Wanted to try out the BB Priv camera in low light and night time so I was taking some pictures in the dark. When I took the first one, wanted to get a nice shot of the city lights and while having my face close to the screen to take the picture, BAM. Bright flash of light that kinda blinded me for a second. Shame that this happens every time you take a picture. Is there a way to disable this screen flash? I understand it's nice when you wanna take a selfie in low light but not when taking pictures using the main camera in the dark lol.
    WT44 likes this.
    03-13-16 08:09 PM
    Oh (or Ouch), I "see" what you mean. That is strange. And I did turn off the flash for main camera.
    03-13-16 09:08 PM
    No, this is not disable-able. The visual flash is there to provide feedback in the event you've turned notifications down, or are hearing-impaired, etc. Agreed, that could be disorienting if you are in the dark and close to the screen. Adaptive brightness should be dimming the display already if you are in a dark location to minimize the effect, but I'll take this back to the team and see what we can do.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-14-16 03:30 PM
    No, this is not disable-able. The visual flash is there to provide feedback in the event you've turned notifications down, or are hearing-impaired, etc. Agreed, that could be disorienting if you are in the dark and close to the screen. Adaptive brightness should be dimming the display already if you are in a dark location to minimize the effect, but I'll take this back to the team and see what we can do.
    Yes, I also really hope that you guys reconsider making this disable-able and maybe also add an option to use a short subtle vibration for feedback that a picture has been taken/saved successfully. For those like me who still use the back camera for selfie purposes (due to the graniness of the photos that the low-rez selfie cam unfortunately produces in low light conditions) a vibration as feedback would be a better option as opposed to the current flash. Especially when taking photos at night on the streets or for instance in restaurants people think that they are being secretly photographed. Not cool.
    03-17-16 12:48 PM