Hello

i am thinking of picking one up but can anyone help me with the following questions or confirm any of the issues??

1 I hear there is serious lag with the keyboard typing and camera when taking pictures
    2 No default video/gallery/music player, so does that mean i have to purchase the apps?
    3 front camera poor for skype,
    4 I have a fenix 3 watch is that and the garmin app compatible with Priv
    11-25-15 09:59 AM
    Hello

i am thinking of picking one up but can anyone help me with the following questions or confirm any of the issues??

1 I hear there is serious lag with the keyboard typing and camera when taking pictures
    2 No default video/gallery/music player, so does that mean i have to purchase the apps?
    1. Unfortunately yes. Big time.
    2. Yes but there are loads of free apps
    3. Unfortunately yes. Big time...
    4. Not sure mate

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    fazzioo likes this.
    11-25-15 10:11 AM
    My advice is that unless you just have to have it right now would be to wait until they take care of some of the software bugs. Unless that is you don't want to use any of the BlackBerry software on the device.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    11-25-15 11:13 AM
    Hello

1. I have ZERO lag with the onscreen keyboard
    2. Use Google Photos and Google Play Music both are free.
    3. Front camera is not the best but it works "ok".
    4. Search google play for Garmin.
    11-25-15 12:22 PM
    Hello

I have been using a Priv for several weeks. Regardless of what you may read on here, there are no major issues, and yes, that also includes the Hub.

Most of the negativity you read in the forum comes from people not understanding the Android OS, people unable to accept change, people with a natural predisposition for crying and complaining, and even some people lacking emotional maturity (smashing your phone like a juvenile).

This is an exceptional phone. I will NOT be returning to my Passport, Z30, Z10, or Q10.

Raul7 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    11-25-15 12:27 PM
    #4 yes definitely; I have a Fenix 3 and it works fine.

I have no argument with the front camera; it works fine for what it is intended for. I also have no issue with lag in general; the camera is a bit slow IF HDR is turned on (well, what do you want when you have to process the three 18mp images first!) and there IS a music/video/etc player (Google's) but IMHO it sucks. There are only a few dozen alternatives on the Play Store, some free.
    11-25-15 12:46 PM
    I've been using my Priv for exactly 1 week. Here are my answers to your questions:

1 - I have absolutely no lag with either keyboard. If there is any lag with the camera, I don't notice it at all. This camera is a million times better than the camera on my Passport and correspondingly about 100,000 times better than the camera on my Z10. My conclusion after reading hundreds of forum posts and reviews is that people seem to think that since the camera on the Priv isn't infinitely better than the best phone cameras on the market, it is junk. This is definitely not the case.

2 - Like others have already replied, there are a number of excellent, free options here.

3 - The front camera is more than adequate for Skype. Keep in mind that 1080x1920 HD video only works out to 2.07 megapixels.

4 - I don't have the Fenix but if it is compatible with Android OS, then it should work on the Priv.
    11-25-15 12:59 PM
    Thanks for the advice and feedback.. I went to my local Carphone warehouse, unfortunately they didnt have one for me to try out, but I am still tempted.

11-25-15 05:39 PM
    I love mine -- my Passport is for sale.

11-25-15 05:41 PM
    I have been using a Priv for several weeks. Regardless of what you may read on here, there are no major issues, and yes, that also includes the Hub.

Most of the negativity you read in the forum comes from people not understanding the Android OS, people unable to accept change, people with a natural predisposition for crying and complaining, and even some people lacking emotional maturity (smashing your phone like a juvenile).

This is an exceptional phone. I will NOT be returning to my Passport, Z30, Z10, or Q10.

This is completely wrong. I know very well how to use android and there are massive issues on my device. It depends on what build you get.

11-25-15 06:16 PM
    1. Unfortunately yes. Big time.
    2. Yes but there are loads of free apps
    3. Unfortunately yes. Big time...
    4. Not sure mate

This is mostly correct, except for the "big time"
    11-25-15 06:20 PM
    This is completely wrong. I know very well how to use android and there are massive issues on my device. It depends on what build you get.

An idle mind is the devil's playground.

11-25-15 06:28 PM
    Hello

1. No lag on my phone. Both work fine.
    2. Not sure
    3. Not that great camera but ok
    4. Not sure

11-25-15 06:34 PM
    An idle mind is the devil's playground.

Bit too abstract, that