I'm on my third, and I'm getting frustrated, but I know it has to be SOMETHING I can change.

I have multiple problems. With every phone. I've done FDRs on all. I have also Uninstalled and NOT USED FB, messenger, etc. Phone says current update was March 3, and that I am current.

Here are my issues:

-Gets hot. 50% of the time I use it.
    -Battery won't even last 12hrs. But according to usage, nothing is really eating it.
    -LED flashes red/green/ blue for bug report once a day or more. Not sure what to do with that.
    -Freezes, lags HORRIBLY. The other day it took me 5 minutes to get Maps to come up.
    -Things won't respond. I get ''UI System isn't responding'' a lot

I JUST got this phone today. And it's doing most everything I've listed already.

My husband has the same phone, does the same things, and his is just fine.

Please tell me there's something I can fix with this phone. Thanks 😊
    04-26-17 12:02 AM
    I'm on my third, and I'm getting frustrated, but I know it has to be SOMETHING I can change.

I have multiple problems. With every phone. I've done FDRs on all. I have also Uninstalled and NOT USED FB, messenger, etc. Phone says current update was March 3, and that I am current.

Here are my issues:

-Battery won't even last 12hrs. But according to usage, nothing is really eating it.
    -LED flashes red/green/ blue for bug report once a day or more. Not sure what to do with that.
    -Freezes, lags HORRIBLY. The other day it took me 5 minutes to get Maps to come up.

I JUST got this phone today. And it's doing most everything I've listed already.

Please tell me there's something I can fix with this phone. Thanks ������
    Did you restore from a backup? Or is this "new" out of the box and it is already acting up? If you restored, it might be something astray in your apps or settings or data? I would do a Factory Reset or reload the OS using an Autoloader and do NOT immediately restore anything - use it for a day or two in it clean state and see how it performs.

If you have a case on it, leave it off on the off chance it is affecting something obscure.

I don't know anything about the Beta and that bug reporting sequence. There should be a way to terminate that state???

Good luck.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    04-26-17 12:10 AM

Here are my issues:

Please tell me there's something I can fix with this phone. Thanks 😊
    Did you restore from a backup? Or is this "new" out of the box and it is already acting up? If you restored, it might be something astray in your apps or settings or data? I would do a Factory Reset or reload the OS using an Autoloader and do NOT immediately restore anything - use it for a day or two in it clean state and see how it performs.

If you have a case on it, leave it off on the off chance it is affecting something obscure.

I don't know anything about the Beta and that bug reporting sequence. There should be a way to terminate that state???

Good luck.
    04-26-17 12:10 AM

Good luck.
    Thank you for the response.

The second one I didn't restore. This one I did. They both acted the same way, although I will say it took longer on the second, so it must be an app, I just will need to figure out which.

No case. Just a screen protector.

Thanks again. I'm going to dump Apps one at a time.
    04-26-17 12:25 AM
    First day phone getting hot is normal.
    First thing is first, at this point you should factory reset your phone and start over.

As soon as that's done, keep the phone on a charger and update your OS (go to settings, then go to about, then go to system update)

Once that's done, update all your apps from the playstore.

Once that's done, start adding your accounts and new apps that you want to use.

Keep in mind: during this process your phone will get very hot for the entire time. Downloading and installing a ton of updates is extremely intensive and it's normal that the phone gets hot.

After the first few days, the phone should be running perfectly.
    04-26-17 12:30 AM
    Keep in mind: during this process your phone will get very hot for the entire time. Downloading and installing a ton of updates is extremely intensive and it's normal that the phone gets hot.
    True, but it shouldn't lag or freeze.

@OP, yes, it's most likely an app, btw, both me and my wife use FB, FB Messenger etc. with no issues. Those apps are quite fine now.
    It could also be some kind of network issue. Try using it without a SIM card if you can and see if it's any better. I heard of people fixing seemingly unrelated problems by replacing their SIM cards. Also, the red green blue flashing shouldn't occur on its own. Are you sure you're not making a screenshot and holding the buttons for too long? That's what normally triggers bug reporting.
    04-26-17 12:42 AM
    I would recommend adding your apps one by one. Wait to see if there is an issue like you have reported. Then you will know what app is the culprit.

Or list the apps you have on your phone in this thread. There may be one that we recognize causes issues.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    04-26-17 06:44 AM