So sick of hearing negative comments on the new blackberry Priv. They need to shut up and let the phone settle in and the software to mold with with hardware and processor so it run smoothly instead of trying to play riptide 2 right out the box. Also I'm sick of none blackberry user give negative review on a brand new class of blackberry if they never use a BlackBerry before and just now getting one just because it's powered by android Wrong Move. I want to see more positive reviews on the Priv and hopefully BlackBerry will update it to the point it's smooth as OS10 but idk about android making the BlackBerry Priv smooth as it needs to be.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 05:15 PM
    Focus on the user reviews. The majority of users love the device.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 05:18 PM
    Please tell me English is your second language.

Posted with BlackBerry Z30
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    12-10-15 05:19 PM
    Oh please stop. We are not 5 years old. People have different opinions.....its life. The Priv isn't perfect. No BlackBerry is perfect....no device is perfect. If someone has a complaint they have every right to say so. Don't know what world ya'll live in that u believe every review needs to be glowing or that they NEED to wait and let it settle in. Smh

Posted via CB10
    Esi_T, kirson, David Tyler and 5 others like this.
    12-10-15 05:44 PM
    BlackBerry's new motto..."Just let it settle" ^TM
    12-10-15 06:00 PM
    Well maybe the Priv just isn't that great... all the negative reviews I've read make sense. Most of the issues they complain about obviously do exist based on this forum
    Esi_T, dusanvn and kbz1960 like this.
    12-10-15 06:08 PM
    Well maybe the Priv just isn't that great... all the negative reviews I've read make sense. Most of the issues they complain about obviously do exist based on this forum
    Obviously not a Priv owner. My Priv is awesome, much faster than my wife's top end Motorola and it's a beast. I've given it a beating unfortunately and it has very few marks...although it now has the "click" after three drops. One from five feet on tile, another on the deck and on the driveway!! I'm impressed with this phone. It isn't for everyone, but it's the perfect phone for me!

Posted from my Priv
    12-10-15 06:16 PM
    Last time I checked reviews were given on out of the box performance. Since when are reviewers expected to wait a month before they post a review of a device? They can do a follow up review, but out of the box is what people are going to judge a device on.
    Esi_T, kirson, David Tyler and 6 others like this.
    12-10-15 06:27 PM

Your funny....

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    12-10-15 06:45 PM
    So your saying that reviews SHOULDN'T do their job correctly??

Sent from my Passport
    12-10-15 06:51 PM

English is you're second language.
    12-10-15 06:58 PM
    Go read reviews on Amazon and AT&T's site...Mostly 4.5 - 5 star reviews! Does that mean it's perfect? Absolutely not. But clearly, people are enjoying their PRIV's. Now if only Verizon would freakin release it already, I would know if I enjoy mine too...

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 07:12 PM
    Oh please stop. We are not 5 years old. People have different opinions.....its life. The Priv isn't perfect. No BlackBerry is perfect....no device is perfect. If someone has a complaint they have every right to say so. Don't know what world ya'll live in that u believe every review needs to be glowing or that they NEED to wait and let it settle in. Smh

Posted via CB10
    People do have different opinions, but it's one thing to acknowledge that and another to treat all opinions as equal. Some are more reasonable than others.

With respect to the Priv, when people are complaining about things that can be easily fixed or things that can be accomplished with an app, the opinion about the device becomes less and less meaningful. Some complaints are even trivial or ignorant.

For example, there were early reviews that complained that the Priv lacked a fingerprint scanner relative to other devices in its class. How is that a *reasonable* complaint when it was explicitly addressed by BlackBerry prior to launch? It wasn't as if BlackBerry plum forgot to add one or neglected to do so; it was never even an option due to security concerns. That would be like complaining that your four-cylinder wasn't manufactured with a six-cylinder. It's obviously not a reasonable complaint because it was never a possibility nor the intention of the engineers to do such a thing. That's just laziness on the part of the reviewer to find a legitimate drawback. If you want to chalk it up as a wish (i.e. "It would be neat if..."), that's one thing, but to treat that as a serious con, as if the device is somehow actually made worse because of that, is another.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-10-15 07:20 PM
    English is you're second language.
    English is you are second language?
    12-10-15 07:43 PM
    Go read reviews on Amazon and AT&T's site...Mostly 4.5 - 5 star reviews! Does that mean it's perfect? Absolutely not. But clearly, people are enjoying their PRIV's. Now if only Verizon would freakin release it already, I would know if I enjoy mine too...

