Some things I wish the Priv did, and think it could do, but it currently doesn't. These are things that I think BB should have some control over, not things specific to Android. (At least, I hope they are.) I'm hoping BB reads these forums and considers these suggestions:

1. I have three email accounts that I monitor on my phone. Two of them use the notification light to let me know there are messages - one is configured for green, the other for purple. (Because of #3 on this list, the two accounts use different mail clients - one uses Hub, the other uses Touchdown Pro.) If only one of the accounts has mail, the light works as expected. If both have mail, it flashes green only. I'd like for it to alternate between the two colors so that I know that both accounts have mail. If I set up such a notifcation for the third account, then it should alternate between all three...

2. Add an option to the hub to Delete All mail, without having to open them. Optionally, delete selected mail without having to open them (allowing a checkmark next to each email that I want to delete, with a "select all" and "unselect all" options). I primarily read and respond to email on my computer, and sometimes just want to delete everything on the Priv. Currently, using the Hub, I have to open each mail and delete it individually. This is unnecessarily time-consuming and irritating.

3. Hub should support MS ActiveSync permissions requirements - not sure what the correct term is - the setting in Exchange that will only allow access to the email account if the device is protected by a PIN. Hub doesn't seem to support this. (I use Touchdown Pro instead for this email account.)

What improvements would you like to see?
    11-18-15 07:41 AM
    2 exists. Long press to select multiple.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-18-15 07:44 AM
    WRT hub behaviour, I would like to be able to move mail from the inbox into another folder without having to sync to the other folder which has the opposite of the desired effect, ie. mail then moves into the hub from the selected folder instead of moving out of the hub into the folder. I detailed the behaviour in another long winded thread.
    11-18-15 07:48 AM
    For the notification light issue, you could try the third party app called 'Light Flow':
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ightflow&hl=en

I've used it on my Android phones to try and replicate the notification control we had in BBOS (which gave us even more control than we have in BB10). It can give you a lot of finite control, probably more than you want so it may meet your needs. I think there is a free version too though it will probably have less features.
    11-18-15 07:55 AM
    3. Hub should support MS ActiveSync permissions requirements - not sure what the correct term is - the setting in Exchange that will only allow access to the email account if the device is protected by a PIN. Hub doesn't seem to support this. (I use Touchdown Pro instead for this email account.)
    So can I use Priv hub for my work email, if it uses mobileiron and requires Mobile@work app?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 08:07 AM
    For #2. "Delete Prior" works perfectly or multiple select to delete. Hold down on date above emails. The exact same way as on BB10, in fact the added feature of swipe left or right. Go into hub settings and you can decide how you want those swipes to work.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-18-15 08:22 AM
    You can also swipe from the right to left to delete the email. You don't have to open it everytime.

John Doe99 likes this.
    11-18-15 08:30 AM
    What is the purpose of going android if Priv users are telling BB that it should have this or that? IIRC, users are saying BB should go android due to lack of apps. Now that BB has gone to android, users are still saying this and that. Android has millions of apps remember? I really don't understand this kind of behavior.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    11-18-15 08:42 AM
    What is the purpose of going android if Priv users are telling BB that it should have this or that? IIRC, users are saying BB should go android due to lack of apps. Now that BB has gone to android, users are still saying this and that. Android has millions of apps remember? I really don't understand this kind of behavior.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    Huh?

11-18-15 08:43 AM
    1) Light Flow looks like it'll do the trick.

2) Didn't know about swiping right or long-hold. Thanks! Those work. (BTW - one should not assume that a new Priv owner is familiar with BB10 and Hub already. It's been several years since I last had a BB phone.)

3) Perhaps this will come with user profiles in the next version of Android.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that responded.
    11-18-15 02:30 PM
    3) Perhaps this will come with user profiles in the next version of Android.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that responded.
    I really hope so.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 02:34 PM
    Some things I wish the Priv did, and think it could do, but it currently doesn't. These are things that I think BB should have some control over, not things specific to Android. (At least, I hope they are.) I'm hoping BB reads these forums and considers these suggestions:

1. I have three email accounts that I monitor on my phone. Two of them use the notification light to let me know there are messages - one is configured for green, the other for purple. (Because of #3 on this list, the two accounts use different mail clients - one uses Hub, the other uses Touchdown Pro.) If only one of the accounts has mail, the light works as expected. If both have mail, it flashes green only. I'd like for it to alternate between the two colors so that I know that both accounts have mail. If I set up such a notifcation for the third account, then it should alternate between all three...

2. Add an option to the hub to Delete All mail, without having to open them. Optionally, delete selected mail without having to open them (allowing a checkmark next to each email that I want to delete, with a "select all" and "unselect all" options). I primarily read and respond to email on my computer, and sometimes just want to delete everything on the Priv. Currently, using the Hub, I have to open each mail and delete it individually. This is unnecessarily time-consuming and irritating.

Sadly, they won't allow others to read other strangers email.
    THAT would be soooo coool if they did THAT!! To read some random strangers email on your inbox would have been SOOO COOL

that would have been better!! theres no reason to hide! We should all read everybody elses email whenever we want!!
    11-18-15 02:44 PM
    for #2 you can swipe left to delete also without ever opening it.
    11-18-15 03:16 PM
    I wish the Priv could look up my address, make a daring escape plan from shopBB, hop on the first bus out of there and be here tomorrow when I get home from work with dinner ready on the table.

Last edited by Trisk333; 11-19-15 at 01:20 AM.
    11-18-15 06:17 PM
    Consider playing around with Hub > Settings > Custom Alerts. It's got more options than what you know to do with
    Default says swipe right to delete, Swipe left to snooze an email. You could also tap and hold to get multi-select started, select more items, and press the trash on the top right

It should already do that. I've added activesync accounts requiring policies. But then there's like different exchange server and different versions.
    11-18-15 06:24 PM