Priv's camera has a main camera of 18 mp and at first I was impressed but seeing the photos, they aren't really that impresseive.. I dont know why is this.. can this be fixed by updates or do we have to wait for a Priv 2 (if there will be)??
    03-21-16 09:00 PM
    It's really good as it is and there have been a few updates already since the Priv launched. I'm sure it will improve further.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-21-16 09:04 PM
    yeah the quality is good being high resolution, but i dont know, maybe the color, something is different as compared to my previous android phones..
    03-21-16 09:09 PM
    That's cause your other android phones didn't have good cameras.

Lol seriously though, are you reviewing them on your phone or computer? If on the phone, maybe adjust saturation levels of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 09:20 PM
    I for one think it is excellent and have received a few kudos from my Instagram posts. I especially find the little slider to manually brighten up shots fabulous. Here's a quick snap of my dog. The detail is excellent in my opinion

Attached Thumbnails Is there a chance for BB Priv's camera to improve?-10189.jpg  
    03-21-16 10:20 PM
    Updates on the device has been a regular feature. I have seen one significant update on the Priv camera in the past two months which improved the speed and fixed bugs. Having said that IMHO the Priv camera is awesome amongst all BlackBerry devices.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    03-21-16 10:26 PM
    Today morning pictures taken from my awesome Priv camera on a rainy day in Dubai.

Attached Thumbnails Is there a chance for BB Priv's camera to improve?-36611.jpg  
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-21-16 10:27 PM
    That Priv camera has few rivals! Perhaps your viewing medium as others have mentioned....

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    03-21-16 10:28 PM
    That Priv camera has few rivals! Perhaps your viewing medium as others have mentioned....

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    Agreed . I am responsible for what I have said and not responsible for what you have understood. I will add further apart from the camera there are many other features which makes the device unique.

03-21-16 10:39 PM
    I for one think it is excellent and have received a few kudos from my Instagram posts. I especially find the little slider to manually brighten up shots fabulous. Here's a quick snap of my dog. The detail is excellent in my opinion

Excellent shot Rickell. Sharp and clear picture indeed.

03-21-16 11:00 PM
    Camera has gotten better with several updates and will likely get even better as time goes on.

As with all phones, make sure you lean the lens from time to time. May sound simple, but was a fix for a friend who constantly complained about poor picture quality on their Z30, but I'm sure everyone else keeps theirs spotless, lol!
    03-21-16 11:43 PM
    I guess it is just me... but what about the front cam?? do you think it can still improve?? and do you mind shairng more of your photos
    03-22-16 12:08 AM
    Can the camera be silenced? That's an improvement I want!
    03-22-16 12:16 AM
    Camera has gotten better with several updates and will likely get even better as time goes on.

As with all phones, make sure you lean the lens from time to time. May sound simple, but was a fix for a friend who constantly complained about poor picture quality on their Z30, but I'm sure everyone else keeps theirs spotless, lol!
    You got that right:

Is there a chance for BB Priv's camera to improve?-dirty-lens-compare.jpg
    outside_the_box likes this.
    03-22-16 12:18 AM
    Yes the shutter sound can be silenced. Just hold the volume down key until the bell icon has a slash through it. No more shutter click.

Remember this also completely silences all your notifications so adjust up when you are done!

03-22-16 01:35 AM
    Turn phone to silent then camera will be silent!

Posted from my Priv
    03-22-16 01:41 AM
    Software will keep improving the camera somewhat. But as of now it's still slow and behind the competition.

03-22-16 01:57 AM
    Improve the camera in terms of additional features - yes, noise suppression - yes. But when it comes to optical quality, i doubt it. As image quality will start with the quality of lens, then the sensor. So the 1st question would be how good is the hardware installed. Then it's up to the firmware/software to harness the most out of the hardware.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-22-16 04:20 AM
    Make sure your camera app is up to date, though I think the last update added a good bit of shutter lag. and I don't know how to roll it back one rev.

You can also download different apps, the Cyanogen camera is quite good. You are not stuck with the BB version.

As far as the physical hardware, Priv camera is near the top in independent tests.

The selfie camera kinda sucks, but who gives a rats behind.
    03-22-16 05:45 AM
    I want to be able to save raw picture files like the htc m9 did.
    n8tiveg likes this.
    03-22-16 05:59 AM
    Yes the shutter sound can be silenced. Just hold the volume down key until the bell icon has a slash through it. No more shutter click.

Remember this also completely silences all your notifications so adjust up when you are done!

While that may fix the camera, my memory would mean that everything remains SILENT until hours later I remember that I turned off ALL sound.

I want separate shutter silence.
    03-22-16 08:43 AM
    I want separate shutter silence.
    Ditto
    03-22-16 09:17 AM
    Priv's camera has a main camera of 18 mp and at first I was impressed but seeing the photos, they aren't really that impresseive.. I dont know why is this.. can this be fixed by updates or do we have to wait for a Priv 2 (if there will be)??
    What is it that you do not like about the camera

03-22-16 09:18 AM
    I guess it is just me... but what about the front cam?? do you think it can still improve?? and do you mind shairng more of your photos
    The front cam is pretty weak indeed and been a topic for critical comments from a lot of people and it is very unlikely it will improve. There has been word BlackBerry was only able to squeeze a rather poor camera module in the front and you actually see it.

As for the main camera, I think it is ok, especially for a phone camera. I also have to say it improved a lot since I got the phone back in december, especially the autofocus is much faster and more accurate. So BBRY has been actively improving the camera usability.
    03-22-16 11:21 AM
    it already can, by turning notifications down. but we'll make this even easier soon!
    FF22 and Phinhead54 like this.
    03-22-16 11:44 AM
26 12