Still trying to migrate from BB10 to Android but one last thing is driving me crazy. I want a widget that gives me a true "Silent" mode. I just can't seem to find one that turns off all sounds (Media, Notifications, Alarms) and vibrations. It seems like if I find that goes all dead it still vibrates or if it turns off vibrate it leaves the Media audio up.

I am pulling my hair out here. I have tried:
    Volume Control Widget https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.svk.avolume
    Super Widget https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pp.superwidget
    HD Widgets https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...udtv.hdwidgets
    Extended Controls https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tendedcontrols
    Super Mute https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...arsi.supermute
    Slider Widgets https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.sliderwidget
    Premium Toggle Widgets https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fullwidgetpack

None of them will do it. I really like the look and feel of HD Widgets and Extended Controls but I can't seem to find anything at all that sets up something on the home screen that is just one touch.
    05-23-16 05:59 PM
    Power tools maybe?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-23-16 06:51 PM
    If the DND settings in Marshmallow would be capable of saving I'd recommend that... It would be nice to set to 'Total Silence' as the DND profile permanently and then toggle quickly by simply pressing and holding the volume down key... (better than a widget I feel personally) Unfortunately pressing and holding the volume down key DOES quickly activate DND and silence the device, but the Alarms can't be cut from the priority unless tweaking in the menu 1st... I don't mind my alarms being on (in fact I prefer it) so this method works for me, but not what you are specifically seeking... Maybe an app is around to add to this or perhaps in the future this will be added...?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 07:05 PM
    It wouldn't bother me if alarms stayed on, either. I want the ringer off, media off, notifications off and any associated vibrations off.

It seems like most of the apps/widgets won't turn off the vibrate and the sound. The one or two I found that did didn't turn off the media sound.
    05-23-16 08:14 PM
    I don't understand this, dnd mode is the exact thing? Basically your phone and alarms won't go off for a specific period of time selected by you?
    05-25-16 05:20 AM
    I have no problems with my priv when I put it in dnd, I use it everynight when I got to bed
    05-25-16 08:51 AM
    05-25-16 09:05 AM
    OP, are you on Marshmallow? Do Not Disturb has what you are looking for with verious options. It has total silence plus other options you can choose, such as alarms only etc. In Marshmallow it is available as one of the options when you double swipe down. In MM when you need to quiet your phone in a hurry you use the volume down key. Before in Lollypop the DND options were available from the volume keys on the side. I use DND all the time when I walk into a meeting or am at event where I do not want any sound. It turns of vibrate too.
    05-25-16 09:25 AM
    OP, are you on Marshmallow? Do Not Disturb has what you are looking for with verious options. It has total silence plus other options you can choose, such as alarms only etc. In Marshmallow it is available as one of the options when you double swipe down. In MM when you need to quiet your phone in a hurry you use the volume down key. Before in Lollypop the DND options were available from the volume keys on the side. I use DND all the time when I walk into a meeting or am at event where I do not want any sound. It turns of vibrate too.
    WHat he said I was just a tad to slow
    I paid for the new Power Tools and it sucks on Android!!!!! I deleted the app its that bad
    05-25-16 10:00 AM
    Right, I want one-touch DND mode. I haven't found a widget or anything that I can stick on the homescreen that will set the phone to DND. Everything I have tried will:
    #1 - Mute the Notifications but leave the Media Volume up
    #2 - Mutes everything but leaves vibration on, even if the indicator says it shouldn't be the case

Every widget I have tried suffers from #1, #2 or both.

Still running Lollipop.

And yes, I tried Power Tools..... for about 2 minutes and dumped it.

Also, what does it take to get custom audio notifications to work with the Priv. I have set different sounds for Text (in the Messenger settings) and my 4 e-mail accounts (in the hub settings) but I still get the default text notification and e-mails just vibrate with no sound.

I really like the Priv, but getting the audio and notifications to do what I want (or even seems reasonable) is just frustrating. Android is sooooo different than BB10 with this.
    Last edited by smitbret; 05-25-16 at 12:59 PM.
    05-25-16 12:40 PM
    Yeah, hopefully your Priv is updated to Marshmallow soon as DND mode will handle this amply. No widget, but the pressing and holding of the Volume down automatically triggers DND and is just as quick give or take a millisecond... Just would be nice to be able to customize the profile to remain as preferred, i.e. Total Silence mode vs Alarms only... Once you end the task it automatically restores to the 'defaults' DND settings... But the default DND settings does everything you want sans silencing Alarms, however you've stated the Alarms you wouldn't mind. I'd say hang in there an don't waste any more funds until you can Marshmallow out your Priv. DND on Android 6.0 may be precisely what you are seeking...

05-25-16 04:12 PM
    Sounds like it. I will be patient.

Thanks for the assist.
    05-25-16 04:40 PM
    Try Sound Profile. (Pro for me...)
    I really like this app.

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    TBonius Rex likes this.
    05-25-16 07:16 PM
    Have you tried inform BlackBerry by email about this??? Or not? Don't just download random apps which can harm your phone or make it slow. It's android!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 02:24 AM
    Have you tried inform BlackBerry by email about this??? Or not? Don't just download random apps which can harm your phone or make it slow. It's android!

Posted via CB10
    Yes there are at least two BlackBerry employees that are actively monitoring and replying to threads here...
    05-26-16 03:24 AM
    The lack of convenient notification settings on my Priv was one of my first shocks when I switched from my Passport. It would even automatically switch to silent during meetings that were scheduled in the calendar (from Outlook).

05-26-16 05:51 AM
    Yes there are at least two BlackBerry employees that are actively monitoring and replying to threads here...
    I hope your worlds are true ,
    05-26-16 05:55 AM
    The lack of convenient notification settings on my Priv was one of my first shocks when I switched from my Passport. It would even automatically switch to silent during meetings that were scheduled in the calendar (from Outlook).

My priv switch to silent when I have a meeting in my calendar. I remember you should have one people at least as meeting guest.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-26-16 06:19 AM