http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...droid-1084916/

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    09-12-16 05:08 AM
    Tips for saving data and battery
    Move location on / off to settings shortcut screen, then leave location OFF unless you are actually using it.
    (If it's on the shortcut screen, it's quick and easy to toggle on and off)
    Open Settings Data, make sure Queue Cellular Data is ON
    On the same screen, scroll down the apps, anything that does not need to be logging onto the cellular network when it is closed and not being used, (that would be almost all of them) need to be restricted -tap on the app, data usage for that app will appear, along with a toggle to Restrict app background data. (I'm looking at Chrome on that screen now - does it need to log onto the cellular net and report whateve rback to Google, while it's in my pocket and not being used? I think not!) Note that it will work as normal when I open it, as it is no longer background, until I close it.
    An example of an app that needs background data would be whatever weather app you might be using.

Open Location, tap the 3 dot, (whatever it's called) tap Scanning turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning OFF. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth will still work as normal, it's just no longer constantly looking for other possible connections. If you connect to a lot of different and new public Wi-Fi, you might want to leave Wi-Fi scanning ON, though it has no effect on hotspots already set up.

If you have a lot of apps, and open one that happens to be power intensive, it's not just that app using power, you also have the 4 or 6 or 10 other apps running background adding to the drain.

There are other ways to conserve battery without crippling phone, the above saves battery and data.
    Please stop the fact based suggestions............................this is Crack Berry ......just hysteria works fine.....LOL

PS good take on phone control, i would add one more item and that is loaded games. Turn off the run in background to help also.
    09-12-16 09:20 AM
    Turn off your gps, wifi, and data network.
    LOL, it would make more sense to get a different phone. All those are the essence of what a smartphone is.
    FF22 and chain13 like this.
    09-12-16 11:55 AM
    This seems to have been solved with the latest update.
    09-12-16 12:17 PM
    If you have a lot of apps, and open one that happens to be power intensive, it's not just that app using power, you also have the 4 or 6 or 10 other apps running background adding to the drain.
    Yes sir thats why I am telling you to send to Blackberry an email saying blackbery please make an app that can close all the background apps on android even if i close it and after that they are still running procesed in background , just do it maybe next month you ll have it in the next update!!!!!
    Blackberry needs this app for their android devices then everything will work even far more fast and more responsive ..
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-12-16 03:37 PM
    My usage patterns are the same on my G4 and Priv.

Both run on M.

I basically sms a lot, email via Hub using push foe Gmail. Whatsapp, instagram, and twitter. Almost always close the app when done.

The G4 gets warm occasionally when I have multiple apps going or watching a long video.

The Priv on the other hand, just by checking Hub and doing basic tasks like texting and email, twitter, can get really hot like I can feel it through the case....

Not only that but the sms app lags and so does the hub...

It's kind of a joke really for such an expensive phone.... The camera sucks too lolll.

Shane really as the bb suite is amazing and the Priv is sexy as hell.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-15-16 05:35 PM
    LOL, it would make more sense to get a different phone. All those are the essence of what a smartphone is.
    LOL, what would you expect from here?
    If he asked in xda, then the answer would be different.
    It's just blackberry can't optimize it yet.
    09-16-16 10:21 AM
32 12