Hi everyone. I see the price dropped for the ATT to $299, which sounds to good to pass up. But is it better to get the Tmobile version to get more frequent updates or is this the same issue as ATT in that I would have to wait for the carrier (Tmobile) to release them. In other words, is the Tmobile Priv like getting a factory unlocked Priv or is it dependent on Tmobile for the updates? Thanks for your help. This will help me decide which to get. I'm on Tmobile, but I assume the ATT Priv will work fine on Tmobile. Is that a correct assumption? Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 07:42 PM
    The T-Mobile Priv is dependent on T-Mobile still, although they do update somewhat more often than AT&T.
    07-14-16 09:45 PM
    1. The AT&T Priv will work fine on TMO. It's the same model as the one TMO sold.
    2. A TMO Priv is dependent on TMO for updates. It's just like an AT&T Priv that way, but for TMO.
    3. TMO's update cycle is, at best, somewhat better than AT&T's. So while they aren't slow as heck, they aren't exactly setting the update calendar on fire either.

If you decide to get an AT&T Priv, it would make things easy if you also get an activated AT&T SIM card for pulling down OTA updates (like the 6.0 that dropped recently.) If you know someone who could let you borrow their AT&T SIM card every time an AT&T update is available, that'll work too.You could also go the autoloader route, but that will wipe your phone every time you want to update.
    07-14-16 09:50 PM
    ...they aren't exactly setting the update calendar on fire either...
    Everything Raino said #Truth... But this^ is the best thing I've read this evening thus far... Ha!

Anyways, I have the T-Mobile Priv, but if I could do it over again, I'd have purchased direct from BlackBerry, or at the very least BlackBerry unlocked...

I AM a Beta Zone member and I have been semi-fortunate to have had BlackBerry include the T-Mobile-released Priv thrice in their OS Beta program... So hopefully that continues... But otherwise, T-Mobile has come through, but not nearly as quickly as those purchased via BlackBerry/BlackBerry Factory unlocked...

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 11:29 PM
    Thanks you guys for the input. I guess it really won't matter which of the 2 I buy then. I'll make a decision, hopefully by today, to purchase the Priv. At that price, it is worth giving it a go. Thanks again for your help.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 11:27 AM
    I was asking the same thing lol. I guess it doesn't matter if I get the tmobile or at&t

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 04:59 AM