I'm just starting a thread to keep track of any issues and annoyances I'm having with my Priv rather than spamming the forum with individual posts.

Latest updates are in BOLD.

System and Device
    • Can't enter numbers in Citrix with PKB
    • Certain times the scroll will stop working until scrolled with screen touch, e.g. BaconReader after opening a post and going back, PKB scrolling stops working. (Feb 19) Raised this with BaconReader's developers.
    • Device runs warm, battery life got drained to 15% throughout only half a day. Although seemingly it's been pretty darn good today after I rebooted this morning. No heatups and I managed to only drain battery down to 80% for a full half day. (Feb-21: this seems to have calmed down after the first 2 days.)
    • Alt lock does not work in some places, e.g. in some Chrome text boxes, have to hold Alt and key. Forgot where I saw this, will circle back when I see it again, but it was in Chrome.
    • No NFC toggle in pulldown quick settings, nor a setting to add it
    • Screenshot noise cannot be muted, even when system notifications are all set to lowest
    • (Feb-14) Scrolling with PKB oversensitive in Good Access
    • (Feb-15) Voice Dialing via Bluetooth does NOT work. All it does when I press my car's button to trigger dialing is it pulls up the Google app, synthetic voice says "say call followed by a number", then crashes saying Google App has stopped. I'm thinking this has something to do with the unit being set to English Canada, and tries to access English US voice files, or some bug of some sort. I fiddled around with the settings once and got it to be stable, but after a reboot it's back to square one.
    • (Feb-17) Add a slide close to hang up except on Bluetooth option
    • (Feb-18) Wi-Fi profiles do not support save and disabled profiles. Removing a profile also deletes the imported certificate associated with it. Not sure if this is an Android thing Google needs to fix.
    • (Feb-19) When plugging in headset and controlling using the headset buttons, sometimes it would adjust ringer volume instead of media volume
    • (Feb-21) On some occasion, after waking the device and inputting the pattern unlock, device goes back to standby mode. Happened a few times, but I can't seem to consistently reproduce this.
    • (Mar-13) WhatsApp's toast notification icon sometimes does not show in Cover view, however if you scroll through the list of notifications, it is there.
    • (Mar-13) Notes and Tasks are NOT backed up, nor an export option is available for device wipe.

BlackBerry Apps
    • Content Transfer creates dupes, notes and tasks all missing carriage returns
    • Notes and Tasks lack folder grouping, insufficient sync options
    • Notes and Tasks lack ability to undo text, especially there is a lot of accidental backswipes on the PKB clearing text. In Android it is responsibility of the app, system does not provide this in the text input subsystem, so BlackBerry needs to implement this.
    • Launcher/App Drawer should allow custom order and/or folders, Default and Alphabetical sort is identical (EDIT Feb-21: I've been reading that Google actually wants to get rid of this in N and have all icons on the home screen pages. So you would end up with a slide right to access apps, just like in BB10.)
    • Hub sometimes misses read indicator sync, especially after reading email via toast notification without opening hub
    • Hub shows multiple replies for WhatsApp group messages
    • Hangouts, Skype and WeChat are not supported in the Hub
    • (Feb-25) Top level view and Custom View in Hub cannot filter subfolders. Basically view should be able to be configured as an unified inbox without showing subfolders
    • (Mar-13) In the Hub, main Hub view displays all headers including those that are not set synced, if any folder is manually synced for 7 days. Need an option to be able to hide emails filed away from main Hub view, read or unread.

Third-Party Apps
    • Good Work opens a lot of cards, but dismissing any of them causes Good to disconnect (EDIT: This is mostly true with Work and Email. After opening any email, you dismiss the Email card and go back to the Work card it just goes back to the main screen)
    • Good Work doesn't seem to support Picture Passwords, mine got disabled when I installed and synced my company policy. Think it's that they can't even enabled it on their end. Not a huge deal because I'm using pattern unlock for now.
    • WhatsApp popup widget does not work, shows blank
    • WeChat links to incorrect paths for Internal storage (/system instead of /storage/emulated/0) and SD Card (/storage/emulated/0 instead of /storage/sdcard1). Reported this to Tencent, but I'm not sure if this is actually them or BlackBerry. If they used the official Android API (Environment.getExternalStoragePublicDirectory), then it falls on BlackBerry because the environment variable is returning incorrect. Leaning towards Tencent because Solid Explorer Classic detects it fine. (Feb 19) Same thing happens with QQ Music (which is also by Tencent), but strangely music from my card loads fine.
    • Keyboard sometimes gets stuck in CB Forums when replying to posts. Tapping backspace does nothing until I use a backswipe. (Feb 19) Same thing also happens with the Mobile Nations Forums app, and it would appear XDA Developers Premium also uses the same app base, though I haven't tried.

Verdict: all in all most of the problems are minor, I'm glad I made the switch. I'm not getting any of the hardware build issues, knock on wood.

(EDIT: Feb-21 noticed a slight click when pressing on they virtual keyboard G,T,Y, areas, but I don't think that's a defect, since you do have to press harder than the usual keyboard tap to feel it.)
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 03-13-16 at 10:09 AM.
    02-13-16 03:40 PM
    • No NFC toggle in pulldown quick settings, nor a setting to add it
    • Screenshot noise cannot be muted, even when system notifications are all set to lowest
    • Launcher should allow custom order and/or folders, Default and Alphabetical sort is identical
    • Keyboard sometimes gets stuck in CB Forums when replying to posts. Tapping backspace does nothing until I use a backswipe.
    Just wanted to give feedback on some of your issues. Very well-written post.

Why do you want an NFC toggle? It uses almost no battery at all when not in use. It doesn't need to constantly poll or anything like other sensors, that's why you can get NFC tag stickers that last forever.