Posted via CB10
    For what it's worth, it's the same with BB10 handsets.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 07:49 PM
    BlackBerry's new motto..."Just let it settle" ^TM
    As opposed to androids, " give up, it never settles?" Lol. They all got issues.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    12-10-15 07:59 PM
    People do have different opinions, but it's one thing to acknowledge that and another to treat all opinions as equal. Some are more reasonable than others.

With respect to the Priv, when people are complaining about things that can be easily fixed or things that can be accomplished with an app, the opinion about the device becomes less and less meaningful. Some complaints are even trivial or ignorant.

For example, there were early reviews that complained that the Priv lacked a fingerprint scanner relative to other devices in its class. How is that a *reasonable* complaint when it was explicitly addressed by BlackBerry prior to launch? It wasn't as if BlackBerry plum forgot to add one or neglected to do so; it was never even an option due to security concerns. That would be like complaining that your four-cylinder wasn't manufactured with a six-cylinder. It's obviously not a reasonable complaint because it was never a possibility nor the intention of the engineers to do such a thing. That's just laziness on the part of the reviewer to find a legitimate drawback. If you want to chalk it up as a wish (i.e. "It would be neat if..."), that's one thing, but to treat that as a serious con, as if the device is somehow actually made worse because of that, is another.

Right that's all I'm saying is give it a chance bet it if was an iphone it would be a different story.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 08:09 PM
    You and me both!!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 08:10 PM
    So sick of hearing negative comments on the new blackberry Priv. They need to shut up and let the phone settle in and the software to mold with with hardware and processor so it run smoothly instead of trying to play riptide 2 right out the box. Also I'm sick of none blackberry user give negative review on a brand new class of blackberry if they never use a BlackBerry before and just now getting one just because it's powered by android Wrong Move. I want to see more positive reviews on the Priv and hopefully BlackBerry will update it to the point it's smooth as OS10 but idk about android making the BlackBerry Priv smooth as it needs to be.

Posted via CB10
    The worst complainers are the BB10 extremists. They're upset that BB10 is going to fall by the wayside. But... doesn't matter... they can cry all the way. BB10 will eventually be nothing but a memory.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-10-15 08:11 PM
    So your saying that reviews SHOULDN'T do their job correctly??

Sent from my Passport
    No there doing there jobs I notice some reviewers saying "oh this is my first BlackBerry" so already they think it's supposed to class leading the the Note 5 or Iphone 6s. I see there points but BlackBerry user are use to the modest speeds and don't need bells and whistle to do the basic things on our phone there not a show boat of speed and features but a show case of class and being different. That's my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 08:13 PM
    Well its been almost a month now and I still can't play Injustice without the phone heating up terribly and crashing. So some of these reviews are more than just blindly negative. If my phone needs more than a month, which none of my other android phones have needed, then I'm not sure I want a Blackberry android when a galaxy edge with a keyboard attachment might give me the same functionality without the heat. I mean it might not be as good as a Blackberry keyboard but at least it gets me closer without burning my fingers.

12-10-15 08:14 PM
    In the end, reviews don't mean much. I'll just leave this here.... How apple nerds reacted to the iPod in 2001 (13 Photos)
    http://thechive.com/2015/10/26/how-a...001-13-photos/

12-10-15 08:17 PM
    The worst complainers are the BB10 extremists. They're upset that BB10 is going to fall by the wayside. But... doesn't matter... they can cry all the way. BB10 will eventually be nothing but a memory.
    BB10 and windows phone will soon be joining webOS.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    12-10-15 08:18 PM
    BB10 and windows phone will soon be joining webOS.
    Absolutely.

Sad to say... but someday my Q10, Z30, and Passport will be in my drawer with my Palm Tungsten, Palm TX, and Palm LifeDrive.
    12-10-15 08:22 PM
    I like design of the smartphone. Quite different and practical for Priv
    12-10-15 08:24 PM
83 123 ...