priv? A lot of people criticized BB for not putting in the latest, fastest technology, to be competitive with other Androids, but are usually the same ones who have no technical clue or know what they are talking about.

Qualcomm?s Snapdragon 808 doesn?t get so hot under the collar | Ars Technica
    Snapdragon 810 v2.1 May Cure Overheating Problems | Digital Trends
    Nope not critical of the chip that's not in there but the one that's inside right now.
    Without competition who's going to get a company like Qualcomm to do better quality control checks?
    But I'm glad to see an update has been issued.
    11-23-15 01:40 PM
    I could almost swear that I saw it refuse to charge as it sat in my cradle that clamps down on top and bottom.
    I'll let you guys know but till then I grip it lightly as possible.
    Learning more about it every day it seems.
    11-23-15 01:43 PM
    So far everything is working fine but if I load up this phone with apps it takes forever to charge and it's almost like the same issue comes back to haunt it.
    And so what I did was of course dump some apps and then changed the permissions of some apps so that a few unnecessary apps are not running in the background and some apps I deleted access to GPS and it saves battery and speeds up my charge time up quite a bit.

01-15-16 12:02 AM
    All of these types of posts are so weird to me. I run my Priv like I run every single device I've ever owned. I don't restrict apps or anything, really. My battery lasts a full day; it gets low, like around 20-30%, if I have an extreme day of use. Regular use (which, I get, is different for every user), I always end my day with around 40-50%. I guess I'm just lucky.
    01-15-16 12:11 AM
    That's more observation than testing.

You lost me at "loyal BlackBerry". This phone isn't for loyal fans, it's intended for disloyal BlackBerry fans. The loyal ones are still on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    What is loyalty?? BlackBerry don't give free phones to loyal? It's BlackBerry itself whose products make you loyal and still you have to pay for being loyal

Posted via Priv...
    01-15-16 12:42 AM
    [

How can you say the keyboard is cramped when it's wider than the Q10 and 9900 keyboard

I also felt like it is cramped. Coming from a Q10 I can say I have easier typing experience on Q10, don't know why but I felt little restricted trying on the PKB

01-15-16 05:53 AM
    When the phone is working properly and not getting hot it's a very nice phone.
    The other thing I've found is when the phone is working properly the battery life is crazy good I'm talking Un plugging 7:00 am and using the **** out of it and going until bedtime around 11:00 pm
    01-15-16 07:17 AM
    I don't even get to use mines like that. The battery life is somewhat better but crazy it ain't happening and I tweak my apps whenever possible to reduce GPS usage and or running either at start up and or background by removing permissions and or the possibility of ads with an old APK that was kicked out by Google that still works great and one other app in the market.

01-15-16 10:01 AM
48 12