There are apps that can mute screenshot if you want to. It's stupid you have to download an app to do this, but it is what it is for right now.

There are a lot of great custom launchers out there that have this option. The only thing you lose out on is the keyboard shortcuts.

Are you using the Tapatalk app? I haven't had this problem. I do see a lot of people having weird issues with CB's app.
    hemertwv likes this.
    02-13-16 04:46 PM
    So, basically a highly polished device worthy of its price.

Z10, 10.3.2.858, MPJ 5000 mAh extended battery.
    02-13-16 04:56 PM

Hahahahaha, yeah, no.
    02-13-16 05:00 PM
    quite the list there! however almost none of these will be of importance to me as i probably wont use all of that on the phone (if i get it), plus software updates could fix many things.
    as long as no hardware issues
    02-13-16 05:01 PM

Software needs work, that's for sure, and hardware I'm not complaining. I want a phone with PKB that runs Android so I can use it for work, that's the only real choice out there right now. Beggars can't be choosers. It's like buying a manual transmission car these days. You're lucky someone's even offering one.

I got it at a discount over MSRP so I'm happy with it.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 02-13-16 at 05:43 PM.
    02-13-16 05:31 PM
    quite the list there! however almost none of these will be of importance to me as i probably wont use all of that on the phone (if i get it), plus software updates could fix many things.
    as long as no hardware issues
    I'm just opening a central list so if the BB devs are around and reading, they can easily pick it up rather than go through a pile of troll posts. Even better if I can bypass CrackBerry and write into their JIRA, and raise tickets myself haha.
    02-13-16 05:33 PM

Why do you want an NFC toggle? It uses almost no battery at all when not in use. It doesn't need to constantly poll or anything like other sensors, that's why you can get NFC tag stickers that last forever.
    To me I kinda treat sensors like server services, turn it off when not using. Guess my IT security background has something to do with it.

There are apps that can mute screenshot if you want to. It's stupid you have to download an app to do this, but it is what it is for right now.

There are a lot of great custom launchers out there that have this option. The only thing you lose out on is the keyboard shortcuts.
    I just think its something that should be system. Not a huge deal, not like I'm developing on my phone and need to take screencaps every hour.

Are you using the Tapatalk app? I haven't had this problem. I do see a lot of people having weird issues with CB's app.
    I'm using the CB Forums app, not the CrackBerry app.
    02-13-16 05:49 PM
    Battery life somehow magically improved...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12264672
    02-14-16 11:55 AM
    Aren't most of the issues you describe related to apps ?
    Let's say Hub and Keyboard are features so I grant these ones ... but for most other points it seems they're at least related to specific apps usage ...
    Would you consider a title edit ? Just suggest it, I can fix that for you.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-15-16 at 06:21 AM. Reason: oh, my English ! sry.
    02-15-16 06:20 AM
    https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/ for silent screen shot
    02-15-16 07:32 AM

The stickers are unpowered devices (transponders). They get their power from the reader (through electromagnetic induction) interrogating them.

But I do agree that, in theory, idle components should be optimized to consume very little power (not sure how true this ends up being, unfortunately).

Posted via CB10
    jm1219 likes this.
    02-15-16 07:54 AM
    Aren't most of the issues you describe related to apps ?
    Let's say Hub and Keyboard are features so I grant these ones ... but for most other points it seems they're at least related to specific apps usage ...
    Would you consider a title edit ? Just suggest it, I can fix that for you.
    Like I said this is just my own master list, third or first party. That's why I grouped things into different headers. Heck not even sure If I should consider Good to be third party now.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-15-16 08:08 AM
    The stickers are unpowered devices (transponders). They get their power from the reader (through electromagnetic induction) interrogating them.

But I do agree that, in theory, idle components should be optimized to consume very little power (not sure how true this ends up being, unfortunately).

Posted via CB10
    See my reply. I consider sensors to be like services and should be only on when needed. Not so much about power consumption.
    02-15-16 08:09 AM
    Like I said this is just my own master list, third or first party. That's why I grouped things into different headers. Heck not even sure If I should consider Good to be third party now.
    Ok, your take, np.
    02-15-16 08:09 AM
    Updated.
    02-15-16 02:35 PM
    Ok, your take, np.
    Well I guess if the mod team really wants to censor "negativity", guess can change it to "Annoyances/Problems/Wishlist".
    02-15-16 05:06 PM
    Well I guess if the mod team really wants to censor "negativity", guess can change it to "Annoyances/Problems/Wishlist".
    Great list Toni and here are some more:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12206757

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1058495

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1062007
    02-15-16 05:51 PM
    No censorship, maybe more accuracy as it is OS/software related, not device specific, but that's probably me and my average English
    02-16-16 03:12 AM
    Weekly bump, added a few things.
    02-21-16 09:08 AM
    Updated.
    03-13-16 10:09 AM
    If anyone from BlackBerry is reading this post, they are all good points. I did notice however, in the hub, after the change to DST here in Alberta, all my emails showed up in the main view for Outlook. It was if the Hub went back to default settings on its own.

I had to redo a bunch of settings to get back to where it was before the time change.

Anyone else notice this or is it just me. Not a showstopper but it should be fixed I would think.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-13-16 12:42 PM
    The screenshot noise is controlled by media volume, not notification volume. If you mute the media volume setting, you can take silent screenshots.

03-13-16 01:08 PM
    Notes and tasks not backing up problem is a major one... would not want to us a 3rd party app for things like that.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    03-13-16 01:10 PM
    The screenshot noise is controlled by media volume, not notification volume. If you mute the media volume setting, you can take silent screenshots.

This is not true.

@ TS, have a look at my posts and my started threads, maybe you get a few more ideas for your lists.
    03-13-16 02:20 PM
26 12