Just spoke with tmo customer support and they will be releasing the update tomorrow. Go tmo.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-02-16 08:28 AM
    Very good for TMO customers...
    05-02-16 08:37 AM
    Very good for TMO customers...
    Verzion, don't hold your breath

05-02-16 08:48 AM
    I checked earlier today with AT&T technical and I was told they have no information in their system regarding Marshmallow OS for the Priv being released May 3.

Not that unusual I'm afraid for AT&T. Left hand never seems to know what the right hand is doing. Those of us on AT&T will definitely know more tomorrow it appears.

Hopefully it will get pushed.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    05-02-16 10:52 AM
    I checked earlier today with AT&T technical and I was told they have no information in their system regarding Marshmallow OS for the Priv being released May 3.

Not that unusual I'm afraid for AT&T. Left hand never seems to know what the right hand is doing. Those of us on AT&T will definitely know more tomorrow it appears.

Hopefully it will get pushed.

Bob

Don't be too nervous. AT&T has been really reliable with updates on the priv. It may not come tomorrow but I don't expect it to take too long.

05-02-16 11:01 AM
    Don't be too nervous. AT&T has been really reliable with updates on the priv. It may not come tomorrow but I don't expect it to take too long.

I'm not nervous and yes, I agree AT&T has been good as compared to the other US carriers releasing updates up to this point.

That being said even though I had inquired previously about these updates I was never able to get a confirmation they were in fact being released. Just typical AT&T policy I guess when a customer makes an inquiry... they have yet to confirm when asked but it does get pushed.

Hopefully that will be the case tomorrow or soon thereafter.

Bob

05-02-16 11:06 AM
    I'm hoping for tomorrow as well... considering that all my apps on my phone just upgraded.....
    05-02-16 11:25 AM
    I'm hoping for tomorrow as well... considering that all my apps on my phone just upgraded.....
    That is a good sign. I am on a ShopBlackBerry Priv. The apps upgraded the day before I got Marshmallow.
    05-02-16 01:44 PM
    Apps really don't mean anything though. The two are independent of each other other than the app updates had to be available before Marshmallow.
    05-02-16 01:59 PM
    Do we really need marshmallow, all of the apps have been updated. I thought I would have to get mm to get these new features.

andy957 likes this.
    05-02-16 02:31 PM
    Do we really need marshmallow, all of the apps have been updated. I thought I would have to get mm to get these new features.

marshmallow is more about behind the scenes. everything i have been hearing indicates excellent battery and lowered heat.
    JWW likes this.
    05-02-16 02:51 PM
    I doubt tmo is updating the Priv tomorrow as the beta for it hasn't even come out yet. BlackBerry ran into some problems with it last week and put off beta testing to this week sometime.

05-02-16 05:54 PM
    No doubt everyone that has a carrier locked Priv will be checking for the Marshmallow update tomorrow... 😀

I'm going to wait until either I get a notification from AT&T or read on CB it has been pushed. I'm not in a tremendous hurry to get Marshmallow so when it's officially released, whenever that is, I will download it. I think there is going to be a lot of people complaining about their carrier tomorrow... 😢

Bob

05-02-16 06:18 PM
    As much as I'm praying for a tmobile release tomorrow... I highly doubt a customer service rep would know the answer realistically. It's such a small phone on their network I can't imagine many tmobile customer service reps would even know what it is.
    It is really lame that carrier branded phones can only be updated via the carrier. This makes no sense since shopbb phones are being used on every carrier. Why would blackberry specifically prevent users from autoloading the master releases BlackBerry creates? I doubt att, tmobile, and Verizon even demanded that restriction. Why would they? All of them would know how few privs would be on their network anyways.

JWW likes this.
    05-02-16 06:44 PM
    As much as I'm praying for a tmobile release tomorrow... I highly doubt a customer service rep would know the answer realistically. It's such a small phone on their network I can't imagine many tmobile customer service reps would even know what it is.
    It is really lame that carrier branded phones can only be updated via the carrier. This makes no sense since shopbb phones are being used on every carrier. Why would blackberry specifically prevent users from autoloading the master releases BlackBerry creates? I doubt att, tmobile, and Verizon even demanded that restriction. Why would they? All of them would know how few privs would be on their network anyways.

We will see tomorrow, if it's not there , I will call them. Tmo news also said it's being released tomorrow

05-02-16 07:20 PM
    Why would blackberry specifically prevent users from autoloading the master releases BlackBerry creates?
    Are you inferring this from a lack of autoloaders or is BB actually doing something to prevent carrier phone owners from installing them?
    05-02-16 10:05 PM
    The carrier phones can't use the universal autoloaders even tho they are the same hardware models... why is that?

05-02-16 10:29 PM
    The carrier phones can't use the universal autoloaders even tho they are the same hardware models... why is that?

Internal software voodoo. Comparing the startup scripts for each image can show that some variants have different partition setups for some reason. That would definitely lead to a brick.
    05-02-16 10:36 PM
    OK, so BB is preventing carrier devices from installing unlocked autoloaders. Welcome to Android, I suppose.
    05-03-16 12:30 PM
    It's the carriers making the demand for this. They don't want devices that are sold by them but don't have their bloatware on said device, some of which they try to use to get you to buy subscription things (like traffic-based mapping.) If they get one schmuck to put a $10/month option on their plan this way it puts a nice spike on their ROI for the devices they sell, which is why they do it.

This is arguably an illegally-tied sale attempt (under US anti-trust law -- in the US anyway) but of course in this day and age where the ENTIRE medical system in the US is an illegally-tied sale scheme (for health "insurance") expecting anyone at the DOJ to care is well down the list of "never gonna happens."
    05-03-16 02:41 PM
    Closing this, since you know, it didn't happen lol.
    dakid72 and raino like this.
    05-04-16 07:55 AM