TIDAL app is behaving strangely on my PRIV. Downloaded content plays okay and keeps going through the play queue (playlist, album, or manually added to play queue) IF I have it playing through Bluetooth headphones, but if I plug headphones into the 3.5 mm jack it usually stops at the end of each song (until I hit Play to play the next song). The same thing happens if I test it with no external speakers.

It seems to be only with TIDAL. And it's intermittent -- occasionally it will keep playing the whole list.

I emailed TIDAL tech support and got the most bizarre response: "We don't support BlackBerry phones even if they're running on Android." That was it.

(Next week or two I plan to try the USB port with an OTG cable and DAC, but I'm not very optimistic and would still like the option of using the 3.5 mm jack.)

My only other options will be Spotify, I guess, though I'm told it's not as high-res. (And this app I want to use, USB Audio Player PRO, apparently works with TIDAL but not with Spotify, based on what a tech at a DAC maker told me.)
    02-24-17 02:26 AM
    I got this solved... it seems so far... by using a USB DAC (DragonFly Black). And the audio quality is way better! Cost $120 with cable and shipping, but seems worth it if one is into high-res music. (USB Audio Player Pro doesn't seem to play nicely with Tidal, but also isn't needed.)
    03-02-17 02:45 PM
    I have the same exact problem on my Priv, you have to manually press play to start the next song on wired headphones with offline content. Sometimes it can play a whole album through, sometimes you have to hit play for every song. The only "fix" I found is setting the crossfade to one second then it's an awkward skip in between songs. I also noticed it has a hard time playing hifi content via blootooth but plays high and normal modes fine. I also find it odd Tidal would respond in an email about not supporting BlackBerry. If it supports android, Priv should be no different. Amazing my bb10 devices run an android app like Tidal better than my Priv which is an Android phone.
    03-03-17 03:37 PM
    I have the same exact problem on my Priv, you have to manually press play to start the next song on wired headphones with offline content. Sometimes it can play a whole album through, sometimes you have to hit play for every song. The only "fix" I found is setting the crossfade to one second then it's an awkward skip in between songs. I also noticed it has a hard time playing hifi content via blootooth but plays high and normal modes fine. I also find it odd Tidal would respond in an email about not supporting BlackBerry. If it supports android, Priv should be no different. Amazing my bb10 devices run an android app like Tidal better than my Priv which is an Android phone.
    I find it interesting you have a BB10 device running Tidal well. I inquired about that and was told my Z30 was running a core component that was too old to support what Tidal needs (I forget what it was -- I think related to Android or the Play Store or its services or something).

It's also VERY interesting to learn that the crossfade fix will solve the problem of stopping after each song! I'm super happy you discovered that and shared it, because using the USB DAC is providing absolutely awesome sound quality and seems entirely compatible (Audioquest dragonfly + priv = perfection).

I just wish I knew how durable the USB port really is with this USB DAC connected and my frequent handling of the phone.

As to the Bluetooth issue you're having, that's really common. See here and here.

(I didn't realize the BT sputtering issue lessened with the lower quality files but I'd prefer to use the higher-quality files -- though I guess with Bluetooth there's a big question as to whether you'll even notice the difference with the higher quality files anyway.)
    03-03-17 04:11 PM
    I find it interesting you have a BB10 device running Tidal well. I inquired about that and was told my Z30 was running a core component that was too old to support what Tidal needs (I forget what it was -- I think related to Android or the Play Store or its services or something).

It's also VERY interesting to learn that the crossfade fix will solve the problem of stopping after each song! I'm super happy you discovered that and shared it, because using the USB DAC is providing absolutely awesome sound quality and seems entirely compatible (Audioquest dragonfly + priv = perfection).

I just wish I knew how durable the USB port really is with this USB DAC connected and my frequent handling of the phone.

As to the Bluetooth issue you're having, that's really common. See here and here.

(I didn't realize the BT sputtering issue lessened with the lower quality files but I'd prefer to use the higher-quality files -- though I guess with Bluetooth there's a big question as to whether you'll even notice the difference with the higher quality files anyway.)
    Yes my z30 and Passports run tidal pretty good. Only issue is occasionally it would take a while to load the 'What's New' screen, but as far as playback it was money.
    03-03-17 06:21 PM
    https://rbhsound.com/epsb.php
    Yes my z30 and Passports run tidal pretty good. Only issue is occasionally it would take a while to load the 'What's New' screen, but as far as playback it was money.
    Darned. I wish I knew that sooner. One big advantage to running Tidal on the Z30 over the Priv is that the Z30 supports aptX while the Priv does not, which apparently matters when I use my Bluetooth IEM's (I found the EP-SB's by RBH Sound to be the beast for sports use after tons of research and trying various products). I'll have to try it. I'm not sure "how," though.

This is where I ended up when I was looking int it a while back (I was advised by a "moderator" here that it won't work, and I left it at that): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lease-1096685/
    03-03-17 07:33 PM
    I finally tried setting Tidal on the phone to Crossfade = On at 1 sec and sure enough it did solve the issue of it not playing through to the next song automatically. (I have yet to be able to really judge if it sounds weird with some songs or not.)
    bigjman likes this.
    03-19-17 01:55 PM