I seem to remember seeing something that effectively made it so that an unlocked Priv is an unlocked Priv, and that you no longer needed an AT&T sim for updates, and AT&T will be getting out of updates.

Is this the case?
    12-01-16 06:29 PM
    If it's an AT&T Priv but sold factory unlocked (i.e. that liquidation sale a while back) then it's almost the same as a regular factory unlocked (Shop BlackBerry) STV100-1. An AT&T Priv unlocked after the fact is still on AT&T's schedule.
    12-01-16 06:42 PM
    If it's an AT&T Priv but sold factory unlocked (i.e. that liquidation sale a while back) then it's almost the same as a regular factory unlocked (Shop BlackBerry) STV100-1. An AT&T Priv unlocked after the fact is still on AT&T's schedule.
    Thanks for that info, I got my Priv today, and I do believe it is the former option that you listed. However, I can't seem to get the Marshmallow update, and when I try to update from 5.1, it tells me it is at it's most recent. Can you lend any suggestions? Many many thanks.
    12-02-16 10:25 PM
    Thanks for that info, I got my Priv today, and I do believe it is the former option that you listed. However, I can't seem to get the Marshmallow update, and when I try to update from 5.1, it tells me it is at it's most recent. Can you lend any suggestions? Many many thanks.
    You can load a factory image onto the phone to update it: it'll wipe the phone, but since it's a new phone there shouldn't be much on it anyway.

Files and instructions are here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/

Since you're running an AT&T Priv (regardless where you got it), you must use the AT&T autoloader, version AAG873.
    12-02-16 10:31 PM
    Before going the route suggested by Thurask, try one of these methods.

Main Settings, About, Update (which it sounds as if you tried). Some folks have suggested pressing and holding on Check for Updates rather than just tapping it.

Another thing, change the time and date 3 or 4 days ahead and then check for updates again.
    12-02-16 11:08 PM