Retracted.
    02-02-16 03:41 AM
    do you know how to turn it on....?
    03-04-16 11:52 PM
    Swipe up on the icon and it activates a pop up widget.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    WaynerobJohn likes this.
    03-05-16 09:23 AM
    the widget swipe is a nice feature, i have it on my Sony Ultra with Cobalt's bbry hack, which just got more stable and usable with the latest updates but it's not a feature on my Nexus5 running marshmallow??? Maybe some setting i have not yet found or enabled.
    03-05-16 10:09 AM
    I think they might represent apps that are currently running in the background and/or are open. Since it doesn't have active frames bbry might have implemented this is a way for users to know which apps are running without having to check the running app pane.

Thoughts??

Posted via CB10
    gizmo21 likes this.
    04-28-16 02:48 PM
    The three dot represent that the app has widgets.
    08-20-16 12:42 PM
    http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...?itok=z_DmZGXc
    http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...?itok=5Yj9zz8c

Didn't see a thread on this, but there was some speculation on the front page so I figured it could use a thread here as well.

The only reasonable thing I can think of is: Quick Actions.

Since the "three dots" on the keyboard appear on the 0/Mic button, and the icons that the "three dots" appear below are ones you'd expect to have Quick Actions, I think that is a very reasonable assumption. Not to mention how important Quick Actions have always been for (efficient) BlackBerry users, they have always been a very big part of the BB Experience.
    So I'd be very surprised if this isn't some sort of hint at Quick Actions support as another one of the BlackBerry-specific additions to the OS.
    Hey, as a big BlackBerry lover, in particular of Classic and PRIV, here "the solution" : with pop-up widgets (3 points!!) you can view any app widget simply by swiping up or down a cross the icon on your home screen, giving you fast access "to the information you need, when you need it.! Ok?
    09-04-16 08:12 AM
    The 3 dots under an app icon are to access the popup widgets for that app:

http://m.androidcentral.com/what-are...o-you-use-them

I don't know about the mic key on the on the PKB, but I doubt it is related.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android using my fancy new PRIV. #VZWHATESPRIVOWNERS
    09-04-16 10:46 PM
    Maybe people should read a thread before replying... The question about the 3 dots has been answered several times... :P

Posted from my Priv
    Wezard and bigjman like this.
    09-05-16 05:38 AM
    Maybe people should read a thread before replying... The question about the 3 dots has been answered several times... :P

Posted from my Priv
    That's been a reoccurring theme here. People to lazy to read a few posts up before their own post.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 12:18 PM
    The three white dots under app icons means that there's a widget available for this app.

There is an option under "home screen options" to delete the white dots.

On my Dtek 50 it is called "Contextual Widgets".

I found it after checking for options for icon packs.
    12-30-16 04:19 PM
    On mine you swipe to the left & it takes you to another page, then another, then.....depending on what you have loaded.
    12-30-16 04:25 PM
    The three dots indicate a "pop up widget" . You can flick up on the icon, and access a widget you have offered to you (it saves choice after initial selection).
    12-30-16 05:41 PM
    On mine you swipe to the left & it takes you to another page, then another, then.....depending on what you have loaded.
    I *THINK* you are referring to the lower dots in the attached photo, above the lower row of Icons. They show how many home pages you've created with apps and as you say, you can Swipe left or right to see other home pages. Or you can actually tap one of the dots, say, the third one, and move automatically to the third home page. 6th dot and move to the 6th Homepage.

The THREE dots nearer the top, under the Calendar Icon opens widgets associated with that App. Firefox also has a widget as does VLC and other apps on that home page.

The three horizontal dots under App Icons: what could they mean?-screenshot_20161230-161123.jpg
    12-30-16 06:21 PM
64 123